Siege of the Emperors Palace battle scene display

Greetings

Was just having a think today about the amazing battle scene displays GW used to do some years ago for Gamesday and the like and my favorite one was the huge display they did of the Siege of the Emperors Palace. It was an awesome display that you could spend hours looking at and was like a screen shot of exactly how you imagine those final, bloody moments of the hersey on terra to be and being as the story of the Horus Heresy is bigger than ever I'd thought I'd bring this up.

My question is does anyone else remember this and what has happened to it? It used to be at Warhammer World when they still had the museum upstairs some years ago (maybe 5-6 years ago? maybe more) and the even bigger question does anyone have any pictures of this amazing work?!

Cheers

Saw the display at warhammer world, it is quite amazing close up- as are several of their dioramas (even the WFB ones e.g. the undead vs empire one). The titans are very finely detailed and the little stories/battles between the minis are interesting too, created by the people who built and painted the models. IIRC they are done by GW stores painted individual minis and then sent in and collected into a diorama.

It would be interesting to see what the GW could do with the plastic minis and terrain of today, although back then money and time wasn't as great a factor and so they could afford to be generous in the minis they used, today I'm not quite so sure.

Not sure where the display is now though sorry.

There are a small number of pictures at Stuff of Legends here. The display was dismantled and the parts binned or salvaged after a few years at Lenton.

A number of the miniatures were specially made for the display like the dead chaos marines here and were grabbed by staff. Most of the others were conversions of existing miniatures. I'm sure someone grabbed the main figures but they've never surfaced on ebay or in the hands of collectors.

Its a shame that was a really good display. I went there a few month after they'd done Armageddon campaign and the Big Toof River display, tempestora and that blew my mind (needless to say I was upset to see they had a full scale replica of a chaos sorcerer ;) but the terminator redeemed that :P)

Wow, that looks freakin' amazing! Must have been even cooler in real life.

The White Scars sallying out of the gates, the BA fighting a desperate battle against the odds, the IF manning the walls against the odds...too bad they got rid of it.

If anyone lives in the area, pleeeease scurry on over to Warhammer World and get the pics. I'd love to see the 100% thing. <_<

I live round the corner from Wahammer World and it isn't there. I've been round the place for around five years and I've never seen any sign of it.

Yeah, I remember that!

It was huge!

Wasn't there an article on it in WD too?

As already mentioned it was later left on display at Warhammer World, but as to what became of it after the HQ refurb I'm at a loss to say....

:o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I still have the white dwarf with that in it. Great piece, I wonder what happened to it?

Dont forget on that Display there was the very first 40K Demonic Angron with two Juggernauts as his puppies in one corner of that big display...i wonder if someone still has the pic of the miniature...

I still have the white dwarf with that in it. Great piece, I wonder what happened to it?

Dont forget on that Display there was the very first 40K Demonic Angron with two Juggernauts as his puppies in one corner of that big display...i wonder if someone still has the pic of the miniature...

That sounds brilliant. I've gotta see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived