California, USA

Red_Scorpion

Well I got one so far and he is coming for the other side of the bay. I gave my spring summer schedule but failed to say that currently I am working Sun thru Tues. So Thurs - Sat for gaming in my garage is open until the beginning of April. So all you guys who are saying you are reasonably close to San Leandro I am waiting to here from you. I would like to get the group together and started before I switch my work days.

I'm situated in Oakland, usually play at Endgame on Tuesdays and Saturdays.

Can easily get a game in with anyone. Can't travel outside of Oakland at the moment as my Jeep is in a state of disrepair and only have my motorcycle. Can get up to 3k points of Legion of the Damned (in my backpack) and 15k points of Orks ( Orks are stored/displayed at EG )

• 2 weeks later...
Im from the South Bay, Im mostly in SJ southside. Anyone got tables?

I don't, but I'm from South San Jose off Blossom Hill. Would you be up for a 1000 pt game between the 20th-30th at Game Kastle or GW?

How strict is GK with painted models? I got half my SM army painted black, (repainting). I know the San Jo GW redshirts are strict about having the models painted if i remember right, it's been dayz ago.. Besides that I think I will be able to at the end of the month, and hopefully I get the paint I need soon. Do you also play Fantasy? That be legit, I always play 1,000 point rounds.

At GK you can bring painted or unpainted models it doen't matter. They have good turrain and tables. The nights for 40K are Mon, Thurs, Sat, all day Sun. There is a gaming club that meets on Sunday, Dogs of War

http://createforum.com/pawarhammer

http://warhammer.meetup.com/80

I'm based out of Sunnyvale, CA. Spitting distance to SJ/Santa Clara/Game Kastle/etc (Bay Area spitting distance that is)

Been awhile since I hit GK...life's been busy. But now I need to get out and about more...get some game playing in. And I'm a HUGE fan of Apocalypse games...just so ya know.

Also, I'm working on tables and such in my Garage..and my housemate plays 40k as well! So we shall have to see what we can do!

I feel for those of ya without a GW store...but I've never went to one. I "hear" things about the one here locally...plus I have a friend who runs a Game Store in my old town..so I get all my loot from him..yay for 20% off!

ps...Loken...dude...Auburn/Grass Valley?! Man that sucks! I'm surprised there are even 3 that play there! *grin* I used to deliver for Fedex in A/GV so I know the area!

Just to let all the SF Bay Area players know, Frater MARCUS SCIPIO and I got together for a game at my home in San Leandro. We had a great time. We played a small 1000pt game to cut our teeth on. This was my first venture with the 5th edition as was MARCUS SCIPIO's, so we took our time and flipped through the rulebook a lot. I am looking forward to getting tegether for more gaming with MARCUS SCIPIO in the future.

And those of you that think that you are too far away living in the south bay, MARCUS SCIPIO came in from across the bay, S.F. Also I am only going to be available for gaming Sun to Wed starting the beginning of April for those that are interested. I am open to the weekday gaming. If I get a couple more regulars, I will definitely build a second table.

I'm in Sacramento, drop by Great Escape Games every so often. My marines are in a gross state of unpaintedness right now, though that will hopefully change this coming week. Yay for Spring Break. If anyone wants to get together for a game, in the coming months, I shouldn't have any problem hitting 5K+ with my Space Marines (just have to put a lot together right now...). Have a couple of friends in the area that play, so if someone wants to get an Apoc game going, we could even do that.

I'm actually on my way to Game Kastle right now. I called and they said they had someone who could help me learn the rules. 1000 points exactly of Blood Angels are heading over there now. If you want a game, I'll be there. Giants hat on! Haha.

schuurthing.

So how'd learning 40k go?

It's been a while since I've been to GK...as soon as I get my army re-assembled I have to head down there and start playing again.

Played against a kid who hadn't really played either, a very nice man named Jeff helped us both out. I think I had a better grasp of the rules and strategy from my playing years ago and from reading the rulebook extensively. I did well, I won. I'd bat. rep. but it'd be boring. Haha.

There will be a new GW hobby center in Antioch, CA opening on April 3rd. I'll get the address up as soon as I know it.

It's only 3 miles from my door to theirs! Nice!!!

Hey, Venerable Rhadamanthus let us know when you get those tables done, we'll get some games rolling for sure. My SM army is almost done and I also have a 500 point (combat patrol) IG list too.

Also if anyone has any fantasy armies I got 1,500point of Dark Elves and 1k of HE.

@schuurthing, rockin' that Giants hat, for sure.