California, USA

Red_Scorpion

Just getting back into 40k, I'm in Orange County near the Larwin Square store, but I usually go to the Bunker in Westminster. Also interested in Dark Heresy, or any of the spin-offs of it, if there are any RP groups in the area.

• 1 month later...
Live in san ysidro usually go to Games Empire to play.

I would defiantly like to catch a game some time. I am usually free on Friday and Saturday after 3 and all day Sunday.

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I just moved to San Francisco recently for school. I'm going to SFSU and I've got two finished armies: Blood Angels and Imperial Guard. Plus another WIP, the Tyranids!! I'd like to catch some games if there is anybody in the Bay Area on this forum! Just send me a PM and we can link up!

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I just moved out to the IE area, and haven't gamed in a LONG time.  However I am more into finding a good store or workplace to paint. I did my best work at the westminster bunker before it turned into a one man operation... so sad to see GW lose the huge gaming tables.  Anyway I'll be here for another year til I PCS so PM me if/when anything is abound fellow socal B&Cers!

you all live in big cities I live in beamout, not one hobbyshop for an hour or 2

Beaumont as in just north of Hemet?

@Jwave and Souldrinkerlktinos

I go back home to So-cal constantly (Oceanside, but I don't mind driving for a game) I'll hit either of you 2 up next time I'm cruising down (should be pretty soon here.)

Edited by skawolf

• 1 year later...

Hey guys,

I Just recently got back into the hobby, after taking 6th ed off and moving to San Jose, Ca. Im looking for some people to play with or hobby with, but also go to tournaments with. I was a tournament organizer back in 4th and 5th, and Used to go to Adepticon annually. I'd love to find a team to play with or assemble one for the team tournament, Shoot me a message if you are interested! 

• 3 weeks later...

Im from the South Bay, Im mostly in SJ southside. Anyone got tables?

I don't, but I'm from South San Jose off Blossom Hill. Would you be up for a 1000 pt game between the 20th-30th at Game Kastle or GW?

I live off blossom hill as well, we should get a group together at some point. Do either of you ever go to local tourneys?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't started playing yet but I've been scoping out Game Ogre in Northridge and Game Empire in Pasadena.  Yourself?

Both are great places. A friend of mine swears by Game Ogre, though I've never been there despite living 5 minutes away.

I head over to Game Empire myself from time to time, it's probably got the most tables of any store I'm aware of in the area.

There is a hobby store down the street from me called JJ's Gamer Lounge which I buy stuff from once in a while, but haven't played there in a while. Doesn't seem like much/any of a 40k scene.

My friends and I usually get together at a rental space in the city of San Fernando to do our gaming. Allows us to drink, be loud and obnoxious, and shout excessive profanity. If you were ever interested in doing so, you would be more than welcome to join us. It's a pretty small space but we have two 8x4 tables and enough chairs for 8-10 people.

Edited by Venomlust

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Local tournament and intro games coming up for the Southern California area. Orccon 2016, Presidents Day weekend, Feb 12 - Feb 15 at the Hilton Los Angeles Airport, 5711 W Century Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90045

Some 40k events being hosted by SoCal Crusaders (https://www.facebook.com/So-Cal-Crusaders-145844608843700/)

http://www.strategicon.net/index.php?goto=events

...and there's a bunch of other games too, but most importantly a big ol'Apocalypse game.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't started playing yet but I've been scoping out Game Ogre in Northridge and Game Empire in Pasadena.  Yourself?

Both are great places. A friend of mine swears by Game Ogre, though I've never been there despite living 5 minutes away.

I head over to Game Empire myself from time to time, it's probably got the most tables of any store I'm aware of in the area.

There is a hobby store down the street from me called JJ's Gamer Lounge which I buy stuff from once in a while, but haven't played there in a while. Doesn't seem like much/any of a 40k scene.

My friends and I usually get together at a rental space in the city of San Fernando to do our gaming. Allows us to drink, be loud and obnoxious, and shout excessive profanity. If you were ever interested in doing so, you would be more than welcome to join us. It's a pretty small space but we have two 8x4 tables and enough chairs for 8-10 people.

Thanks for the invite ... I fell out of the game because of being too busy with life ... but I'm trying to get back in now (going to use the Imperial Fists Expansion event to work on a HH IF army).

Game Ogre has now moved to Westlake and I heard JJ's closed down.  However, there is now a Warhammer store opening in San Fernando Valley near Pierce College.

Yep to all that, plus our buddy with the gaming space moved to Seattle, plus my wife and I moved to Ventura county. Not much gaming/hobbying going on right now. :( Edited by Venomlust

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...