Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Best unit vs. Plaguemarines

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Ant

Ant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
A squad of 13th co. grey slayers, when charged by Plaguemarines could possibly be the best way to counter them?
With a Wolfguard armed with a fist/frostaxe & mark of the wulfen and counter-attack he could total up to about 7 attacks? 2 base, +1 for extra weapon, +1 for counter attack and +3 for MOTW, he alone could take out a squad relatively easily. Stacked ontop of the rest of the squads attacks, some of which might be frost axes / power weapons it may be a good counter-squad to the Plaguemarines. You would just have to bait them to charge you rather than vice versa. Im not quite sure if they would be as effective as a BT Termy squad full of lightning claws though.
Anthony Warrington - Space Wolves Blood Claw! RAWR

Vassakov

Vassakov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,113 posts
Simple. A Vindicator. They come in, probably reasonably bunched up. The S10 shell denies them FNP, will probably get most of the squad and blow a hole in it. And the Plaugebearers have no real way of hurting it.

As far as assault goes, Blood Claws. A potential 9 PF attacks, plus the rest and whatever the WGPL + character gets will see off PB easily. As we have such a high number of PW/PF attacks they aren't a serious problem. They are a tarpit unit, however so go for more dangerous units first.
The darks greatest gift is the light itself: as days are defined by the nights that divide them, as stars are defined by the infinite dark through which they wheel, the dark embraces the light, and brings forth from the center of itself. With each victory of the light, it is the dark that wins.

The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.

Black Blow Fly

Black Blow Fly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,667 posts
A unit with a lot of power fist attacks.

0b B)
=][= fortis Fortuna adiuvat . =][=
my 40k FB Page:
https://m.facebook.com/Terminus6Est
Terminus Est
Blood and Honor!

Wolf89

Wolf89

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,739 posts

A squad of 13th co. grey slayers, when charged by Plaguemarines could possibly be the best way to counter them?
With a Wolfguard armed with a fist/frostaxe & mark of the wulfen and counter-attack he could total up to about 7 attacks? 2 base, +1 for extra weapon, +1 for counter attack and +3 for MOTW, he alone could take out a squad relatively easily. Stacked ontop of the rest of the squads attacks, some of which might be frost axes / power weapons it may be a good counter-squad to the Plaguemarines. You would just have to bait them to charge you rather than vice versa. Im not quite sure if they would be as effective as a BT Termy squad full of lightning claws though.

Wolfguard leader in 13th company has 3 base attacks, and grey slayers have 2 base. :tu:

Just means they'd own even more :)

The best thing I've used against them in Space Wolves is a vindicator, as stated it crushes their FNP and they're usually in smaller groups so you're more than likely to get them all (don't forget, no more partials, any touching and they're nuked. :tu:

with my 13th company, I've killed them with every unit in my army except my long fangs (unless you count shooting) even my fenrisian wolf packs can take care of them... 45 attacks is still going to wear away at a marine squad, T5 or not.
-Before you post a question you have about space wolves check here first then check here second-

Bran Scalphunter

Bran Scalphunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

A 13th Company Wulf Guard can't take a PF and get +1A for 2 CCW's anymore... he can however get this:

Base (3) + Charge (1) - Defensive Grenades (1) {dirty blight grenades} + Mark of the Wulfen {let's assume a good roll} (3) + Counter-Attack (1) + Wolf Pelt (1) + Wolf Helm of Russ {why not, we're going for overkill at this point anyways} (1) = 7/8 if twin lightning claws are taken on a charge

Also, a Wulf Guard cannot take a Frost Blade, that's IC only. Your best bet is a Wulf Guard with 2x Claws to terrorize those Plague Marines. Seeing as you get a reroll to wound with the LC's so you get a better chance of killing them before they hurt you.

Edit: Seem's I can't do math today ;)

Edited by Bran Scalphunter, 05 September 2008 - 08:05 PM.

Sticks and stones may break your bones, but my Exterminatussock works even better!
QUOTE (Grey Mage @ Apr 18 2009, 12:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But your crazy enough to have been recovered from the warp... and I like you for that.

Ant

Ant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts

Base (3) + Charge (1) - Defensive Grenades (1) {dirty blight grenades} + Mark of the Wulfen {let's assume a good roll} (3) + Counter-Attack (1) + Wolf Pelt (1) + Wolf Helm of Russ {why not, we're going for overkill at this point anyways} (1) = 9/10 if twin lightning claws are taken

Wouldn't it be
Base (3) + Counter attack (1) + MOTW (3) + Wolf Pelt (1) + WHOR (1) = 9
if you were charged

and

Base (3) + Charge (1) - Blight Grenades (1) + MOTW (3) + WHOR (1) = 7
If you were the one who charged?

Bran Scalphunter

Bran Scalphunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

Base (3) + Charge (1) - Defensive Grenades (1) {dirty blight grenades} + Mark of the Wulfen {let's assume a good roll} (3) + Counter-Attack (1) + Wolf Pelt (1) + Wolf Helm of Russ {why not, we're going for overkill at this point anyways} (1) = 9/10 if twin lightning claws are taken

Wouldn't it be
Base (3) + Counter attack (1) + MOTW (3) + Wolf Pelt (1) + WHOR (1) = 9
if you were charged

and

Base (3) + Charge (1) - Blight Grenades (1) + MOTW (3) + WHOR (1) = 7
If you were the one who charged?

Sorry I goofed, it would be 7 on the Charge w/o LC's, and 8 on a Counter-Attack w/o LC's when charged.

I'll edit my earlier post to fix it.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but my Exterminatussock works even better!
But your crazy enough to have been recovered from the warp... and I like you for that.

Ant

Ant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 73 posts
Gewd littel puppay! ^_^

Bran Scalphunter

Bran Scalphunter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,472 posts

Gewd littel puppay! :confused:

*leaps at Ant with lightning claws activated*

RAAWRG! I ain't no stinkin' pup unless the Mods say so!

*gets distracted by keg of ale and leaps after thrall carrying it*

-_-