Depthcharge

WolfLordLars

welcome back to the Fang wolf brother! :lol: have an ale on me. As for Depthcharge... it has been a long time since we last heard from him. But there are still some old wolves here that you may still recognize. I would like to think that Depthcharge, along with his great company is fighting along side Russ somewere until they return for the wolf time!!

Thanks, it was finally time for me to come back. Picked up a copy of 5th ed, looked it over, and while I am still a bit leery, I will give it a go. Figured the first place to come to was here.

Should I post questions on this forum, or is there another one more appropriate for it?

I last saw DC a few years ago... well, 3-4 actually, up in Denver. After he started to become inactive, he quit answering all e-mail. Wasnt sure what happened. Had hoped he might of swung by here in my absence, guess not.

So, whats the good word? What have I missed in the past... oh... two years? :)

Wow long time no see

Still no news of Depthcharge, As you can see, his weapon is still sitting snug in his case on the wall

He'll return one day and the glass wil be broken and wolf time will begin :)

Same old same old

Pups complain about the old dex, pups ask when we'll get a new dex, pups complain about high prices

The same

Nah, Its still fun in here and its an easy board to moderate, The wolves are behaving well B)

I read through a few of those "when will the SW codex be out" threads. You know, I never felt any real need to see it updated. We are probably the most effective marine chapter with our old codex. Like my "Three AC in a DP" setup, legal under our old dex... or two Venerables. Better a dated, yet effective codex than a new neutered version. Then again, if its the guy who made the Eldar codex who is making our new one, we will truly be godlike. :rolleyes:

Fenrir - Will do. This is starting to feel like a collection of old-timers. Not that I have room to talk, I was new when most of them were old...

Welcome back, Wolf Guard.

Two ven dreads are no longer legal. See the 5th Ed SW FAQ.

I think you will love the 5th Ed. Since the 5th is out i hadn´t lost a single game. The 5th is made for Space Wolves. And it seems that you have missed Apocalypse, too. That´s also a great fun. Fighting Titans and other superheavy Vehicles (or using them on your own) is great. Actual i´m challanged for a 40000 points (per side) battle. I think i will ask a friend if he want to join my 20000 SW/GK army with his 25000 Black Templar Crusade.

Boy when I read threads like this I feel young, which is fairly refreshing actually, exactly the opposite happens whenever I read anything about the Tau. Good times. Welcome back to the Fang!

You know, I never felt any real need to see it updated. We are probably the most effective marine chapter with our old codex.

Hear! Hear! Now that 5th is out my wolves have been outright dangerous. Both on charging and receiving. The other day, I was pasting someone with monstrous charges so then he says well I'll put a stop to that I'll just charge you. Oh the look on his face when he found out what the wolf pelts do now.

I almost don't want a new codex. But we'll see.

Welcome back to the Fang WolfLordLars.

SWLars

Oi, I remember you! Long time no see there Lars! *passes keg of ale to Lars*

God I feel old now... ;) Anyways not much has changed here, the Wolves rule, DA wear dresses, and we got Daemons a few forums down from us now if it means anything to ya.

Well, I got to run so cheers!

Well, sucks with the lack of two Ven Dreads, though that was splitting hairs. I DO like that they finally addressed the heavy weapon on the WGBL, no more having to argue with folks should I ever head to a tournament again.

Wolf Guard? Cool! I got promoted! :tu:

I read through Apocalypse, but it wasnt really enough to bring me back. I have a ton of models, so playing in huge games might be worthwhile... but just didnt feel the urge. Will try it at some point though. Same with Cities of Death.

Just playing a quick game today showed me alot. Ended up loosing in a quick 500pt game, but against orks and with full force orgs, I figured as much. Totally spaced bringing a Ven Dread for my HQ, otherwise it would of turned out VERY different. Counter-charge is awesome, and Wolf Pelts are going to see some serious use I think. Once I dust myself off and play a real game, I can see going for a good run of the table.

Anyway, on DC... I cant even remember the last time we spoke. I remember seeing him in 2005, and talking to him once or twice in 2006, but since then, nothing. He is still around somewhere, I imagine. Never know, I came back, he might too.

I have a ton of questions about 5th ed. Used to be we posted them here, as alot have a SW angle in mind. That still good, or is there another forum I should hit up?

Welcome back brother. I look forward to your wisdom on 5th. :nuke:

I will do what I can. If we have another year or so to wait for a codex, I think I can add some useful input in that amount of time.

Never thought my ability to cheese out a list would be called "wisdom" though. :D

So, I am reading through my old PM's, and I came across several that reminded me of a nice little debate I had with someone on the forum YEARS ago. Kiefer0999 and the "WGBL and heavy weapons" debate.

Glad to see they cleared that up. ALMOST tempted to leave him a comment to that effect, but since seems to be inactive, no need to get that one going again.

Welcome back, WolfLordLars and Bran! Good to see some of the Long Fangs are still going, despite GW's apparent best efforts to alienate the veterans (I've been playing Wolves for 7 years, on the B&C 18 months... go figure) Still, under 5th Ed the Wolves remain a force to be reckoned with - I placed 2nd in a Tornuament recently.

With many of our wiser and more experienced brothers returning to the Fang, our teeth now well cut on 5th Ed and our Codex still little more than a distant dream; is perhaps now time to consider a comprehensive Tactica: The Son's Of Russ for 5th Ed?

Archived