Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with imperial fists

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Centurion Jay

Centurion Jay

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,054 posts
If anyone knows anything about pre-heresy fists can you help me because im gonna start a pre-heresy fists army

thanks

Edited by Brother Tyler, 14 September 2008 - 04:15 PM.
Text formatting such as "u" in place of "you" and "coz" in place of "because" is not allowed at the B&C per the forum rules.

The Hounds Imperialis - True Scale Custom Chapter WIP Log: http://www.bolterand...nds-imperialis/

30K Ultramarine WIP Log: http://www.bolterand...e-38th-company/

Mertio23

Mertio23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
What do you wish to know?

The main thing to remember is that you should not have the Imperial Eagle on the chestplates of your marines, and also not to use the Crux Terminatus, as that did not come into use until after the Horus Heresy, (however, I left one on my Chaplain as it looked cool.) Using some of the Black Templar parts can be good, and you can keep some of the templar iconography. Things like cloaks and robes can look good if done right but try to keep it regal, not monastic like Dark Angels. It would also look awesome if you converted some MK2 & MK3 Power Armour for your marines.

Do you have a theme for your Fists? When I did mine, I used the Defence of the Imperial Palace as my theme. Specifically, the fighting that raged through the Palace's Ornamental Gardens.

Heres a few examples of what I did.

MK6 Marine

Posted Image

MK5 Marine

Posted Image

Mk4 Marine

Posted Image

Chaplain

Posted Image

Venerable Dreadnought

Posted Image

Any more questions, just ask mate.
QUOTE (PyronusSouria @ Aug 2 2011, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real Imperial truth is that friendship is magic.

Lord Kharloth

Lord Kharloth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 194 posts
Here is one i found, it is not as bright and shiny as the other schemes that i've seen, but i feel that it gives a more serious look to the imperial fist scheme rather than just the bright neon yellow that we all see on fist models.

http://www.cbstudios...rial/4525393843
40KONLINE SHALL BE DESTROYED BY MY HAND! MUHAHAHAHAH!

sponsra

sponsra

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 267 posts
I play Fists, and I have some pics from the paintingprocess. they're not pre heresey but could be of help as inspiration maybe...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Mertio23

Mertio23

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 83 posts
I've just found a picture of what an Imperial Fist from the Heresy Era should look like, with regards to the colour scheme. Hope this helps.

http://oz.games-work...F_hawkins_b.jpg
QUOTE (PyronusSouria @ Aug 2 2011, 04:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The real Imperial truth is that friendship is magic.

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,780 posts
The paint scheme is exactly the same. they are easy to do. All you would need to do is just buy a ton of Mk 4 and Mk 5 bits. Beakies were during the Heresy, not Pre.
.....damn I haven't posted since 2011

Vodunius

Vodunius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,948 posts

All you would need to do is just buy a ton of Mk 4 and Mk 5 bits. Beakies were during the Heresy, not Pre.

Bit of an odd bit of advice, since the canon source that says Beakies were mid-heresy also says the same about Mk5..
i hate to break it to you chaps, but according to the English Language a Chevron is a V shape, if your 'Chevrons' are not V shaped then they are just hazard stripes NOT Chevrons

Horus killed Sanguinius so hard that his entire chapter feels it forever..

Pacific81

Pacific81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,835 posts
Mk6 corvus armour was introduced at the end of the great crusade, just prior to the Horus Heresy. Several of the marines in 'Battle for the Abyss' are wearing it (the Ultramarines IIRC).

However, the armour was featured more commonly on Horus' side, as he had taken control of the forgeworlds producing the new type of armour. Nothing to stop you using them in the Imperial Fists though (Mertio 23's models are an excellent example of this!)

Vodunius

Vodunius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,948 posts

Mk6 corvus armour was introduced at the end of the great crusade, just prior to the Horus Heresy. Several of the marines in 'Battle for the Abyss' are wearing it (the Ultramarines IIRC).

Unless I'm mistaken Horus Rising/False Gods/Galaxy In Flames concur with the classic armour fluff article from the RT Compilation that it was MkIV that was being introduced at the end of the Heresy, with MkV being introduced almost overnight once the Heresy erupted and MkVI & VII entering production shortly before the Siege of Terra. (At the very least Horus Rising does, as it mentions the Luna Wolves and Emperors Children using MkIV whilst the Blood Angels still had MkIII)
i hate to break it to you chaps, but according to the English Language a Chevron is a V shape, if your 'Chevrons' are not V shaped then they are just hazard stripes NOT Chevrons

Horus killed Sanguinius so hard that his entire chapter feels it forever..

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,780 posts
I am PRETTY sure that the ret-con letting Mk 6 slip into Heresy era was a financial/marketing decision. Which is rather irksome. Either way Mk 6 definitely wasn't PRE-Heresy. Earliest it could be was just preceding the Siege on Terra.

Pacific81

Pacific81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,835 posts
Up until Battle for the Abyss was released I would have agreed with you, but that book retconned when mk6 actually came into use. Even though there is still an element of 'lost in history' about the whole horus heresy, Dan Abnett recently said that any information in the heresy books replaced anything that has been written before (Rt era, HH artbooks or whatever) so I guess as much as anything can be we have to accept that as canon about the heresy.

Sons of Horus

Sons of Horus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
There were quite a few notable descriptions in the HH novel the Flight of the Eisenstein. they have very hard faces in case you're gonna make one without a helmet.

Kill for the living! Kill for the dead!

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,780 posts

Up until Battle for the Abyss was released I would have agreed with you, but that book retconned when mk6 actually came into use. Even though there is still an element of 'lost in history' about the whole horus heresy, Dan Abnett recently said that any information in the heresy books replaced anything that has been written before (Rt era, HH artbooks or whatever) so I guess as much as anything can be we have to accept that as canon about the heresy.

Battle For The Abyss is happening after Istvaan and as Horus is on his way to Terra.

So that is mid Heresy still.

Pacific81

Pacific81

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,835 posts
Lol I think you are quibbling over minutae SamaNagol :D.. the point being that the marines were already armed with mk 6 armour as the heresy broke out (the events of BftA happening immediately after the destruction on Istvaan). You therefore have to assume that the armour was in ciculation prior to this event.

Edited by Pacific81, 05 October 2008 - 08:58 PM.

SamaNagol

SamaNagol

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,780 posts
Ah but not a single mention of Corvus armour AT Istvaan, in any of the books set during this time.

God is in the details :P

Remember the OP said PRE-Heresy.

Edited by SamaNagol, 06 October 2008 - 07:40 AM.