Virginia, USA

GhostLegion

Ive seen it pretty packed for events and weekends. Mostly it is pretty bare, but I think thats more due to location than anything...it is in the middle of nowhere afterall.

Still, the few regulars I have seen there tend to be around between tues and thrus most weeks...good for games/info if youre up that way.

I'm from Springfield, and may consider heading on up though. Of course, since I work a 9-5 job, will be hard during the week due to traffic, but later in the evenings or on the weekends, I'd definitely be up for heading up to the Battle Bunker. I've heard only good things about it, and it's the only place in the continental US where you can actually order Forgeworld stuff (without doing it online...cursed cards!).

Well, if you havent been able to figure it out yet...there are plenty of gamers between Quantico and Baltimore. Even better, most are willing to travel a bit to get a game in...even further if it turns to a good game. NCR is no a bad area for Warhammer of any flavor.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
If any of you close to D.C or Northern VA guy's are looking for a nice place then check out Eagle and Empire games in Alexandria VA located about 4 miles from the GW store in Springfield. If any of you can make it out there send me a PM I'd be happy to get some 40k in and introduce you to the local gamers in our area.

• 1 month later...

Eagle and Empire is a good location now that they moved to an easier access than their old store. The new place feels bigger too, which helps. Also remember for people to south and west, Game Parlor in Woodbridge and Chantilly respectively are good locations. For them, bring your own terrain and the tables are often available (in my experience anyway). There are the GW stores too of course, whether you like them or not, GW Springfield, and Potomac Mills are available for gaming.

Personally, I am amazed at the number of stores in the area with gaming space and decent atmosphere for a couple hours of gaming fun.

• 2 months later...

just moved to area looking for pick up games. Lgs only has a half day scheduled every other week that I can't attend due to work. Will be willing to host games at my home after nov 1st.

If anyone is out there please let me know.

damn man. You had all my hopes up that some one responded to my thread and I might be able to get some gaming in. Then you had to go an burst the bubble! LOL

Guess I'm going into gamer retirement.

• 2 months later...

If you are a local of Richmond, Virginia or at least live close by, you may have heard the news that our local GW store at Stony Point is being shut down as of January 28th. Dammit.

Moving on.

We are trying to get together a gaming group to continue to game, meet, etc. Not sure where, or whatever...but feel free to PM me if you live near by. Thanks.

Hey Brother, a buddy and myself were looking for people to game with down here as well, we are currently doing most of our gaming around Lynchburg VA about an hour away. He and I will both be up in the stony point store on the 18th hanging out for a couple hours.

Im not sure where you are located but more people to game with is always a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

www.stonypointrefugees.com

There's a link to our upcoming gaming club. All locals (and all visitors!) are welcome to come play a game with us. Four tables, no charge, 40k preferably but there are some fantasy and bloodbowl players too...lots of different ages and mixes.

Edited by Narthecium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Saddly there is a lack of shops and groups in the Abingdon/Glade Springs area. If you dont mind the drive there is Dwayne's World in Kingsport, TN. I know several of the players there and they are a good lot. and in the other direction you got Game Quest, played there once, nice people. But as I drive truck for a living I dont get to play much ^_^

Just moved to the Abingdon/Glade spring area of Virginia and was wondering if any 40k players were around or knew of a place to game?

Hey! I used to live in Abingdon! Yeah, there isnt much down there as far as gaming goes.... but I did notice in the back of a recent White Dwarf that they list a store there now. Dont know what its like as I've not been there or if its even still open... White Dwarf lists it as G2K Games down on Main Street. IF you stop by, can you let me know what the store is like? I'm rather curious.

• 1 month later...
Im in the altavista area and am the only person that i know around this area that plays, except when i can bug my roomie to the point that he plays, so if anyone around the area wants to get together and get some games goin im all for it, just PM me