Virginia, USA

GhostLegion

It seems that there are a number of people in Northern VA. In the next month, I will be moving to Portsmouth. I noticed there was a chain of stores in the area (Atlantis), but I've only been able to visit one, where a lot of Yu-gi-oh was being played and not much else. I would be interested in meeting some new people who enjoy our wonderful hobby. I will be watching this thread, but drop a PM if you like.

Thanks,

Matt

• 2 weeks later...
I know there used to be a good group over in VA beach...not sure if it is still active or not though. I would not be suprised to learn there is a group around the NAS, but im not sure how to contact anyone in that area....sorry....

There's a 40k League up in N. VA and Maryland.

http://www.tlsconline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17763

A redshirt told me about it when I was browsing their wares. Window-shopping as always.

I'm thinking about joining it, but right now a lot of my army isn't even assembled properly since I've been busy converting/stripping/repainting a lot of stuff.

Anyone in the area interested?

New to this hobby and have about forty figures, Ultramarines, looking to get some battles under my belt. There is a local store, Carolina Comics that supports GW line and has tables set up with terrain.

spjaco

Edited by spjaco

Hey all, I'm stationed at Oceana in the VA Beach area. I know that the Atlantis games in VA Beach is pretty active. There is always at least 1 game going on during the week and a few people playing on the weekends. I'm hoping to find someone who wants to set up a home game or a regular game. The shop is a bit out of my way (bout 45 mins) but not impossible. Hoping to either join a group of regular gamers to help teach me the game. I haven't played much so if there is anyone who wants to help a newbie out or just set up a regular game then drop me a line.

Hey All,

For the VA beach/norfolk guys your best bet is atlantis in virginia beach. When i use to live there there was always a good group of players there. They do have a forum too to set up games so you dont travel for nothing. http://www.atlantis-comics.com/forum/index.php

Are there any more players in the Roanoke/ Western Va area??? It seem like everyone is either in NoVa or the beach. lol

PM me if your in Roanoke I can host a game at my home.

Sorry Gearhead, I havent heard of him. But I am kinda new to the hobby and still building up my first company. Most of my figures are painted. I also have a Land Raider, Land Speeder, Razorback (Stronos model (THE EARLY ONE), and a Rhino. Plus one lonely Dread. My Chapter is growing though. Hope to have more painted soon.

If your friend ever plays at Carolina Comics then let him know I dont make it every weekend. I have a wife and two small girls at home but I do make it when I can. They are going back East for a wedding for a month and a half so I will most likely be hanging out there on weekends instead of rattling around in the big empty house I will find myself in. Actually not all that big, but with only me, LOL.

SPJACO

At present I have three tactical squads painted and ready at full strength, with one devastor squad at 50% with 5 marines. I have seven terminators complete (not painted), a land raider (not painted), a dreadnought (not painted), a rhino (not painted), a land speeder (not painted), and a Stronos version of the razorback (the early one, not painted).

Also have either the start of four assault squads or one Vanguard Assualt Squad (not painted), a tactical squad at 75% strength (not painted) and a scout squad (not painted).

That is all I have at present. Hoping to get Assault on Black Reach so I will have a Captain soon.

SPJACO

I was born and raised around Culpeper Virginia. No gamers around that area by chance?

Currently in the army, so I dont know where I will be going next, but I bet it wont be back to the house.

spjaco

• 1 month later...

Now that is weird. Orginally I posted the bit about Carolina Comics in the Oklahoma topic, but it moved over here somehow. Oklahoma because that is where the army has currently stationed me. I was checking out this topic because I am from Virginia and was curious as to what the gaming scene was like there.

Sorry about the confusion.

SPJACO

• 2 weeks later...
I've long sinced moved away from Virginia but there's a really good general gaming store that has (or at least had) a whole bunch of 40k stuff and an entire floor of free tables in Newport News (just north of Norfolk) called "World's Best Comics" -- as I recall on Warwick near the shipyard

• 2 weeks later...

World's Best has a decent setup, they're on Warwick, not too far from the James River Bridge. Atlantis, in most locations, have a decent community. VA beach is most active, but if you show up at Portsmouth on Wednesday, you'll probably find a game.

But what do I know, I don't even have any painted models. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I'm in Manassas VA. A friend of mine just got me into the hobby and I'm just wondering if there are any clubs or groups out there located anywhere near. I stop by the GW in Fairfax quite a bit but have not found anyone else to play with. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Most of the stores I know of are closer in to DC, but there is a GW store at Sugarland (Sterling, VA). There is also the Game Parlor in Chantilly (and another near Potomac Mills). I know the Iron Fists League frequents Game Parlor, and they are a pretty good bunch if you're looking for games. Alternatively, if you're up for hauling yourself into Springfield, the GW there is larger than the Fair Oaks one and tends to have a pretty good number of games going most afternoon/evenings. I dont really know anything in your immediate area to suggest.... Edited by GhostLegion

A guy call smurfalypse (sp) on these boards (chaos undivided mostly) lives in Manassas. I thought he played at a LGS in Manassas. But maybe it is the game parlor in Chantilly he goes to. that's not too far from Manassas though.

EDIT: his name is spelled Smurfalypse. Just click the "Memebrs" box up at top of B&C main page and it will allow you to pull up his profile and send him a PM, he's a nice guy and will hook you up.

Edited by chillin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...