Virginia, USA

GhostLegion

I live in Stafford, game vaults a nice play even though I don't game all that much anymore, I highly recommend it

I agree...it's a good place to play and chat with the other gamers to get tips and stuff.

After I get my Black Reach and Battleforce Ultramarines put together and painted, I'll probably making a trip to GV at least once a week, although at this time, I probably can only field just over 1000 pts, if I'm lucky.

By the way, the Hobby Etc. store in Warrenton I'm sorry to say is a joke...only open from 11 am to 5 or 6 and it appears their 40k line isn't that selective...large area for tons of tables, but none found...I didn't go on their 40k night/day, but from what I saw...I'd only go their for scenery supplies...

No worries Arionel. Since GV is about the first place I've found that look inviting and isn't an hour+ drive for me, I'll be down there once or twice a week. Now the catch is I've barely played in 5th edition, so despite the number of models I can throw on the table, I'm still learning the game. So if you want to get in smaller games like 500-750 I'm game.

• 1 month later...
For anyone in Northern Virginia, Games Workshop Fair Oaks is celebrating their 2nd year birthday tomorrow (Saturday, April 9th)! They are gonna have some cool games, and the usual birthday swag. I was in today, and I saw some of it, and it looks new to me, not the same old stuff. I am excited to be going! Anyone who wants to have some fun should stop by!

• 3 months later...

I have done more painting than playing lately but Games workshop in fair Oaks is where I go alot. Also there is a place called hobby works in Fairfax that has started to do 40k. I too am trying to find some more people to get together with and play outside of GW. Almost done with my terrain too!

Coot

• 6 months later...
Very flexible ... weekends or week day nights. Though Woodbridge to Herndon on week night might be too much. Time wise I would think 2-3 hours depending on what is going on. I was hoping to fall into a group that is established, but seems to be none that I can find.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Me and and a few of my friends are thinking of starting a 40k group in Northern VA. Right now there's three of us that play together. We range from Woodbridge to Tysons corner. Were all adults above the age of 21. We have real lives and jobs. Were looking to gather more people into our group of players that just like to have a few beers relax and roll some dice. We also participate in some of the local tournaments so we do a lot of friendly and competive play. Anyone interested just hit me up.

I'm all about a few beers and a friendly game. will be hitting you up soon heretic . Real busy now , it will be after memorial day when i get back from beach ! tty soon

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey all. I live in Stafford (North of Fredericksburg, south of Quantico if you don't know where that is) and I've got a bit of a craving to run some 40k roleplay. Is anyone interested in putting together a DeathWatch group? If so, lets not clutter up the board here with discussion, toss me a PM.

• 1 month later...

so a bit of a plug for a campaign i'm running and also a few questions. I'll just copy and paste what i put in the chaos forum.

"So I'm going to be running an escalation campaign with some friends starting mid November-ish. I'm trying to make it set on an imperial hiveworld that has come under attack by chaos. I want to send out a weekly/biweekly newsletter with "orders" for each side and as a sort of progress report for how the defense/attack is going. The first problem i ran into is that i can't seem to find the write form to make these newsletter in. The papers that come with a titan that are supposed to be an imperial authorization allowing your army to field said titan would be perfect. Does anyone know of, or have, a blank one of these?

Also i have yet to look very hard for cool missions, but does anyone know some that would go good with a campaign like this? so far we have 2.5 chaos players (one guy will only be able to make it to a very few events) 2 loyalist marine players and an eldar player. With the possibility of two more players of unknown armies (friends of a friend who i have yet to hear from). So that is pretty much the army breakdown.

Finally if anyone is in the Norfolk, VA area and wants to join up PM me! I will also be posting this in a few other locations to get wider input/participation maybe."

• 3 months later...

hey all, 2 points I would like to bring up in regards to GameVault in Fredericksburg:

1) They are running a special till the end of the month. Check out their site for details.

2) I'm considering running a map based 40k campaign down there. Who is interested in being kept appraised of this as it develops?

• 4 weeks later...

For those of you who might be interested. We run a 40K game night every other Friday in Northern VA. We usually split time between Lorton and Fairfax depending on every ones schedule. We are all adults and we play light hearted and friendly games of 40K. Some beers some laughs and some dice that's it. No power gamers please. We are currently involved in a 4ok campaign now and will be putting together a 30k campaign this summer. if you are interested in either format just drop me a PM and we can communicate via email.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh MAN!!! 

30k is something I'd love to bite into!!! 

where do you gys meet?? I'm just starting my 30 k army, but I'd love to see whats what !

We meet in either Fairfax or Lorton depending on what night it is.  Send me a pm and I can give you more details.