Connecticut, USA

CecilMurdock

I'm trying to start up a gamer network in southern connecticut, so I am posting on major forums to try and find nearby players. I have created a facebook group and a livejournal community as well

Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=71003462527&ref=nf

LJ Comm:

http://community.livejournal.com/ctshore40k/

I'm one person so if I don't reply immediately please be patient with me ^^;

I play Space Marines of course! lolz. a DIY chapter called the Eradicators. I've posted a few smattering of pics here and there about them. I really need help developing the fluff behind them though. One of these days after i get a few more games in I can start it. What I'm doing is using the games i play as a sort of history for them. Figure it makes it more realistic. hehe.

edit: just threw up a few pics to my album. very lagre pictures that i jsut now realized show an incredible amount of screw ups. lolz.

Edited by Jodah

Lol yes I gathered Space Marines, but they come in all flavors, especially nowadays. I play Dark Angels, Crimson Fists, and also Tau. By and far I have the most Dark Angels. I've been playing them for 8 years and have enough for Apocalypse. Hopefully we'll get the chance to play sometime in the near future!

yeah, i started as DA, then i switched during 4th edition to my DIY chapter. I'll still be using the current color scheme, but i'm not too sure how im going to rework what i have so far to be playable. I get to rearm my assault squads too. fn.

• 5 months later...
This might seem like an odd question, and definitely down the line. I was just curious how the 40k scene is in Connecticut. My wife is wanting to move there in a few years and I want to make sure I can still bring my Deathwatch out to purge.. err.. play :P

Wish I knew that there were so many in players in Conn.....Sarge's Comics in New London, Ct has a full basement to play in,free of charge, and people gather wednesdays after like 12pm and on Saturdays to get some games in. Only problem with that is that I play Tau and get crapped on anytime I went to play, which really really got me annoyed :/, But I live in WA now, which has a Battle Bunker nearby, which is Sweeeeet! But I would have loved to play with you guys if I knew there were more players about, defiantly ones from this forum ;)

What do you mean crapped on? Like stomped in game, or just bad sportsmenship?

i'm mainly looking for a good area with reasonable rent, near a hospital (since I've been working in one for 9 years now, and all my worthwhile experience is here... easier to get a job in another).

What do you mean crapped on? Like stomped in game, or just bad sportsmenship?

i'm mainly looking for a good area with reasonable rent, near a hospital (since I've been working in one for 9 years now, and all my worthwhile experience is here... easier to get a job in another).

Like sissy tau....can't win without those big guns....just made it really unenjoyable, like I can deal with it once in a while in like a joking manner, but they did it to a hurting manner, but it may have just been because the guy who works there plays tau ALOT...new london has a hospital (l and M) as well as backus in some close near community. I like a few players, there is a guy with a massive demon army, which is nice to have some variety

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Guys - I am in CT too... Trumbull / Monroe Area. We have Cave Comics in Newtown (which has an alcove with one table) and Clockwork in Orange (Which has two standing tables, and the ability to convert comic shelves into about two or three more). Mostly we just play at home though.

I will check out the new Time Machine in Stratford and let you all know what I think.

BTW - I play Dark Angels and my son Imperrial Guard - we each have enough for Apocalypse battles. we also have Tau, Tyranid and a little bit of Orks.

Did this ever take off?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

If there are any players in the Stratford, CT region I am just informing you that there is a new place to play called Gaming etc. located at 555 Lordship Blvd. While they are just getting started we have quite a few people already but we are always looking for more to play. We generally play at 12 or 1 o'clock P.M. every Sunday, and starting next month there will be tournaments every third Sunday of the month. I hope that people in the area will come and play and while this may be the wrong forum we could really use more variety in the armies as the majority of players play some form of marines.

Thanks for reading,

-DTReaper