Connecticut, USA

CecilMurdock

I just moved from Michigan to Norwalk (working in Stamford) and am looking for a decent place to game/hang out and bs about gaming. Any suggestions for some place close?

I play 40k, and am interested in playing necro, epic, inquisitor and Malifaux

Depends on how close. The most reliable places to play near you are in White Plains, NY. The Battle for Salvation Gaming Club plays every monday night, and Comic Book Heaven in the White plains mall hosts games on Friday evenings and Sundays. It is an active community of players so finding a game should not be that hard.

Good to hear that Gaming ETC is starting to host games. I live in Stratford and had stopped by before and it seemed to be mostly magic and Yu Gi Oh with not warhammer. I would love to come down and play on sundays. I play Dark angels, Wolves, Necrons, and Tyranids. My wife plays orks, and I have friends that play Tau, Dark Eldar, Eldar, Chaos Marines, Blood angels, Space marines, and more orks. It would be great to get a thriving community going in town.

• 2 weeks later...
"A Timeless Journey" Comic Shop in Stamford is starting gaming up on Sundays, starting this sunday. I'll be there with my Marines most likely. Smallish store, nice owner, looks like he'll be able to get between 2 and 4 tables going.

Hey just wanted to let everyone know that at the Time Machine Manchester that we play on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. There is much other gaming on the other nights but the mentioned days are the best for Games Workshop. Any questions drop it in this thread or shoot me a pm!

Evilbeetles

• 9 months later...

A little thread necromancy here... I'm in Ledyard/Groton CT. I know of Sarges Comics in downtown New London. With all the crap of the economy I'm wondering how other stores out here in CT are fairing? Also, what other stores might be close to me? I've been really annoyed with my LGS due to inability to keep 40k items in-stock so I'm looking for other stuff that are close and can keep stuff stocked.

I'm currently finishing the build of a full battle company of Crimson Fists. Just have a few more things to pick up to flesh it out. I've also got Guard and Nids but am looking to sell them off in an effort to continue expanding my Fists... as well as put some money aside for an engagement ring... Hope to hear from some fellow South Eastern CT guys/gals.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hey everyone,

Just letting you know that we are still around and kicking in southern CT. Our store now carries a wide selection of warhammer 40k and warmahcine items with 10% off games workshop product and 25% off privateer press products that are currently in stock. If we don't have an item you are looking for we will special order it for you and it will arrive in 1-2 weeks. We are also proud to announce that we now carry battlefoam at 10% off and can special order any battlefoam products you may be interested in.

Our gaming area is very large and can easily hold 10+ tables, we also have terrain that you can use all free of charge. Our open gaming night is saturday starting at 5PM.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7041/6810935432_82105cda3d.jpg

Warhammer 40k _0094_1 by Gamingetc

Our current plans are to hold a 40k tournament on the 25th of this month for more information please visit us here

http://gamingetc.com/Content/Tournament_Ce...nt_3_25_12.html

Also join our group on facebook "Gaming ETC Miniature Wargaming Group" to set up games, display your latest painting and building products, or just chat about upcoming releases.

I hope to see you all there,

-Gamingetc

• 1 month later...

Just to let people know I'll be running a tournament at Connecticon at the hartford convention center July 14-15th

Connecticon Open 1750 points

5 Rounds

All models Must be painted to a 3 color minimum, and must be what you see is what you get (wysiwyg) compliant.

All games will be played using the 5th edition 40k rule set and the Games Workshop FAQs.

Missions will be using the NOVA format. ( For examples please see the Mission Primer located here http://www.novaopen.com/?page_id=906)

Check in Starts at 12:30 on Saturday with first Dice at 2:00.

Rounds will last 2 hours.

Awards will be given for Best Overall (Combined Painting, Sports and Generalship) Best General, Best Sportsman, Best Painted.

Schedule

Saturday

Check In: 12:30

Edited by breng77

• 1 month later...
Jake here from Hartland, CT. I'm thinking of making a return to WH40K since I've heard nothing but good about 6th edition and I'm itching to start my Space Marines back up. If anyone wants to meet me at Manchester's The Battle Standard I'd really like to meet some people and try to avoid the awkward greeting you get with people you've never spoken with before.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

What is Battle Cry Painting Competition?

BCPC is New England’s entry into the large scale painting competition format. It is hosted annually by The Battle Standard Tabletop Game & Hobby of Manchester, CT. It is an opportunity for hobbyists of all miniature gaming genres to compete amicably in a show of talent and ability. Competitors register to submit their own creation(s) to be judged against the talent of their peers. Winners are awarded the official Battle Cry trophy in brilliant gold, securing their place in BCPC history as a testament to their painting skills and recognition as an exceptional artist in the arena of miniature painting. 2nd place and 3rd place Runners-up also receive recognition by way of a decorative plaque that can be proudly displayed to document their effort to be the best. The annual event will bring in artists from all over the Northeast (possibly further) interested in taking home the trophy. Take the opportunity to display your best piece of work, compete with your peers and enjoy the many creations presented. Welcome to Battle Cry!

Date: Saturday April 6th 2013

Cost:

$5 per category entered
All competitors receive a $5 off ($25 or more purchase) coupon for their initial entry

Time / Schedule:

All models must be at the store no later than 1pm
Viewing of models: 2-4pm
Judging: 4-5pm
Awards: 5pm

Rules:

Submissions must be entered before 1PM on competition day
Submissions must be the work of the presenter
Competitors may only enter one submission per category
Battle Cry judges determine the category that best fits your entry (should the immediate guidelines not dictate clearly)
You must be present to collect your awards (runner-up will collect in your absence)

Prizes:

1st place in each category will receive a gold trophy of The Battle Standard’s official mascot “Wallace” in the themed Battle Cry pose. This unique resin trophy was sculpted for Battle Cry by Latvian sculptor Oskars Pantajeves and recast in a limited number specificly for the competition by Ron Lee Casting of Burbank California.
2nd and 3rd place will receive a plaque mounted version of the “Wallace” Kettle Hat in the color representing their place, silver or bronze.
All placing participants will receive gift cards to the store.

Categories.

SciFi
(Which includes but is not limited to 28mm Warhammer 40000, MERCs, Infinity, Dark Age, etc)

Single Model

Squad (3+ models)

Vehicle/Monsterous Creature

Fantasy
(Which includes but is not limited to 28mm Warhammer Fantasy, Privateer Press, Malifaux, etc)

Single Model

Regiment (3+ Models)

Large War Machine/Monster

Small Scale
(Which includes but is not limited to Flames of War, Dystopian Wars, Battlefleet Gothic, Various small scale historical, etc)

Single Model

Squad (3+ models)

Link To event if you would like to see the Trophy. http://www.thebattlestandard.com/battlecry

Automatically Appended Next Post:
Feel free to comment on the post and trophy. This is our first go at this competition and as much feedback as we can get would be great!

The hand in the air will be holding a useable paintbrush as well something high quality.

• 8 months later...

Hello! I am a college student living in DC who is in the process of composing my senior thesis, which is on women in gaming culture.  If you are a woman who is involved with wargaming (or know of someone who is) and you are interested in talking to me, please message me and I can give you more project details!  I realize this is a strange request to post on this forum, but I would be grateful for any help I can get!

Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Greetings,

Fellow folks from CT trying to get a gaming community going in our Fair City of New Haven I cant imagine for the life of me why there is not one to begin with !  If anyone in the New Haven is looking to get a game night going please P.M me.  I have all the necessary components to run games currently, A table, 7th ed rules, tape measurers, dice, templates.  Just looking for some opponent's.       

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

If you're willing to take a bit of a hike the battlestandard in East Windsor is a great store, 10+ tables, tons of terrain and a fair amount of 40k players. There's also the time machine in Manchester which also has a pretty solid amount of players/tables. Also second gambers gambit being a good store, I haven't been over there in awhile but I used to get games in there very often. 

• 2 years later...

I haven't played 40k on a physical tabletop in a while, but there is a LGS by me in Norwalk, CT called Battlegrounds Gaming. The store caters to a variety of systems, namely MTG and boardgames, but I know there's a contingent of 40k players and stock.

There is also an official Warhammer Store in downtown Stamford that I visit every so often.