Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In the Name of our Father A Flesh Tearer Blog

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
45 replies to this topic

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Okay so I have a page in my home Forum for this but I may as well have one here too.

well I have always been more for photos than words so here goes

The start of the journey
Posted Image

Primed and ready (well mostly)
Posted Image

The cabin
Posted Image

Could not be bothered with waiting for my LGS to get in a Crusader sprue so I made my own TLAC for it
Posted Image

The first coat
Posted Image

and it in its current form
Posted Image

Still working on the doors and tracks ect but will update each thing when it gets done C&C welcomed Brothers

--WhiteFireInferno

Edited by Whitefireinferno, 05 May 2010 - 06:17 AM.

They still fear me. Even outnumbered and armed only with a shattered axe, they still fear me. I can smell it in their sweat, hear it in their voices, and see it it their wide eyes that reflect the flames.--Part of the Best story from Black Library

My Flesh Tearer BAPC BLOG BA forum
My Flesh Tearer BLOG/other in WIP board

Crazy Eight

Crazy Eight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,136 posts
What mix are you using for youre red its really nice if you dont mind me asking

Boomsly

Boomsly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts
looking at the paints in the background im guessing mechrite red and blood red

Edemia

Edemia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
Loving that shade of red! Will be looking forward to seeing more :)

Edemia

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Cheers Brothers

But to answer the question its Mechrite Red with 2 thinned layers or Red Gore and a heavy Baal red wash its alot darker IRL so I will see if I can get a better photo
They still fear me. Even outnumbered and armed only with a shattered axe, they still fear me. I can smell it in their sweat, hear it in their voices, and see it it their wide eyes that reflect the flames.--Part of the Best story from Black Library

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts
I'm not an expert at all when it comes to Flesh Tearers, but isn't the red supposed to be darker? Apart from that, it looks nice :)

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
No Brother you are correct but my camera is bung it really is alot darker than the photos make it look since it is painted with Red Gore with alot of Baal red but whenever I take a Photo it looks like the Flesh Tearers pretty cousins the BA'sit really is kinda annoying because it does look all dark and evil :)

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts
Aha, ok. No worries ;) just thought that I should point it out. ;)

gallery_45765_15430_13020.pnggallery_45765_15430_13241.pnggallery_45765_15430_20687.pnggallery_45765_15430_11578.pnggallery_45765_15430_1287.pnggallery_45765_15430_34763.pnggallery_45765_15430_18580.pnggallery_45765_15430_18989.png

High Marshal Sigfeird

High Marshal Sigfeird

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 390 posts
Ah i also like the red you got their brother very deep indeed, perfect shade infact! i'll be keeping my eye on this one :)

Eschelund

Eschelund

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 48 posts
From a painting blog from one of my freinds to give you some inspiration if you want it My freinds blog

Edited by Eschelund, 28 March 2010 - 11:53 AM.

Boomsly

Boomsly

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 306 posts

From a painting blog from one of my freinds to give you some inspiration if you want it My freinds blog

they look very nice just what i was looking for thanks!

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Okay so a small upday the first Cupola is almost finished all that needs doing are the shoulderpads and some final highlights and weathering and such that will get done when more of it has been done.

/\/\/\WARNING THIS PHOTO'S QUALITY IS NOT THE GREATEST\/\/\/\/
Posted Image

But yeah C&C guys

--WhiteFireInferno

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts
I'm sorry to say this, but if you wanted to paint that marine in the AdMech colours, that red isn't (IMO) the right one...otherwise, it looks great! (though being a bit shiny)

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Heh yeah it was the flash that made it shiny ;) silly me for attempting to take photos at night with crappy lights in my room. But no its not Admech colours im going for There FLESH TEARERS and in my chapter everybody is trained to do everything since we number around 400 (well 4 companys) and this is slightly darker than the rest of my army Seth and his HG are going to be painted slightly darker than everyone else :rolleyes: but yeah it will look better once a few more marines are done.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts
Ok, that's fine :lol:
Can't wait to see more!!! :(

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts
This is just an off hand comment and I am aware of the rule of cool and all, but when I see a marine waving his chain sword in front of the twin linked assault cannons.. I dunno he kinda looks in the way.

But I guess if you are happy with him being there you can always blame any 1s and 2s on him messing up the shot.

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,686 posts

This is just an off hand comment and I am aware of the rule of cool and all, but when I see a marine waving his chain sword in front of the twin linked assault cannons.. I dunno he kinda looks in the way.

But I guess if you are happy with him being there you can always blame any 1s and 2s on him messing up the shot.

:(

-Brother Sargent Tiberius-

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts

Okay so a small upday the first Cupola is almost finished all that needs doing are the shoulderpads and some final highlights and weathering and such that will get done when more of it has been done.

Posted Image

But yeah C&C guys

--WhiteFireInferno

Is that the crimson omen from Gears of War on his chest?

Edited by -Brother Sargent Tiberius-, 29 March 2010 - 07:53 PM.

"This is the day we take the battle to the heart of the enemy!
This is the day that we correct the course of human history!
This is the day we ensure our survival as a species!
Soldiers of the COG, my fellow Gears, go forth and bring back the hope of humanity!”

-Chairman Prescott

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

General Ravensong

General Ravensong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 236 posts
Not quite, thats the symbol for adeptus mechanicus (sp). But yea, iirc GoW was inspired by 40k.

QUOTE (Circus Nurgling)

I'm not sure exactly what they are, but they accept glue and paint it seems.

AdeptusDavidus

AdeptusDavidus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 710 posts

Posted Image

But yeah C&C guys

--WhiteFireInferno

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!
[TSHU]Haterade on Steam
The plural of "codex" is "codices".

Paladin7221

Paladin7221

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,050 posts

Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

Dammit, someone beat me to it! B)

"I once met one of our cousins in more peaceful times, a noble captain of the Ultramarines. He branded me a cur and a soul-less butcher without even the merest shred of honour. I laughed full in his face and asked why that surprised him."

we_badge_paladin7221.png

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
As for the driver getting in the way Im busy painting the other driver guy in another cupola, since they are not going to be glued in so he isnt always weilding his chainsword and Yes I KINDA was inspired by the commisar pic with the caption "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!".

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts

Not quite, thats the symbol for adeptus mechanicus (sp). But yea, iirc GoW was inspired by 40k.

Yea i would've guessed mechanicus first, but it looks kind of like it has more of a gears effect than of the traditional mechanicus, which in my opinion usually looks more neat and, um... metally/metallic? I like this one he made better though.

I love how he's just sitting on the top with a chainsword.

Edited by -Brother Sargent Tiberius-, 30 March 2010 - 02:48 AM.

"This is the day we take the battle to the heart of the enemy!
This is the day that we correct the course of human history!
This is the day we ensure our survival as a species!
Soldiers of the COG, my fellow Gears, go forth and bring back the hope of humanity!”

-Chairman Prescott

92% of knights have moved on to saying "ecky ecky ecky pi’tang zoop boing" . If you're part of the 8% who still say "Ni" copy and paste this into your signature!

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Okay As I promised another update

Did the tracks and the bullbars and painted the inside of the headlights oh and tried my hand at some line highlighting which is somewhat pointless since its going to get battle damage and scratched paint up the Wazoo soonish.

These photos are probly the best ones so far *made me a quick light box out of the razorback box a tisue and some masking tape lol :cuss

Posted Image
Front veiw
Posted Image
Semi front veiw
How ever I still need to make some fancy*lol fancy on a FT thing* Chapter logos and such on the doors finish the other cupola and yeah alot more work to go

Whitefireinferno

Whitefireinferno

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,520 posts
Okay so here are a couple of things ive managed to get dirt cheap for my Flesh Tearer army
Posted Image
both dreds
Posted Image
Dred #1 *still being stripped*
Posted Image
Dred #2 *also still being stripped*
Posted Image
And a second razorback this time with HeavyBolters and in dire need of paint removal

But yeah both the dreds are going to become Death Company dreds with Blood Talons which I will be making one they are fully striped of paint these 3 things cost me a AOBR dred 2 beakie helms and $25 NZD both the dreds had around 4 different coats of paint one the faceplate was that full of paint it was almost flat :pinch: and one after getting a layer of paint off I found out he had a name so he is going to keep his old name "Adeon".