Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Call of Chaos MKIV

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
286 replies to this topic

RazakelXIII

RazakelXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 468 posts
July Update 2

And at the end of it, I'm pretty much just not done yet. I came close to finishing both squads and the Chaos Lord, but there are still a lot of little things to add and I'm just out of time. I hate to say it, but ultimately I've failed my Call.

I did manage to snag some decent pics of the Scorpion a while ago, pics here.

There's some great stuff in this thread, congrats to everyone who finished, and as has been said, all praises to Brother Nihm for setting this up again.
QUOTE (The Dunwich Horror)
"They walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen... in lonely places where the Words have been spoken and the Rites howled through at their Seasons. The wind gibbers with Their voices, and the earth mutters with Their consciousness... As a foulness shall ye know Them. Their hand is at your throats, yet ye see Them not; and Their habitation is even one with your guarded threshold."

Word Bearers XIII Host army blog
Come hold the withered hand of evil...

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts
If some of you are really close to completion, now would probably be a good time to tell you that as usual we allow for a 24 hour 'grace period' to let everyone on the planet submit within the time frame given.
Make of that what you will.. :P
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

smelly_squig

smelly_squig

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 426 posts
this month has been too busy for me so an extra day wont be enough to finish in time

i havnt done much work on mine since my last update
even if the voices aren't real
they have some pretty good ideas!

medusa_ritchie

medusa_ritchie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 258 posts
July Update 2 ! :whistlingW:

And just in time. So here are pics of my sorceror and oblits.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well done to everyone thats finished and for producing some inspiring stuff! And to Brother Nihm for organising it again! :)

Medusa

Plague Dave

Plague Dave

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 319 posts
Woo! I made it!

July Update #3: The Final Update

I've painted the last of my re-painted Plague Marine squad. Now they look good, and match my recently painted FW squad in scheme.

Here's the whole bunch!

Posted Image

I was glad to participate in the Call. Hope another one comes around eventually. It was great motivation.

Thanks Brother Nihm.
~ Plague Dave

Call of Chaos MKIV

Skidion

Skidion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
July Update 2
I know this doesn't count as an update yet, because of the abscence of a picture, but I felt like I should at least acknowledge my failure. I'll edit one in tomorrow if I can manage to get a good one.
I've been busier than expected, and also lazy in the painting area, so I've failed quite dramatically: completing only 1 of my 3 units, which I'll edit in later.

I am shamed before the gods of chaos

Brother RedAxe

Brother RedAxe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
July Update 2 Finished finally. One heck of a rush to finish this. After i got to Defiler and pintle gunner done i realized i completly forgot to paint the rivits on the pred, but her they are in all the chaos glory.

URL=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=52585]Posted Image[/URL]

Brother RedAxe

Brother RedAxe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
July Update 2 Finished finally. One heck of a rush to finish this. After i got to Defiler and pintle gunner done i realized i completly forgot to paint the rivits on the pred, but her they are in all the chaos glory.

URL=http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=52585]Posted Image[/URL]

More pics are being posted the my WIP page

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts
And so it ends.

Final conclusion for the CoC Mk IV : link
The project gallery thread: link

Additional Info:

To any participant that completed any units they vowed (COMPLETED units, please do not send in links of WIP work as they will be rejected), please send a PM to Brother Nihm with the relevant links to your images. I would recommend to those that completed their vows, to also send in a group shot of all your completed units (however this is not a requirement, but hey, given all the work you guys have put in, why not show off just a little bit).

Edited by Brother Nihm, 02 August 2010 - 12:51 PM.

Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Seregon

Seregon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 138 posts
If I'm too late, then I'm too late. If not, vow complete.

I set out to do two squads of 5 marines for my count-as BA Night Lords unless I managed to do more. I ended up with one 5-man honour guard and one 7-man assault squad as well as half of a dreadnought, so over all I'm happy.

Many thanks for the event Nihm!

Final pics (will redo them for the posing shot since they didn't turn out too good):

Honour Guard
Posted Image

Assault Squad
Posted Image

VIII Legion, XII Company; Pavor Nocturnus - Blog: Twelfth of Eight

Kythnos

Kythnos

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 955 posts
I'll do a group shot during the week and send you the picture then, Nihm :lol:

sword brethren