Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The forge awakes... CoC MkIV thread for my Iron Warriors ::

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Goldo_Funk

Goldo_Funk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Hi brothers,

It's been a long time since I didn't take a look to the forums, but I feel that the false gods called me to visit and find the new CoC challenge. And it was a good thing since I have a few Chaos marines waiting in my bitz box.
The idea came some time ago when I was reading Sotrm of Iron. As I am very easily influenced when speaking about Power Armours, and that I felt like I wanted to play again CSM minis, I started a small list of Iron Warriors, as described in the book.

What will be painted in the thread ?

A chaos lord

His chosen marines retinue squad

A 10+ CSM squad

A 8 man Berserkers squad and their rhino

See you on Apr 30th !

Edited by Goldo_Funk, 30 April 2010 - 10:14 PM.

Goldo_Funk

Goldo_Funk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
First Update !

My test marine, painted it this afternoon as it was raining. I'm pretty happy of the result, I think I will take time to paint them all that way. Even if the "under work" stripes are a plea, that add some interesting details to the minis. Let me know what are your feelings !

[URL=http://img97.imageshack.us/i/marineaveclanceflammes5.jpg/]Posted Image

Hellios

Hellios

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,166 posts
I'm liking the look so far my one comment and this is just personal opinion and it might be just the way the photo is but the stripes look very vertical and I think personally they would look better in the diagonal.

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
i love how you have done the stripes very detailed and precise. i hope you keep this up.

good luck fellow warsmith :unsure:
Iron Warriors 11th Siege Company- http://www.bolterand...howtopic=236656

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts
Nice stripes Goldo, and very interesting combination of techniques, the contrast with the metallic blue is great :unsure:
gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

Goldo_Funk

Goldo_Funk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Thanks you all,

Metallic blue is due to the picture, but that's a great idea ! I will try to add a blue lavish and see the result.

Warsmith Morenze

Warsmith Morenze

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 62 posts
Liking the use of hazard lines, personally. I only wish I could do mine that neat!
"Iron within, Iron Without!"

Goldo_Funk

Goldo_Funk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Hi brothers.

Some news 10 days or so after. Bob, my test marine, is now done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

On the backpack I tried the blue lavish. I'm not fond of it, I find it looks like my grey knights too much. On the body, I've tried a black lavish. It adds some dirt and I find it suit better to an Iron Warrior flammerboy.

Next minis will be my berzerks test marines. Two differents styles. Updates later tonight.

G.

sword brethren

sword brethren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,999 posts
looking great, only problem is that the hazard stripes may look odd on the flamer once scortch marks are added.

keep it up ;)
Iron Warriors 11th Siege Company- http://www.bolterand...howtopic=236656

Goldo_Funk

Goldo_Funk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 153 posts
Hi damned brothers,

one month have passed and I'm still keeping on painting and modelling my little IW ost.
So far, I decided to first catch my berserker squad and then the IW squad. They are almost all assembled, and I've started painting some.

Here they are :

Berserker boss
Berserkers 1
Berserkers 2
Iron Squad 1
Iron squad 2

Not fantastic picture but I do not get time enough tonight to make them better. I will have this done before the end of the week I hope.

G.