Blood Angels Land Raider Redeemer

Kunanaki

Hi yall. I've never used a Redeemer particularly, so I had some specific questions about it, and how it interacts with Blood Angels units.

1. The Blood Angels Librarian, if he's inside of the vehicle, and casts Shield of Sanguinius, does the 6 inches stretch out from the middle of the Landraider, or from any edge of it?

2. Locator beacons. If I drop pod one in, then send in my Land Raider, will it not scatter? What I'm asking is, how long does the Locator beacon have to be on the table for me to utilize it? A Turn, or as soon as it lands?

3. Barrels of the Flamestorm Cannon. Can I extend them and they still be What you see is what you get? What I mean is, say I extend the barrels of the Flamestorm cannons of the redeemer so that they are able to be used in the front. Is this tournament legal as I'm using GW products, or is it not allowed? I was thinking about a few inches, just so that I can attack that which is in front of my Tank.

4. What has been your experiences with using a Redeemer? I've always used Crusaders, but I'm insanely curious about how it seems to be a very brutal objective holder / clearer, and a giant threat in which my enemies must not ignore.

1. It extends from the edges of the redeemer. (I can't quote the page, but its in the main rulebook to use the hull of the vehicle)

2. A locator beacon can not be used the same turn it drops in. It has to be on the table on a previous turn to be usable.

4. I've never used a redeemer but have been hurt badly by them in the past.

The Redeemer can be a great vehicle for the BA. Providing a center point for your attack;

1. As the centre point it will attrack a afir bit of fire. The librarian will certainly help this with Shield. The power is then measured from the Landraider's hull. It will now provide a ton a cover for other units and indeed provide cover for any unit behind it.

2. For the Locator beacon to work and cause the Landraider not to scatter it will have to be on the board at the start of the turn the Riader arrives. That means that it must arrive the turn before the raider attempts to deepstrike. Personally I do not like to DS raiders as it means that they will come in at best turn 2 and it means that the occupants can assault at best turn 3.

3. Extending the barrels the Redeemer is not going to be poopular in Tournies. The barrels can be moved onto the front doors but putting in longer barrels, moving them to new parts of the tank to increase coverage will be more than frown upon and quite possible end with that model being declared illegal. Anyway I have found that one flamestrom barrel is enough to deter and cealn out many an opponent.

3. Barrels of the Flamestorm Cannon. Can I extend them and they still be What you see is what you get? What I mean is, say I extend the barrels of the Flamestorm cannons of the redeemer so that they are able to be used in the front. Is this tournament legal as I'm using GW products, or is it not allowed? I was thinking about a few inches, just so that I can attack that which is in front of my Tank.

Generally, this would be considered cheating. GW intended the flamestorms to be located and as long as they designed them on the tank. Modeling yours so you can get an extra 2-3 inches, as well as crossing the templates in front of the tank most I'm sure would agree as being unfair and wrong. Thats pretty OP, and I wouldn't let it fly, I'm pretty sure a tourny judge would not let you use it if it got brought up either. Its not in the spirit of the game, especially since it gives you range and abilities a person who built their LR as GW intended wouldn't have. How would you like to see an ork player using the old codex brink a looted vindicator with a 1-2 foot barrel? A 36-48" demolisher cannon shot sounds fun don't it?

1. Check the BRB FAQ and Embarking p 66.

2. Read the rule... it says it plain as day.

3. Technically... yes. Will you be looked at as a cheesey git? Yes. I wouldn't suggest it as it'll make you look like an uber douche... something along the lines of an all crouching Wraithlord collection. I would suggest that you just mount them on the front set of doors instead of the rear.

4. It's pretty good. Just as good as a crusader, IMO. It doesn't do much until it gets into range to flame, but there are some great tricks, like tank shocking and forcing a unit to the side and using PotMS to fire the cannon on that unit. Ups... a pair of AP3 flamers, downs, you have to be in somebody's face which means you face the threat of TH and PF's.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm building one for my army right now using the Mk.IIB sponsons from FW. PotMS plus a pair of S6/AP3 templates is too cool to resist. I don't think it will extend the barrels and the loss of arc should compensate.

Here's a question for those who have already used them...

Is the pintle Multi-melta a must or just nice to have? I know it's only 10 points, but those can be the difference between a Power Axe and a Power Fist on a Sergeant.

For flexibility, its damn useful to have on a tank with mostly anti-infantry weapons. someone runs up to you with a dreadnought or something, you've got to get lucky with an AC or a flamestorm, while the MM should (assuming it hits) do something nasty to the dread.

In my opinion, I would rather have it and not need it as opposed to not have it and need it.

I plan on loading mine with DC, if the MM can pop a tank thats in its path and would be ragebait for the DC I figure thats worth the 10 points.

And it looks cool

against space wolves it single handedly in one round of shooting killed stormcaller njorn(i think thats his name) and a full squad of tacticals with him that dropped in. he took the melta save on stormcaller and died of id and the other squad was turned to ash. an amazin tank

Sorry if I'm resurrecting an old post but I thought it was important.

In answer to question 3 the answer would be NO. It is a common mistake that people usually measures from the mouth of any weapon. No matter how much you extend your cannons as you do not measure from the end of the weapon but from the point the weapon is mounted on and along the axis of the barrels (sorry if it is not explained so well, but I think you get the idea).

I can be mistaken but it is mentioned this way on page 58 of the rulebook (I'm just traslating from my spanish rulebook).

It may just be the translation.

You ignore the guns when measuring to the tank but the ranges are measured from the muzzle of the firing weapon and line of sight is determine from the weapons mounting along the barrel

Archived