Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Blood Duel: Championship Battle

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
40 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
As Agemo the Sundered knelt on the deck of the Warsmith's battle barge, watching the corrupted techpriests repairing the rents in the great silver and gold armour, he muttered a brief prayer of thanks to Tzeentch that the Warsmith had seen fit to keep him alive for one last task.

“Is it prepared?” asked the Warsmith, without turning from the viewscreen. It displayed an image of the planet below, Kollia Prime, as it burned with the fires of war.

“It is as you designed, Lord” replied Agemo.

“Were the skulls enough?”

“Enough to mark out ten unholy runes, Lord. Truly your warriors have been busy.”

“With the skulls of those Loyalist dogs at the centre?”

“Of course, Lord. They make an excellent centrepiece”

“And the blood?”

“Enough to paint the skulls twenty times over, Lord”

The Warsmith paused, and Agemo became nervous. Had he forgotten some part of the ritual?

“And the Governor?”

“Ready to be sacrificed as we speak, Lord”

“Good.”

Agemo relaxed, and muttered another prayer of thanks to Tzeentch. The Warsmith focused the viewscreen on the burning capital spire, and zoomed in. Even from orbit, a vast, blasphemous rune was clearly visible at the highest point of the spire.

A great rune to Khorne, but not one of praise.

An insult.

A challenge.

“Let his greatest champion come,” spat the Warsmith “and with the defeat of a daemon, Perturabo cannot refuse making me Lord of this sector.”

Matras Del’Frain was a man in mortal terror.

The world … his world … had been overrun in a matter of days. Cultists had begun an insurrection that threatened the peace and prosperity of Kollia Prime. Though his planetary enforcers had initiated a series of measures that appeared to be dealing with the troublemakers, Del’Frain, as governor, had dutifully ordered communication of the issue with the Imperium via the astropathic relay. When vessels of the Adeptus Astartes had appeared in-system two days later, Del’Frain had followed protocols. Though it appeared that a nearby strike force of Space Marines had merely responded to the astropathic communication, it was only prudent to put the Planetary Defense Force on a higher state of alert. Governor Del’Frain refused to squander resources or threaten those that might successfully deal with the insurrectionists, however, and over the strenuous objections of the High Commander of the PDF he restrained more stringent preparations.

That mistake had cost Matras Del’Frain and the world of Kollia Prime everything.

The vessel in orbit had once fought for the Imperium, but the Astartes that manned it had long ago turned to the Dark Powers.

As a precise orbital bombardment knocked out the planetary defense guns, a wave of drop ships descended from the corrupted battle barge to the surface of Kollia Prime. A combination of the drop pods used by loyalist Astartes and the ancient Dreadclaws used by the Legions during the Great Crusade, the wave of drop ships carried death incarnate – traitor Space Marines.

The Planetary Defense Force had only minutes to put up a hasty defense and the High Commander died as he cursed the governor’s bad judgment over the comms.

Once the PDF had been destroyed, the conquest of the world had been a foregone conclusion. Matras Del’Frain, Governor of the Imperial world of Kollia Prime, had been seized by the servants of Chaos as he lay whimpering in the Grand Chamber, his loyal bodyguard being slaughtered before his eyes.

“Join me, Sorcerer,” commanded the Warsmith as he and his chosen warriors departed the command deck of the battle barge. The dark mechanicus techpriests had completed their repairs upon the Warsmith’s armour and that of his surviving bodyguard and the Warsmith was in haste to complete the ritual that would summon a daemon to the world. Agemo wondered if the Iron Warrior truly considered the consequences of his actions – the daemonic servants of the Blood Good were not to be trifled with in combat, yet that is exactly what the Warsmith sought to do. The Sorcerer attempted to use his psychic vision to peer ahead into the future to see if there was a path that would lead to his liberation, but the Warp was in turmoil and he could not get a clear picture.

“Now!” barked the Warsmith as he detected the sorcerer’s slowness to obey.

Agemo’s attention snapped back to the real world and he moved to follow the son of Perturabo. His survival was paramount, so it wouldn’t do to displease the megalomaniacal Iron Warrior at this juncture.

Matras Del’Frain’s bowels released as he was shackled to the surface of the Memorial of Valor. He was too terrified to be embarrassed, though he mentally collected himself. What had once been the planet’s grandest memorial to the achievements of those that had sacrificed everything for the planet and the Imperium had been profaned, blasphemous runes painted in blood upon the surface of the marble memorial, the masterful sculptures of the memorial having been toppled and the headless corpses of the PDF and Enforcer officers having been impaled upon enormous bronze spikes arranged around the central fountain..

On the journey to the Memorial Del’Frain had observed the arrangement of skulls that lined the walkways up the spire. The notion that those skulls had once belonged to the populace of his world was lost on the man. The skulls glowed with an eerie light that brightened and dimmed in concert with chanting of the governor’s captors. The memorial had been situated atop one of the grand spires of Kollia Prime, the open roof over 300 levels above the surface of the planet and visible from space. Del’Frain imagined that the spectacle upon the roof could be seen by those aboard the vessel that he knew was in orbit.

The constant chanting of his captors was punctuated with irregular screams and gibbering, the torchlight reflecting on the wet blood that coated each of the skulls. Governor Del’Frain had developed an intense migraine upon the journey to the Memorial, though he had not been allowed to slow his steps as the rough captors pushed him bodily.

Now, as he lay shackled upon the cold slab of smooth stone, he spied the enormous mound of skulls that reached skyward. He could not tell how the tower of skulls did not topple over, but these skulls, too, were coated in blood and glowed wickedly.

The robed cultists arrayed in a circle around him, Governor Del’Frain lay chained in his own filth, whimpering. There was a strange sound from nearby and Del’Frain smelled the sharp ozone odor that accompanied teleport activity. Then he heard a deep voice that clawed at the edge of his sanity.

“Prepare the sacrifice,” commanded the Warsmith.

Spoiler

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts
Haha! It begins!

Nice to see you took my short fluff and extended it further. Really psyched for the actual battle now!
QUOTE (Khestra the Unbeheld @ Oct 29 2010, 06:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You make me sad; you are the destroyer of worlds.
QUOTE (Ace Debonair @ Dec 4 2010, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

Crimson Fists: W:1 D:0 L:1
Iron Warriors: W:5 D:5 L:5

Shinzaren

Shinzaren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 989 posts
Haha, my poor throwaway planet haha. I had originally made Kollia Prime because I needed a battle ground. Now it is being burned to the ground and used as a horrible bloody bait. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?! Goodluck to both combatants, and excellent write up Brother Tyler. Can't wait for part(s) 2 and beyond.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

I had originally made Kollia Prime because I needed a battle ground. Now it is being burned to the ground and used as a horrible bloody bait. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!

You lost a battleground to a Chaos Lord. What did you expect? Order? Government? A Tea Party? Of course I'm going to burn it and use it for unspeakable purposes to further my personal gain <_<
Damnable typos! They follow me like locusts, to sweep down and eat the sense from my words.

Shinzaren

Shinzaren

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 989 posts

I had originally made Kollia Prime because I needed a battle ground. Now it is being burned to the ground and used as a horrible bloody bait. WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!

You lost a battleground to a Chaos Lord. What did you expect? Order? Government? A Tea Party? Of course I'm going to burn it and use it for unspeakable purposes to further my personal gain :blink:

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I did anticipate Bral Reiko prevailing; saving the planet and carrying the glory of the Liber onward to the finals. Curse you Ferrous Ironclaw! Curse you!

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,561 posts

unspeakable purposes

You're going to summon Simon Cowell aren't you? :)

Damn you Shas'o R'Vre! Damn you!

:lol:

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

unspeakable purposes

You're going to summon Simon Cowell aren't you? :P

I'd say yes, but that would be unspeakable, and cause a massive warp-paradox.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
The walls between the real world and the nightmare universe known as the Empyrean are ever fragile, the emotions and energy of mortals in our world sustaining the denizens of the other. So it was that the bloodshed upon Kollia Prime caught the attention of the primal entity mad scholars have named the Blood God. Not a physical being such as is known in the real universe, the Blood God was a presence whose influence could will the energies of the Empyrean to shape as he saw fit. Warfare and murder were the acts that mortals committed in the Blood God’s name; and those who visited the Realm of Chaos and beheld the worlds shaped by the Blood God saw panoramas of slaughter, where blood red brass shod beasts made eternal war. The most privileged of visitors might be allowed to view the Blood God himself, who some named Khorne, and those that retained their sanity spoke of a terrifying god seated upon a great brass throne amid a mountain of skulls.

As Kollia Prime was put to the torch and the skulls of her citizens were taken and arranged into enormous runes dedicated to Khorne, the Blood God stirred within the Empyrean. Sensing the bloodshed, he summoned forth one of his servants, willing the Herald into his Presence.

A mortal watching the seen would have seen the Blood God stare at his servant silently, assessing the Herald’s worthiness to attend upon the matter. The Blood God had felt the barriers between the worlds dissipating and knew that his daemon would have an opportunity to penetrate those barriers in order to spread more bloodshed and take more skulls for the Skull Throne. The servant was adorned in burning red armour, the helmets upon the massive scarlet helmet ripped from the skull of a former foe. The great hellblade within the servant’s hands stirred in anticipation of battle. This Herald had forced one of the great Juggernauts into his service, no small testament to his abilities. At last the Blood God seemed satisfied that this servant would do for the task at hand, that his presence in the mortal realm would reap more blood for the Blood God; and the Blood God spoke:

You may keep the skull of your worthiest foe, but the rest are mine.

The Herald bowed silently, acknowledging the command of his Lord and then turning the monstrous hell-creature he rode and exiting the presence of the Blood God. As the Herald and his mount marched away, they faded from vision, journeying through the Empyrean to the point where the barrier between the worlds was thinning.

Angerecton, Harbinger of Extinction, was on his way to bring Hell to the real world.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Angerecton, Harbinger of Extinction, was on his way to bring Hell to the real world.

Suppose it's too late to go back on the whole "Building a giant rune" thing? Uh oh... :wacko:

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts

unspeakable purposes

You're going to summon Simon Cowell aren't you? :)

Even Heretics wouldn't sink that low.
Besides, you can just imagine the conversation, can't you?
"You're a terrible Warsmith, and you need to work on your-" and then the sound of a pedantic mortal being painfully torn in half and kicked across the room by Ironclaw.

Suppose it's too late to go back on the whole "Building a giant rune" thing? Uh oh...

Can't you pretend you spelt it wrong, and intended the 'how's it going' rune? :lol:

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

unspeakable purposes

You're going to summon Simon Cowell aren't you? :blush:

Even Heretics wouldn't sink that low.
Besides, you can just imagine the conversation, can't you?
"You're a terrible Warsmith, and you need to work on your-" and then the sound of a pedantic mortal being painfully torn in half and kicked across the room by Ironclaw.

Hah! Take +1 Internet for that comment.

Suppose it's too late to go back on the whole "Building a giant rune" thing? Uh oh...

Can't you pretend you spelt it wrong, and intended the 'how's it going' rune? :D

Unfortunately, "How's it going?" sounds nothing like, "Hey Khorne, your Momma is so fat even Slaanesh wouldn't touch her!", even in the Daemon tongue.

Edited by Shas'o R'Vre, 25 November 2010 - 07:15 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
Sorry for the delay, but I was traveling this weekend and didn't have time to write. The next installment will be up tomorrow.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Sorry for the delay, but I was traveling this weekend and didn't have time to write.

No Problem

The next installment will be up tomorrow.

Can't wait!

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
Ferrous Ironclaw surveyed the site keenly, taking in every nuance of his surroundings in preparation for the summoning. The weakling governor of this backwater planet was chained in the center of the memorial, resting in his own filth. One might not know from looking, but this governor had once led Imperial Guard armies in service of the False Emperor. It was this governor’s past that had been pivotal in Ironclaw’s choice of this world for the summoning, for only the blood of a worthy opponent would suffice to bring one of the Blood God’s daemons.

The clearing around the altar was a circular area about 100 meters across, the circumference of the circle lined with the bloody skulls of this planet’s defenders. Spaced evenly around the circle were eight guttering torches within great brass stands. The light from the torches cast an eerie glow upon the scene, the crimson sky darkening as the sun set upon the world. Beneath each torch was a brass cage, each containing a slavering beast captured in the Eye of Terror and held by enchanted chains and sigils of containment upon the bars of the cages. These beasts were hunters, scaled predators that looked like a cross between a panther and a wolf. Each weighed about sixty kilograms, and what they lacked in size they more than made up for in speed and cunning. Their dark scales reflected the light of the torches and their yellow eyes looked upon the chained governor, seeing in the terrified man their next meal.

On either side of each cage stood Ironclaw’s warriors, loyal Iron Warriors armed with polearms with which to goad the hunting beasts should the creatures not move towards the intended victim, and nets with which to subdue the beasts should they attempt to turn on their captors. Each Iron Warrior wore his full armour, though each also wore the heads of their victims at their belts.

In all, Ferrous Ironclaw was satisfied that the sorcerer had prepared the sacrifice properly.

“Let it begin,” he commanded.

Agemo of the Dark Chronos made a gesture with his hand and the manacles around the governor’s wrists and ankles released. The man screamed aloud in anticipation, then realized that his limbs were free. Struggling in his fear, he stood upright, naked body matted with sweat and filth. He looked around in order to comprehend what was happening, seeing none moving to attack him. He had been certain that he would be killed, a hapless victim upon a profaned altar. Now, though, there was a glimmer of desperate hope in them man’s eyes as no one moved to threaten him.

He suddenly noticed the knife that was at the foot of the panel upon which he had been chained. It was one of the combat knives that the military orders of Kollias Prime preferred, a great heavy blade with a slight curve. Looking around one last time, he decided that his captors still intended to kill him, but that he wouldn’t go without a fight. He scrambled to take the blade.

As if taking the governor’s possession of the knife as a cue, the traitor Space Marines at the cages pulled the chains in their hands, releasing the doors. One by one the dark beasts exited their cages, cautiously advancing on the man at the center. Their nostrils flared and they growled menacingly, their long crimson tongues flicking out to taste the odor of the man’s fear. The beasts hunting in packs and instinctively gathered in pairs that surrounded their prey.

The governor spun about slowly, holding the knife in a ready position. Though it had been many years since he had fought in battle and his body had deteriorated with neglect, he was still an able fighter. He slowly stepped back, attempting to put his back to the one of the broken statues.

The creatures darted about, advancing and withdrawing in order to confuse their prey. As the man at the center drew close to the nearest statue, two of the beasts jumped at him from opposite sides.

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts
Gladitorial Combat. Well, what better way to create a Khornite Sacrifice :D

Once again, sterling work Brother Tyler!

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts

Hah! Take +1 Internet for that comment.

I've been looking for an internet upgrade for a while. :D
Turns out the Iron Warriors are in charge of that, huh? Shoulda seen that coming. :D

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Turns out the Iron Warriors are in charge of that, huh? Shoulda seen that coming. ;)

Well, originally it was totally owned by the Eldar (webway connections made networking much easier), but when they started to get into trouble they sold it on to us. Now, we overcharge you for your data usage and use the profits to fund our manufactorums. Bwahahahaha!

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
Khorne and his servants thrived on battle. Throughout the universes, the struggle of creature against creature, of nation against nation, sustained the Blood God. The combat taking place upon Kollia Prime had been especially tailored to draw the presence of the Blood God, to tear down the fabric separating the dimension in which Khorne existed and the real world.

Angerecton could feel the diminishing of the barrier as he drew near to the scene. The ebb and flow of the battle became a rhythm to him, and he prepared himself for the transition.

Del’Frain whirled on the beast attacking from his left, slashing upward at the creature’s belly as he rapidly leapt to the side in order to avoid the attack from the other creature. Burning pain engulfed him as both beasts were able to rip into his flesh with their claws, though his movement succeeded in evading the full brunt of their attacks. He felt some satisfaction in hearing the beast he had attacked howl in pain, the blade ripping through the scaly flesh and cutting deeply. The beast landed shakily and loped away. Meanwhile, the other creature darted out and circled to Del’Frain’s rear.

Despite his success, Del’Frain knew that it was only a matter of time. It had been too long since he had fought in mortal combat, the duties of Imperial Governor not allowing him to keep his training up. He continued to look about warily, the blood-coated blade threatening any creature that came near. The Governor of Kollias Prime concentrated his efforts, seeking the strength to prevail over the creatures.

“Where will the creature appear, sorcerer?”

Agemo had been watching the battle intently and the Warsmith’s question had taken him by surprise. He answered quickly, though, “Lord, it is difficult to say. The rune has been arranged so that the center is a point about four meters in front of the altar. Were a circle drawn, the daemon might be expected to appear within. In this setting, though, it might appear anywhere within the confines of the rune.”

Ferrous Ironclaw had expected as much. He knew that the sorcerer continued to plot, hoping to extricate himself from his servitude. Such a thing was to be expected. The Warsmith checked his weapons, ensuring that each was ready. Accustomed to battle in the Long War against the False Emperor, Ferrous Ironclaw could feel the actinic charge in the air. The presence of Chaos was palpable and he would be ready to face whatever the Blood God sent this way.

Del’Frain spun about, sensing the attack from his rear. He had steeled himself to his doom and was determined to kill as many of these creatures as he good before going down. He felt the thrust of the blade penetrate the creature’s throat as its full weight came crashing into his chest, the claws pressing into his shoulders as the rear legs dug into his thighs. The creature’s attack was blunted as it died, though, and despite the damage to Del’Frain, it succeeded only in bringing him down to the ground. As the other beasts closed in for the kill, Del’Frain scrambled out from beneath the dead creature, getting to his feet quickly as he screamed in defiance.

His features took on a bestial aspect as he drew upon the primal reserves that came to the fore in battle. The Governor’s war cry reverberated within the rune and the beasts instinctively withdrew, sensing the potency that now emanated from their prey.

Angerecton sensed that the moment was right and began his transition to the real world.

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts

Turns out the Iron Warriors are in charge of that, huh? Shoulda seen that coming. :P

Well, originally it was totally owned by the Eldar (webway connections made networking much easier), but when they started to get into trouble they sold it on to us. Now, we overcharge you for your data usage and use the profits to fund our manufactorums. Bwahahahaha!

So that's why there's all those suspicious-looking tanks with the warning stripes outside my cave. ;)
I knew I shouldn't have upgraded to broadband! :lol:

Back on topic:
I'm practically hopping up and down in my chair waiting to see the end of this fight.
Although, I can't help but think it's going to be really funny if Ironclaw or Angerecton get the kill on their first hit. :P

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Although, I can't help but think it's going to be really funny if Ironclaw or Angerecton get the kill on their first hit. ;)

I think Brother Tyler would re-do the dice rolls if that happened, or make up some suitably epic build up beforehand.

Aqui

Aqui

++ ARQUUS PRAELIA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,561 posts

Although, I can't help but think it's going to be really funny if Ironclaw or Angerecton get the kill on their first hit. :P

I think Brother Tyler would re-do the dice rolls if that happened, or make up some suitably epic build up beforehand.

In either case, I'm looking forward to it :woot:

In the darkness between the stars, the weak and the faithless find no deliverance. We are raised to believe that the God-Emperor watches over us all. And so we are charged to cleanse the mutant, the heretic and the alien. We must not falter. We are His sword. We are His wrath. Even in the face of death, we shall not submit. Suffering is our prayer. Faith is our armour. In Battle He offers us redemption. And for those who proves their worth, the Emperor sends sends forth His Angels!

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,713 posts

Well, your combat prowess is definitely proven now.
You just killed my joke in one hit. :(

I doubt it'll be a quick fight, one way or the other. It was just a random thought that made me chuckle. ^_^

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
The atmosphere within the runic circle began to warm noticeably, the stench of sulphur filling the air. Some of the Iron Warriors shifted position somewhat, sensing the change and reflexively tensing for action.

Agemo of the Dark Chronos stood impassively, the sorcerer detecting the immanence of Warp-born power better than any other present. If one could gaze upon the sorcerer’s visage beneath his helm, the faintest of smiles would be seen.

Ferrous Ironclaw’s weapons hums to life as the Warsmith readied himself for battle.

Caught up in the fight for his life, Governor Del’Frain was oblivious to the changes going on. He focused on the beasts that remained. Matras Del’Frain began screaming incoherently, threatening the beasts. Noticing the creatures remaining at a distance, the governor felt some degree of martial pleasure. He sensed one approaching from his right side and turned to face it.

And then his whole world went black.

The daemon herald’s transition to realspace took moments, its energies finding the material to form muscle and sinew. His juggernaut mount, too, transitioned with him. As the daemonic creatures took corporeal form, the din of a thousand battles accompanied them.

The traitor Astartes and their lackeys arrayed around the memorial looked around as the sound of battle suddenly filled the air.

“Khorne’s servant comes!” yelled the sorcerer, directing everyone’s attention to the center.

The assembled onlookers watched as the form of the governor suddenly staggered, pitching to the ground. His sweat-soaked skin began to shift and undulate, and then it took on a ruddy hue. His limbs stretched out and his face, mouth open in a wordless scream, distended and mutated.

Two enormous horns grew from his head.

Before their eyes, the governor was transformed, his body becoming that of the Herald of Khorne as the combat blade in his hand stretched and grew into an enormous cruel battle sword.

Beside the governor, the beast transformed, too, growing into a monstrous creature that looked part daemon and part machine.

The sword-wielding daemon thing leapt upon the back of his daemonic mount.

Ferrous Ironclaw, Warsmith of the Iron Warriors Legion, broke position and strode forward. Sensing the threat, Angerecton charged.

The scene within the Warsmith’s ship in orbit was depicted by view slate. Warning klaxons began to sound and one of the slave-servitors intoned, “Ship transitioning from Warp nearby.” The crew broke into action, the Warsmith’s lieutenant enacting defensive actions.

Edited by Brother Tyler, 02 December 2010 - 08:14 PM.
Oops!

Shas'o R'Vre

Shas'o R'Vre

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,266 posts

Ferrous Ironclaw, Warsmith of the Iron Hands Legion, broke position and strode forward.

Ah... You seem to have mistaken me for a loyalist bootlick.

But otherwise... What in the Warp is going on? Another ship?

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,887 posts
:D Fixed