Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

sanguinary priests

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

shan vener

shan vener

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts
hey guys got a question

what do you give your sanguinary priests if your running a squad of three.
so far iv'e got 2 pieced up from death company plus 2 command squads (christmas loot)
1 with jump pack, infernus pistol, power fist
1 with jump pack, hand-flamer, power sword
i'd like to make a third but no idea for gear, so what do you guys think?

Edited by shan vener, 27 December 2010 - 02:10 AM.

it's girls or games dude, girls or games
Blood Angels (5000 points) battle record W:15/L:4/D:0
Carcharodons (595 points) battle record W:1/L:0/D:0
there's a reason why the Blood Angels have the initials BA
Carcharodons WIP
http://www.bolterand...howtopic=204202

*sig made by kanazuchi*

igotsmeakabob!!

igotsmeakabob!!

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,628 posts
I wouldn't have stuck a Fist or paid for a pistol with Sang priests... you're making them too expensive. The fist defeats the Priest's awesome initiative 5, which might allow him to cut down a few enemies before they get to strike back. The most I'd give a Sang priest is a PW and a Pack.. capping out at 90pts for a 1W model with a 3+ save.
Don't put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions. People die, and nothing changes.

How do they rise up?

Chaplain Gunzhard

Chaplain Gunzhard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,576 posts
When the codex first came out I modeled up a really cool looking SP on Bike... it was actually quite successful but every time I posted my list online, people tore into it regarding the bike. I eventually dropped it.

Recently I've been running it again, joined with 2 or sometimes 3 MM attack bikes. They are a slightly more resilient Kill Point, and they can move 24" (24"!!!) to give FC and FnP on the fly (whilst receiving a 3+ cover save)... I realize the list optimizers will scoff at a dual purpose squad as such ...but I think it's a really fun unit that I don't see in any of the cookie cutter lists.

ETL_2016_Banner_03_Custos_Fidei02.jpggallery_21629_1142_21859.gif
Please check out my 40K blog: http://atticwars40k.blogspot.com/

Demoulius

Demoulius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,309 posts
i agree on what has been said on the powerfist, on a 1 wound IC with I5? bad idea :eek

with regards to the third one, that would depend on the rest of your army imho. you dont HAVE to make 3 you know :) you oculd even only take 1 if youd wish :eek

find a spot for the SP and you automaticly should know what wargear he would need :eek

My blog: click me! Latest update 20th of December. 6th edition musings.
Blood angel BFG Blog: click me

a particular Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

sml_gallery_64798_13809_5652.jpggallery_48988_15465_4294.png

JamesI

JamesI

++ OBITUS CAELESTIE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 14,137 posts
If I were to make more priests, I would recommend either one with no upgrades to hang back with shooty squads, or one with no weapon upgrades to use as a Novitiate.

gallery_26_4045_8286.gif

shatter

shatter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,723 posts
LC combi-melta isn't bad.
...Gladus, and my mitts.

Arafeus

Arafeus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1 posts
Hi, i play my Priests with lightning claw (re-roll to wound is good with S5 in charge) and combi weapon - with melta in melta squad and flamer in flamer squad and everyone with melta bombs (someone never know)

shan vener

shan vener

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts
well the reason for the power fist is that part of my playing style is for the SP to stick with a unit that fits with his wargear
like my power fist vanguard or my power fist assault squad. and the reason that i want 3 is that i have the option to take 3
and i don't the reason that i have 2 to be that i couldn't figure out what the third will have.
Carcharodons WIP

*sig made by kanazuchi*

Brother nathan

Brother nathan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,790 posts
corboulo? termy? bike? or just a cheaper version of the ones you have. ifi cant do the shooting job with the rest of the squad the chances that the priest will be able to help is slim. id just go power weapon and pack....
Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif
They stand against the coming storm, they are not buffeted by war, the thunder of guns does not shake them, nor do the rains drench their spirits,
for they are the true storm and they shall not be denied! For the Emperor and Sanguinius they will fight!

grazer

grazer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 397 posts
Along with Chaplain Gunzhard, I also run a priest on a bike, and I add in a power weapon. Joining him to 2 mm attack bikes makes the squad extremely resilient, fast, and the power weapon helps them in case they get caught up in an assault.

Like the others, I run a jump pack & power weapon as my second one, and have a third with which is my Novitiate, who just has a jump pack like the rest of my honor guard. The advantage of taking the HG is that he can't be picked out in close combat, so he's a little more survivable.
BAPC Failed!!!

Justin2008

Justin2008

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 118 posts
2 Sp armed with Power weapons, and then corbulo.

If any are jumping with a unit, then give 1 a jump pack.

That way they provide their bonus, whilst being able to hit back with something in assault. No more as it would be too many points for a 1 wound model with a normal 3+save

<_<
“Sanguinius looks upon us now!"

Redo

Redo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 523 posts

well the reason for the power fist is that part of my playing style is for the SP to stick with a unit that fits with his wargear
like my power fist vanguard or my power fist assault squad. and the reason that i want 3 is that i have the option to take 3
and i don't the reason that i have 2 to be that i couldn't figure out what the third will have.

I actually think that a PW armed SangPriest is a great compliment to a TH or PF armed Sergeant. The IC SangPriest can potentially deal out some S5 power weapon hits with the rest of the unit's regular attacks and then the heavy CCW can add its weight at the END of the round. Not much issue with wound allocation there!

I also like Justin2008's advice. When you are going to have 3 SP, go with 2 PWs, one with perhaps a JP and if a third...why not take Corbulo.

shan vener

shan vener

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 624 posts
well as much as i like corbulo i have one problem with him, no JP
my entire army has jump pack, literally i have no termies, devastators, tac squads, scouts, or tanks.
the only exception is my DC LRR which carries 10 DC 8 w/ power weapons, 2 w/ hand flamers

but i think for a 3rd priest im going to run another PW/HF and change the power fist to a power sword but keep the pistols.

EDIT: ill post pictures when i can

Edited by shan vener, 31 December 2010 - 01:45 AM.

Carcharodons WIP

*sig made by kanazuchi*

TheHarrower

TheHarrower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,084 posts
I just give all of mine power swords. I think lightning claws are a waste. You already have S5 on the charge. I'd rather the extra attack. Any additional gear is too expensive IMO.

Edited by TheHarrower, 01 January 2011 - 12:24 AM.

–The Harrower
Artist, Game Designer, and Wargame Veteran

dedardlogo.pnggallery_62972_10568_12006.jpg

Visit DED'ARD a hobby blog focusing on all things Blood Angels and 40K!

Son Of Moriar

Son Of Moriar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 52 posts
costly but stick him in termie armour and attatch to a squad of assault Termies he he str 5 lightning claws on the charge of course and an extra attack?? Hmm let me think about this

HELL YEAH!!!!