2011 LPC - Lamenters (again)

Leonaides

Ok, having foolishly decided to enter again this year in the middle of moving house, it seems its now time for me to get off my hairy backside and do something about my vow...

5 Lamenters Terminators. (remains of my terminators from several AoBR sets)

After careful consideration of the parts remaining after the last couple of years of vows, and a few odds n sods here and there, I find myself looking at 3 normal SB/PF terminators and 2 Sergeant models. A full squad this does not make. So now I go and check exactly what I made up previously... And discover that I only need 4 termies to complete my 3 5-man squads. (and still have a spare bod so i can combine without having an additional Power sword in a 10-man unit). So what to do with the second Sergeant? Captain? - Nope, got a Red Scorpion for that model, Chaplain? - Nope, not wearing a skull helmet, and I'd need to kit-bash a Crozius too. Librarian? - Nope, already got 6 or 7 Termie Librarians that I dont use. So, This leaves me with a chance to update my first Sanguinary Priest conversion from donkeys years ago - currently armed with a PF/SB using the old 3rd Ed lead Terminator Sergeant model... A Power Sword, and sourcing a nice Grail, and my AoBR Sergeant will look nice and white in his new paint-job.

So,

3x PF/SB terminators

1x PS/SB Terminator Sergeant

1x PS/RG Terminator Sanguinary Priest

How hard can it be? :D

• 1 month later...

Finally managed to find my bits and pieces... So a first update:

gallery_19254_5864_11807.jpg

gallery_19254_5864_20585.jpg

gallery_19254_5864_38019.jpg

gallery_19254_5864_39797.jpg

I'm not happy with the blue straps on the priest's waist - so that'll probably change to mechrite red. His shoulder symbol is greenstuffed, but I still need to checker-pattern the pad around it.

Rest of the marines are base-coated, ready for the first coat of sunburst.

End of the month? No problem.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, sunburst done (2 coats of), white done on shoulders, helmets and chestplates, ready for detailing/red stripes etc...

A couple more evenings without the cat eating the end of my paintbrushes and I'm done.

Group shot:

gallery_19254_5864_48351.jpg

Sang Priest - showing sword and left shoulder

gallery_19254_5864_9947.jpg

Twins???

gallery_19254_5864_51657.jpg

And here's Johnny!

Vow completed - 5 Lamenters Terminaotrs (incl 1 Sanguinary Priest).

Front view:

gallery_19254_5864_101136.jpg

Side view:

gallery_19254_5864_35641.jpg

Priest shoulderpad detail:

gallery_19254_5864_46327.jpg

The guy on the left with the red half shoulder shield is a comparison from previous LPCs, and is not part of this one - just the guys with the chequerboard shields. May have to re-visit my Heavy Flamer termie so he fits in with this new squad...

And who's a numpty? Me! The vow was for 6 terminators - no idea why. Proof of 6th terminator below (the guy with the white shoulder shield). He does need a little more work on him, but I thought I'd get the pic up now, and worry about the touching up later when he's dry. 3.5 hrs from undercoating to this stage (with an hour out to go collect my car from the car-doctors).

gallery_19254_5864_84832.jpg

Archived