New Furioso Kit Problems

Rinion

Got my Furiso the other day, and got around to building the thing, along side a standard Dread with a converted Right Arm CCW, with the aim of making two, one permenant DC, and the other switchable between Standard, Furioso, Librarian, and all weapon options inbetween. It did't exactly go to planned, so making this post as a warning of sorts. Though, if anyone has successfully accomplished this, would be nice to know how!

The kit is great, and actually a better detailed sculpt than the standard, wires have more ribs, air vents have more slots etc. it's also very, very slightly out of proportion! In just a few (key) places, it's slightly different than normal.

The arm stubs are shorter and wider, meaning the old arms simply dont fit.

The Sarcophagi have a few bits on the inside that seem to be deliberate attempts to remove the backwards-compatibility, removing the "extra" parts isnt too hard, and then it will easily fit both

The top of the new one is different also, so the Magna-Grapple likewise will not fit the old!

The leg plate pins/holes are bigger on the new one, though the new leg plates still fit the old, with some elbow grease.

Mercifully, you get four hands, making Claws/Fists swappable

A bit of creativity will fix these problems, but let this be a fair warning!

Ah, good to know as a chassis to build a second Dread from the kit is in the mail.

With the hands you face the problem that they use one of the shorter fingers for the Bloodclaws as well. If you leave that one out, you indeed have two sets of hands.

Hmmm....thanks for the heads up. This changes my plans.

I have one regular dread and my plans were with 3 new kits to bulid

-I perment DC Dread

-1 perment Libby Dread

-1 perment F. Dread

- Use the extra bits on the exsisting dread to switch between the HS Dread and an F Dread.

Looks like the new plan with the new kits will be

-1 DC Dread

-2 F. Dreads with swapable arms to firld 1 as a HS Dread (if needed)

- Convert regular dread into Libby (w/o the libby scarcoughi front)

Glad it helped!

I may actually be incorrect about how easy the Sarcophagi can be made to fit onto the old one, i tried to remove a bunch of the seeming "offending" parts, there's a slight difference in the actual shape of it that isnt obvious, it fits, though, little elbow grease and plenty of glue!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/Rinion87/Warhammer/DSCF5143.jpg

You can see it sort of fits, but is a little tall, not too shabby, but there's been a lot of cutting under the hood.

In fact, the old front plate doesn't fit on the new one for the very same reason, incase anyone wants a non-BA Furioso!

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa146/Rinion87/Warhammer/DSCF5136.jpg

More annoying! It's a little lower, doesnt reach all the way to the back part, and the top leaves a visible gap.

Again, nothing some modelling time wont fix, but not as easy as people would hope =(

Archived