- Nurgle sorcerer in TA with Wind of Chaos

- 7 Nurgle Termies with mixed weapons

- 3*10 Plague Marines each with a Fist Champ

and 2 special weapons

- 10 CSMs with a Heavy Bolter and Flamer

- 9 Berserkers

- 3 Obliterators

- 10 Lesser Daemons

Mission - Capture and Control (3 Objectives)

Deployment - Dawn of War

I won the roll off and elected to deploy first.

I deployed my TS in striking distance of the central objective and 1 of my CSM squads around the

objective in my deployment zone. He then deployed his unit of CSMs in some ruins next to the

objective in his deployment zone, 1 of his plague marine units and his unit of terminators + his

sorcerer as close as he could to the central objective.

He failed to steal the initiative and I began.

Turn 1:

Everything I had except my chosen moved onto the board and my Thousand Sons moved onto the

middle objective. Thanks to night fighting only my starting unit of CSMs could see anything, they

managed to pick off 2 Plague Marines. My Vindicator and Land Raider popped smoke and my turn ended.

He then moved all his guys on except his Daemons. His shooting phase was uneventful except for a

few units running and he was out of charge range.

I was holding 2 objectives, the 3rd was uncontested.

Turn 2:

Both my chosen failed to show up (2 3s grr)

My Land Raider filled with the Berserkers and Khârn cruised forward while my Obliterators and Vindicator

lined up on his Terminators and my Thousand Sons pulled back out of likely charge range of his Terminators.

The Vindicator scattered from the Terminators onto a unit of Plague Marines killing 3. The Obliterators Plasma

cannons did better hitting 9 but thank to cover I only killed 4. I managed to pick off a couple a couple of plague

marines with the rest of my firepower. Once again, no combat.

His turn involved his Daemons showing up then almost everything moving forward except 1 of his Plague Marine

squads who started flanking behind a chaos temple and his CSMs, Lord and Berserkers who stayed put. A nasty

array of template weapons from his Terminators killed 2 Thousand Sons while his Obliterators did nothing to my

Land Raider. He was out of charge range with his Termies (thanks to rolls of 1 and 3 for moving through cover)

and his turn ended.

I was holding 1 objective, he was contesting the central 1 and the last was uncontested.

Turn 3:

Both of my chosen units appeared on the flank next to his flanking unit of Plague Marines. I sent the Land Raider

towards the centre and disgorged the Berserkers and Khârn. My Obliterators finished off his terminators but the

Sorcerer survived with 2 wounds left. The vindicator picked off a couple more Plague Marines. My Chosen blasted

the flanking Plague Marines but only killed 5 leaving 3 who they then assaulted. Khârn charged and butchered

the Sorcerer while my Berserkers charged a nearby unit of Plague Marines, only killing a couple (My dice deserted me).

The chosen killed 1 for 2 losses and stayed put.

His turn involved his Daemons moving towards the Thousand Sons while the shooting depleted Plague Marine squad

moved towards the chosen. His shooting phase saw 1 of my CSMs picked off by a Heavy Bolter. The assault phase

saw a couple of Berserkers killed by his Power fist champ, I only killed 1 plague marine in return. The Daemons

killed 2 Thousand Sons for 2 losses in return. His 2 depleted squads of Plague Marines took down 4 of my Chosen for

no loss but I passed my Ld test.

I was holding 1 objective, the other 2 were both uncontested.

Turn 4:

Khârn went to join the Berserker's combat with the Plague Marines. My shooting phase saw my Land Raider pick off an

Obliterator. My Obliterators shot their Plasma Cannons at his berserker unit killing 4 despite cover. The vindicator killed

a couple of his CSMs (the only unit it could see). Combat saw Khârn and the Berserkers kill all but his Champion whose

Power Fist took Khârn down. My Thousand Sons lost 2 more and killed nothing in return. The Aspiring Sorcerer then fell to

combat resolution. My Chosen were brought down to 3 men but once again held their ground.

His turn saw his Lord and Berserkers finally move towards me running a further 6 as well. His obliterators continued their

trend of (not) shaking the possessed Land Raider. My Chosen then went down to 1 remaining who passes his leadership test.

My berserkers finally took down the Plague Champ who had killed Khârn and consolidated back to the central objective. His

Daemons hit the Obliterators, doing no damage and losing 2 in the process.

I was holding 2 objectives he was now contesting the 3rd with his obliterators.

Turn 5:

I sent my Berserkers and a unit of CSMs after the Daemons. My shooting was less effective this turn taking down a couple of

Berserkers and putting a wound on his lord, but not much else. I then wiped out the daemons for no loss in combat and

consolidated my Berserkers and CSMs back towards the central objective.

His turn saw his berserkers move next to the central objective but out of charge range of my berserkers. His shooting did stun

a Rhino and take the Demolisher Cannon off the Vindicator. That ended his turn.

I was holding 2 objectives and he was contesting the 3rd with his obliterators.

Dice rolled a 5 - game continues.

Turn 6:

My turn saw a couple of his berserkers gunned down by my Obliterators. My Berserkers went after his Lord hoping that he'd

wound himself with his Daemon Weapon, no luck... He got 9 extra attacks and killed 4. While dying, the Berserkers did manage to

put another wound on the Lord and killed all but 2 of his Berserkers. My Skull Champ then fell to his Berserkers. He consolidated

into the central objective.

His turn saw his Obliterators continue to do nothing while his Lord and Berserkers charged my nearby CSM unit. His Lord killed

himself with his Daemon Weapon. His Berserkers killed 1 chaos marine before both being killed in return. He destroyed 1 Rhino

in close combat with a plague champ and wounded an Obliterator with a lucky bolter shot.

Game ended on a 2, although my opponest confessed he would have conceded at this point anyway.

I held 2 objectives, he contested 1 with his Obliterators.

I had 2 units of CSMs left with 9 and 8 men respectively. My Obliterators, an undamaged Land Raider, a weapon less Vindicator

and an undamaged Havok-back Rhino.

My opponent had 2 Obliterators, 5 plague marines and 8 CSMs left.

Kill points would have been 6:6.

I was pleased with my tactical decisions (for once) but my dice rolling nearly cost me badly, though I only missed with a blast weapon

once all game and that still hit another nearby enemy unit.

My opponent was a great sport and if he hadn't fallen for a couple of my distraction tactics, shot my units instead of the seemingly

impervious land raider and kept his eye on the objectives he could have won.

I have to say, the Obliterators and land raider were supreme in their given roles. In this game I might have been better served with

combi-plasma instead of Havok launchers on my rhinos, but that would have been tailoring, and I'm trying to prepare for a tournament,

so I kept my 1850pt list as is, just added the Possessed Vindicator.

I also do need to be more careful when placing Khârn, I put him next to his Plague Champion with a Power Fist instead of a normal plague

marine, that lapse cost me my general and almost cost me the central objective.

Cheers, well it was poor positioning on my part that let him do it... 2 attacks,

both hit and wounded and I failed 1 5+ invulnerable... instant death...

Still the Sorcerer and plague marines he did kill meant that he did make his

points back.

Laterz...

Archived