Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DIY Resources

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,722 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
This topic provides members with links to handy discussions/tutorials/articles that will assist them in both developing and discussing their DIYs. If there are any discussions, external sites, or videos that you think should be added, please post a reply here with the link. If any links are dead, or if you think they are no longer relevant, please post a reply.

gallery_26_6416_686.png Background Information
Timeline - A timeline of the WH40K game universe

gallery_26_6416_686.png DIY Aids
DIY Article Templates - A variety of BBCode templates members can use in composing the articles for their DIYs
DIY Musings: How much detail is enough? (Brother Tyler)
Guide to DIYing (Ferrata)
The Octaguide (Octavulg)
On Do It Yourself (DIY) Discussions - Advice for participating in discussions (Brother Tyler)
WH40K DIY Article Templates - Downloadable Microsoft Word .docx templates in a variety of formats that can be adapted to a DIY from any faction

gallery_26_6416_686.png References
Tabula Astartes - An index of all Adeptus Astartes legions, chapters, and warbands - loyalist and renegade, official and DIY
Tabula Mechanicus - An index of all Adeptus Mechanicus forge worlds, hellforges, titan legions, and independent Kastelan maniples - loyalist and renegade, official and DIY
Tabula Militarum - An index of all Imperial Guard regiments, worlds, and army groups - loyalist and renegade, official and DIY
Tabula Questoris - An index of all knight households, knight worlds, and freeblades - loyalist and renegade, official and DIY
Tabula Sororitas - An index of all Adepta Sororitas orders - official and DIY
Submit your DIY to the tabula once it is completed!

gallery_26_6416_686.png Showcases
Liber Showcase - Submit your DIY article to the Liber Showcase once it is completed!
Liber Astartes Miniatures Showcase - A place for members to display the models for their DIYs

gallery_26_6416_686.png Painters
Astra Militarum
Chaos Space Marine
Scout
Sister of Battle
Space Marine (w/ wargear)
Terminator
  • Grey Hunter Ydalir, Madwolf Shadowmane, gameos7 and 1 other like this

Grey Hunter Ydalir

Grey Hunter Ydalir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,867 posts

Is there an updated Timeline? The target for the link is missing, I'm assuming after the forum update.

Apologies for the hassle. I always preferred the timeline here to most others I could find.

The Octaguide.
The Thousand Marine Myth.

On the scale mismatch of bolts and bolters by Coldfyre

Commissar Molotov's Castigators - Essential reading for IA Creation.

"...I have seen the birth of this world and I have seen its death. I walked with the first men and I shared a beer with the last. For me everyone is both old and young at the same time as a million lifetimes pass before my eyes and humanity is like the grains of sand in the desert, each breath to me a sigh in the vast never-ending vacumn of space."
-Silver Phoenix

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,722 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion
It appears that the timeline has been deleted, most likely because it was so outdated. Every time GW publishes a new rulebook/codex/codex supplement, additional events are created; and it's likely that the timeline hadn't been updated in years.

Realistically, you can find comprehensive timelines at either Lexicanum or the WH40K Wiki (which also has a chronology of events).

The problem with trying to maintain one here is that someone is going to have to keep it updated. Wherever we put it, the author would have to post updates (presumably other members that purchase books would provide the update information and the author would have to copy and paste). Mods and admins can, of course, provide assistance. If the tabulae are anything to judge by, however, the work would then fall to the mods/admins because authors don't always stick around and the other members rarely provide update information. Both of the wiki sites are much better at maintaining updated information because all registered members can edit the updates in.
  • Grey Hunter Ydalir likes this

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Grey Hunter Ydalir

Grey Hunter Ydalir

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,867 posts

Copy that, it's no worries. I was hoping there was still a local source, or a new one. I simply don't like Lexicanum or WH40K Wiki as sites to visit, while I love the B&C.

In any case thanks for that, I appreciate the help Tyler.

The Octaguide.
The Thousand Marine Myth.

On the scale mismatch of bolts and bolters by Coldfyre

Commissar Molotov's Castigators - Essential reading for IA Creation.

"...I have seen the birth of this world and I have seen its death. I walked with the first men and I shared a beer with the last. For me everyone is both old and young at the same time as a million lifetimes pass before my eyes and humanity is like the grains of sand in the desert, each breath to me a sigh in the vast never-ending vacumn of space."
-Silver Phoenix

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)