Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Global Campaign

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
290 replies to this topic

Possessed Marine

Possessed Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 893 posts
Wow, +1 to Marshal Sampson's story, sounds great.

Brother-Sergeant Bohemond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
Yes, I think its certainly a possibility for a launch pad

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
I like the sound of it as well. We can use that. So where is the Despoiler going specifically?
For Sigismund! For Dorn! For The Emperor!

The Apokrypha Crusade, My Black Templar Crusade

Brother Immolator

Brother Immolator

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,724 posts
The problem with AoA is that nids,necs and Tau werent a bother to the galaxy yet.(or did i screw up the time line?)

Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012C.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2012D.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013A.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gif
"Ninety-nine boltershells in my bandolier! Ninety-nine shells in my bandolier! Shoot a heretic down Load another round Ninety-eight boltershells in my bandolier!"

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,636 posts
This is my overall idea for the setting. Take it or leave it.

581.M41: The Arx Containment

Now believed to presage the coming of the Despoiler's 13th Black Crusade, the brief campaign known as the Arx Containment began in the closing years of the sixth century of M41. A group of Chaos warlords set aside their own disputes and united to launch an attack on Imperial space. Avoiding the heavily-defended Cadian Gate, these Chaos Lords instead struck from the Arx Rift, a massively unstable -- yet still navigable -- exit from the Occularis Terribus. Segmentum authorities, fearing this to be a replay of the opening moves of the Gothic War, immediately ordered the reinforcement of Cadia and the Gothic Sector with reserves from the Imperial Guard and Navy. The defense of the region around Arx itself, however, was left to the Adeptus Astartes.

In counter-point to the attacking Chaos Lords, a group of Space Marine Chapters rushed to the area's defense. They did not, however, encounter just the forces of the Archenemy. Aside from a few beacons of Imperial power and the listening station at Arx itself, the area around the Rift is mostly unexplored, and the Astartes found themselves contending with previously unknown xenoform races. Despite this, the Space Marines were undaunted and fought tenaciously to prevent any of these enemies of the Imperium from penetrating their cordon around Arx. . .

Planets of the Arx Rift Warzone

Arx Minoris: There is little to distinguish Arx Minoris in a literaral sense. A barren ball of rock in an equally barren solar system, Arx features a few small mining concerns run by the Adeptus Mechanicus. Its most prominent settlement is the Arx Listening Station, a small base populated and run by the Imperial Navy. Its many auspex towers and antenna clusters keep constant vigil upon the Arx Rift, one of the very few paths by which Traitor forces can exit the Eye of Terror. Its sibling, Arx Majoris, is a gas giant of no particular note.

Tartus Magna: This minor forge world has long been a part of the supply chain that keeps the defenses of the Cadian gate strong. Manufacturing Kantrael-pattern lasrifles in the billions, as well as heavier armaments like the Chimaera APC, Tartus Magna was curiously bypassed by Abaddon the Despoiler during his break-out from the Rift at the beginning of the 12th Black Crusade. This of course brought the suspicion of the Inquisition to the world, and Imperial authorities continue to clash with the Tartan Arch-Magi to this day.

LV 427: A previously unexplored planet, LV 427 had little strategic value before the campaign. Subsequently graded as a death world, it is a wilderness of primordial crags and methane seas. Nonetheless, it became a battle ground of importance during the Arx Containment. Holding it became a matter of great importance to both sides, as it sits in a curiously quiet warp-corridor that made it a transit hub for the Traitors attempting to drive free of the Eye of Terror.

Purgatus Secundus: Purgatus Secundus is a hive world on the brink of collapse. Conquered by the Black Legion during the Gothic War and subsequently re-taken by the Imperium following the Despoiler's withdrawal back to the Eye, Purgatus was heavily subjected to cleansing efforts by the Holy Ordos, being spared Exterminatus only by the benevolent orders of Lord Admiral Ravensburg. Its population and industry had been in decline ever since, reduced almost to the point of indentured servitude by their Ordo Malleus governors, until the coming of Chaos once again.

Grim's World: An agri-world of little note, Grim's World provides foodstuffs for several planets throughout the Gothic and Scarus Sectors. The people of Grim's World have long told tales of fey creatures that share their world, although hunters of the Ordo Xenos acting on these stories were never able to substantiate the claims. During the Arx Containment campaign, however, Grim's World became a hive of xeno activity, threatening the supply lines of the Gothic Sector defenders and forcing the Astartes to contest for its open plains and city-sized stockyards.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
I really like both, but for game purposes, I like Deus Ex Ferrums best. Unless there are any objections, I think that we will go with it. In additon, I will need all of the people intersted in doing this to draw up fluff for major battles, important people, and what have you. I have also drawn up very simplistic rules.
1. Only Power Armored Armies are playable.
2. You must declare which planet your battle report will score a point for.
3. The scenario is Loyalists vs. Chaos.
4. Only victories count, and losses do not count against you.
4.5 unless you lose against a Xeno race, in which case, the Xeno's gain a point.
5. At the end of the contest, the winning side, be it Loyalist or Chaos, communnaly writes a piece of fluff detailing your victory.
6. There are five worlds to add your score to.
7. These worlds are divided into three sections. Imperium, Chaos, Xeno.
8. Whoever has the most points on a world at any given time controls it.
9. Whoever controls the most worlds, wins.

Thoughts?

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,732 posts
Sounds good! I'll do fluff for whatever is needed! But I would especially like a crack at important character pieces. This is shaping up to be awesome!

Raven Angel

Raven Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,977 posts
A I would like to see a few more planets and star systems
B What kind of Xenos are we talikg about? I know B&C is a bastion of power armored armies but it will be kinda hard to round up opponets if they can't participate too.

Sounds good so far though
1. As a Wargamer I am not owned by one company alone.
2. As a Wargamer I am loyal to excellence in rules sets that encourage balance and fair play. (either in tournaments or in casual play)
3. As a Wargamer I am loyal to Excellence in miniature manufacturing.
4. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are fair in pricing.
5. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are accessible and provide me with timely information.
6. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that value me as a customer, not as a commodity.
7. In return these companies will receive my financial support.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts

A I would like to see a few more planets and star systems
B What kind of Xenos are we talikg about? I know B&C is a bastion of power armored armies but it will be kinda hard to round up opponets if they can't participate too.

Sounds good so far though

Basically, as the B&C is for PA, we are assuming that everyone that wants to participate has a PA army. All you would do is go to your local game store, and play a game. For example, I could take my Black Templars and play a game against a Codex: Space Marines army. If I won, I would write a fluff piece detailing how the Templars executed the obvious traitors, and add one point to the tally for whichever planet I wanted. If I lost, nothing would happen, and I would not gain a point. However, If I lost to a Tau army, I would have to add one point to the Xeno tally for the planet that I was fighting for, and write a fluff piece detailing how the Templars lost an important battle against the Xenos.

Raven Angel

Raven Angel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,977 posts
So basicly we are playing a campain but our opponets are not?
1. As a Wargamer I am not owned by one company alone.
2. As a Wargamer I am loyal to excellence in rules sets that encourage balance and fair play. (either in tournaments or in casual play)
3. As a Wargamer I am loyal to Excellence in miniature manufacturing.
4. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are fair in pricing.
5. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that are accessible and provide me with timely information.
6. As a Wargamer I am loyal to companies that value me as a customer, not as a commodity.
7. In return these companies will receive my financial support.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
Exactly. The competion will come into play on the forum, where the various planets will become targets, as each side strives to control the majority. That's the reason we have five. Ideally, each faction will take obvious control of two each, while the fifth becomes a battle ground. However, they will also have to make sure thier posistion of power on there own planets is not undermined by clever players.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
Looks good. Now we just need to drum up support, though, I agree that we need more planets and, possibly, the option for some special characters with rules and fluff. Possibly even a specific Warband and Chapter leading each faction as the Supreme Commander of each side.

Chapter Master Ignis Domus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
I'd definitely go for some kind of commander system for each faction. Also, have you thought about how to balance it so that it's not 9,632,527 Imperial players against 2.5 Chaos players? Maybe do a sort of team captain pick thing?
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Llagos_Tyrant

Llagos_Tyrant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 514 posts
I`d love to join in on this but it`s a little bit difficult for me ...

I`m pressed for time and don`t really have a consistent club near me.

gallery_48988_15808_1006.pnggallery_48988_16308_20607.pnggallery_48988_15094_7480.pnggallery_48988_15094_6142.png

The Roar Before Silence Fell: WIP Thread

Iron Warriors//VIIth Grand Battalion: Liber Index

Hobby on Instagram at @GrimDarkHobby

Mr.Havoc

Mr.Havoc

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 647 posts
An idea I had ages ago for the gaming group I was apart was a Civil War in the Imperium.

You would have those loyal to the High Lords and the Faith against those loyal to the Emperor, their would be a Saint declared for each side which is more of a propoganda head for the factions that those rally against.

The Space Marines are neutral but there are chapters declaring for for each side, while others are trying to keep the peace and defend the sectors.
The Guard is devided over the matter and either support either side or follow orders blindly.
The Orcs take advantage of the war going on and get involved in the brawl.
Chaos spreads almost unchecked attacking many high profile targets.
The Eldar follow thier own pursuits and manipulate many to achieve the highest survival rate for their species.
Dark Eldar raid and pillage as many planets and colonys are unprotected.
The Tau seek to expand as the Imperium is left fighting itself and reduced in strength.

It sadly remained an idea though but that is what I would do for a world wide campaign to involve all races.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
We already have a scenario sadly, so we really have no need of more.

Also, I'm not quite getting your team captain idea, care to elaborate?

Also, for a Special Character, I would happily put foward my Emperor's Champion, Ramiel the Sunderer.

WS 6
BS 5
S 4
T 4
I 5
W 2
A 4
Sv 2+
Invul 4+

As a Black Templar Emperor's Champion, with all special rules that a EC has.
In addition, Ramiel can forgo his attacks for the round, to make a single attack that causes Instant Death, regardless of toughness.
Due to a geneseed quirk, Ramiel has massive, feathered wings. When opperating as an IC, Ramiel moves 6"+1d6
Ramiel does not have acess to the Black Templar's Armory.

In addition, if taken by a non BT force, Ramiel confers the Counter Attack special rule to an squad he joins.

Just came up with the stats on the fly, so if thier broken, sorry about that.

Edited by Grey Knight Purifier, 13 May 2012 - 02:01 AM.

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,766 posts
If you're talking about my Team Captain idea, I'm thinking we could select a captain for each faction, and it wouldn't have to be just two, who would then, in secret, pickhalf the people who sign up based on fluff and compatibility, then come up with a backstory for their side.
Signature not compliant with forum rules
Hidden Content

Kol Saresk

Kol Saresk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 15,014 posts
One question, how do you plan to adjust for the numbers of loyalists versus chaos players?

Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pnggallery_29004_9303_9178.pnggallery_29004_9303_5366.pngfriday-award.png

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,810 posts
Hmmm, good question that one.

Not really sure, could be a certain number of slots for a team and they have to be full before the next 'team' is opened. Say, Chaos has 3 Teams and Imperials have 3, each team has 5-10 players...all 6 teams have to be full before we open another Imperial and another Chaos?

Edited by Brother-Sergeant Bohemond, 14 May 2012 - 08:49 AM.

Marine Errant

Marine Errant

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 196 posts
Hi,

I would love to join in this. Haven't played anything like this for a long time. Let me know if you need any help with any of the writing, otherwise I am looking forward to this kicking off and writing up the fluff to go with the battles :)

Thought for the Day - Walk softly and carry a big multi-melta...........

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
Brother Sergeant, that is a phenomenal idea. I say we go with that. Marine Errant, welcome. If you want to write fluff, just start writing fluff about anything. Big Battles, important people, and what have you.

Iron Father Ferrum

Iron Father Ferrum

++ INTERFECTOR PRODITORES ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,636 posts
Did you want me to expand the target list? I can do up another two or three brief planet write-ups in a matter of an hour or two if you want.
Posted Image

+Corruption of Purpose: Heretic Astartes+
+The Blade Unsheathed: Asuryani+

+AO+ Currently seeking a PhotoShopper to make me a Chaos banner for this signature. +OA+

Brother Dresker

Brother Dresker

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 20 posts
Jumping in somewhat late, but I'd be happy to help with fluff writing. Not sure how many games I'll actually be able to get in on, and if we're going with the team system, I don't want to take a slot up and then not contribute enough. But feel free to toss battle outlines at me and I'll flesh them out.

Grey Knight Purifier

Grey Knight Purifier

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 569 posts
At current interest, I do not think we need more than five planets. However, I would really like it if you guys could write up more IC's, and at least one major battle for each planet.

ScottishSmurf96

ScottishSmurf96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 389 posts

At current interest, I do not think we need more than five planets. However, I would really like it if you guys could write up more IC's, and at least one major battle for each planet.

What kinfd of characters would you like? Just a hint in any direction to get me thinking.
WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE. WE GOT FUN AND GAMES.