Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Painting some green!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
83 replies to this topic

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Hi guys, been thinking about re-doing my DA army for a while and after going through some of my collection I found some terminators and land speeders so thought I'd revisit the boys in green. Hope to have some guys painted up soon but here is my chaplain I've had on my painting desk for some time.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for looking and any advice on painting or collecting would be welcome :lol:

Edited by Brother Tancred, 01 October 2012 - 04:10 PM.

Adeptus-Alaska

Adeptus-Alaska

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,796 posts
Awesome chaplain. I just love this two-hand crozius craze right now.

If you're gonna be a nerd, be an awesome nerd!

Burias-Drak'shal

Burias-Drak'shal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 691 posts
Great work on the chaplain!
gallery_43262_14432_13990.jpggallery_43262_14432_29483.jpg

DucAvieux

DucAvieux

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 22 posts
That's a great model, it has a lot of character. The paintjob, especially on the fabrics, is marvelous.

farfromsam

farfromsam

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 517 posts
Oh man, I have serious model envy!

EPK

EPK

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,991 posts
Well done! Great pose! Will you be painting the base - I think it needs a splash of color. Maybe just some dry brushing of grays (if you want it to stay dark).

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Thanks everyone for all the comments,

Well done! Great pose! Will you be painting the base - I think it needs a splash of color. Maybe just some dry brushing of grays (if you want it to stay dark).

yeah I plan to paint the base a muddy brown so that the model isn't too grey and flat. I plan to have some Deathwing terminators and tactical marines painted soon so more to come.

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
edit: double post :)

Edited by Brother Tancred, 06 June 2012 - 06:50 PM.

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Just finished building my first tactical squad of the army (I plan to build another one shortly with all plasma :) )

Posted Image

And here are the terminators and dreadnoughts I've found, how I let myself get so many and not do anything with them I can't say but they'll be Deathwing now <_<

Posted Image

At the moment there is from left to right:
Squad 1: Powersword/storm bolter
Cyclone missile/storm bolter/powerfist
2 chainfist/storm bolter
powerfist/storm bolter

Squad 2: 4 powerfist/storm bolter
powerfist/heavy flamer

Squad 3: 3 thunderhammer/storm shield
2 lightning claws

Squad 4: Powersword/storm bolter
powerfist/assault cannon
2 chainfist/storm bolter
powerfist/storm bolter

I'm debating whether to try and cut some of the arms off of the powerfist guys to build more TH/SS and LCS to mix the squads up a bit.

More to come.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,308 posts
Looking great so far Brother Tancred. Just did a double check, you haven't vowed for the ETL painting challange? Is it another forum? If not, you've got til August to finish, have you got anything you could vow? Every point counts!!!!

Either way I'll follow, cheers,
Jono

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts

Looking great so far Brother Tancred. Just did a double check, you haven't vowed for the ETL painting challange? Is it another forum? If not, you've got til August to finish, have you got anything you could vow? Every point counts!!!!

Either way I'll follow, cheers,
Jono

Cheers for the reminder Grotsmasha, just submitted my vow which will start from this post onwards :D pictures of what is in my vow to come soon.

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Just thought it might be a good idea to post the list + points first so everyone knows what is coming :D

Tactical squad w/ powerfist/meltagun/missile launcher 210
Tactical squad w/power weapon/plasma pistol/plasmagun/ plasma cannon 225
Ravenwing landspeeder w/ typhoon/multi-melta 75
Deathwing squad w/ 3 THSS/ 1 LCs/ Cyclone 235

745 total

Edited by Brother Tancred, 08 June 2012 - 09:11 AM.

Grotsmasha

Grotsmasha

++ TORTOR PUMILI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,308 posts
Nice one !!! :lol:

Jono

gallery_48988_15465_50871.pnggallery_48988_6285_19365.pnggallery_48988_15465_13594.png sml_gallery_48988_15094_4327.pngsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png sml_gallery_48988_16045_1076.png sml_gallery_48988_16053_7077.png gallery_48988_10069_385.png

Check out my current and past projects HERE Heralds of Devastation

Having a Hobby Clean-out, a bunch of stuff now on eBay

Giving Fiverr a go, model Painting, Assembly and Conversion Commissions available

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
First update for the ETL vow:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Just need to undercoat the rest of it and start painting ;)

Cheers,
Brother Tancred

Bryan Blaire

Bryan Blaire

++ EXPLORATOR BIOLOGIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,187 posts
Brother Tancred, very cool vow, looking forward to some more images, however, if that chaplain is anything to go by, these guys are going to be fantastic. That dude is awesome and very fierce lookin', like he's found a couple of Fallen he's been looking for and now someone's getting their battle plate torn wide open! Keep us updated!

Edit: BTW, yay for drilled out bolter bores!

Edited by Bryan Blaire, 13 June 2012 - 01:55 AM.

My DA Successor Chapter DIY - Stoneburners: Index Astartes Stoneburners; Images: Stoneburners WiP - DA Forum
Completed Squads: Stoneburners - Hall of Honor Forum
Drakeslayers, Bellicose Monster Hunters of the Fang: Drakeslayers - Space Wolves Forum
Other Material Here (Angels on both sides of the Long War): PCA WiP Forum
gallery_59244_7045_11084.jpggallery_59244_7045_3768.jpggallery_59244_7045_10256.jpg

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Cheers for the comment Bryan, I really enjoyed painting the model and it ultimately was the reason I started this army.

Here is a quick update on the squad sergeant:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Still needs a little more work on the base and touch ups but almost complete.

Adeptus-Alaska

Adeptus-Alaska

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,796 posts
Nice! I love the power sword, very cool. the robes are awesome as well!

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Hi folks, been a couple of weeks but managed to do a little more on the tactical squad

Posted Image

Posted Image

I also decided to start a deathwing terminator:

Posted Image

I was really unsure about painting him cream but now that I have, I like it. Really stands out in the army and makes a nice change from painting green ;)

Cheers for looking and more to come,
Brother Tancred

elmo

elmo

++ SANGUINEUM MARIONETUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,104 posts
I don't know how I missed this :)

Looking fantastic so far.

My only comment would be that the plasma cannoner's face looks a little bland and the termies partchment on his rh shoulder has been washed a little heavily but it might be the photos. :P

HJL

HJL

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,431 posts
very nice job on the chaplain, its very good indeed.

"The Orks are the pinnacle of creation. For them, the great struggle is won. They have evolved a society which knows no stress or angst. Who are we to judge them? We Eldar who have failed, or the Humans, on the road to ruin in their turn. And why? Because we sought answers to questions that an Ork wouldn't even bother to ask. We see a culture that is strong and despise it as crude."

Ulthan the Perverse

What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.

Adeptus-Alaska

Adeptus-Alaska

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,796 posts
that is an awesome termie! well done man! I hopemine turn out as good!

Isiah

Isiah

++ VENATUS EXSECRATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 12,473 posts
Brother Tancred you have an incredibly smooooooooth clean painting style. Models are looking excellent – lovin' the squad sergeant particularly – but all have bags of character.

Cheers
I

gallery_4666_1311_36564.jpg

Keeper of the Dark Fortress

Armies: Deathwing and Grey Knights and a cheeky little Inquisitiorial detachment.
(I'd have more if my wife would let me)

Interrogator Stobz

Interrogator Stobz

++ VILICUS PISCARIAM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 7,260 posts
I really like the scheme you have for your DW SS, nice contrasts and tie in with the shoulder shield.
Nice dark green on the PAS too.
Cool little force.

stobz

Be Pure, Be Vigilant, Behave.

gallery_48988_15465_19298.pngETL_2013_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgImg_CH00_08Awards_02_LPC_2013B.gifImg_CH00_08Awards_05f_PtR_2012.gifETL_Medal_06.gifsml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.png

Stobz'z DAngles

Sviar

Sviar

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 785 posts

I was really unsure about painting him cream but now that I have, I like it. Really stands out in the army and makes a nice change from painting green :P

@ Brother Tancred, may I ask what colour you used for the Terminator. By the way these are some very good looking minis.

Sviar

Brother Tancred

Brother Tancred

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Thanks for all the positive comments guys, really encouraging :D

I was really unsure about painting him cream but now that I have, I like it. Really stands out in the army and makes a nice change from painting green :P

@ Brother Tancred, may I ask what colour you used for the Terminator. By the way these are some very good looking minis.

Sviar

Of course mate, I've used the old foundation paint dheneb stone as the base as I have a couple of pots still. I then wash the recessed areas with agrax earthshade to create depth. I touch up any pooled areas of wash with dheneb stone again and finish by mixing some white to the base colour for a highlight, about 3:1 dheneb stone:skull white.

Though if you can't get any of the old paint GWs paint converter suggest Rakarth Flesh as a good substitute to dheneb stone.

Hope this helps, I'll try and get some more pictures up tonight when I have a chance to paint :D

Cheers,
Brother Tancred