Glendor's E Tenebrae Lux WIP thread

Glendor

So far I have got the rhino dreadnought and one sternguard done. About halfway through the first vow. My painting skills aren't that good so any criticism would be excellent.

I was originally going to do blood angels but ended up doing Angels Sanguine as a last minute decision. I have been playing for a couple years but never painted my army. The color scheme is a checkered split instead of the normal 50/50. I got the idea from a member on these boards but I cannot remember his name, if you can link his thread I would love to give him credit!

First off is the pic before paint:

gallery_53179_7353_125217.jpg

This is my first vow minus the librarian which I have not built yet. The Sternguard on the right I started to paint before I remembered to take a picture. Also the other three with paint on them will be rebasecoated and everything for the new color scheme. The Rhino and dread are based green because I got them from a friend who never got any farther than that lol.

Next are the finished pieces

gallery_53179_7353_3386281.jpg

gallery_53179_7353_2372503.jpg

gallery_53179_7353_772631.jpg

Hopefully I can get the rest done quickly so I can update my vow. I plan on finishing the other 4 sternguard and libby in a week or so.

Looking really great there! Loving the great red/black contrast ;)

You didn't fancy the traditional half/half colour split?

I must admit I was confused for a moment by those green vehicles in the first phot! LOL

Keep it up!

Here is the update for my vow. I have completed everything and am working on figuring out the next. I need to learn how to take better pictures if anyone can help, all of my models look really flat and bad compared to real life. I am no expert painter but it is a little annoying.

I did end up going with the traditional red/black split mainly because I accidentally painted me 2nd stern guard and decided I liked it.

Here are the photos:

Librarian just after the basecoat

gallery_53179_7353_3162040.jpg

Librarian finished

gallery_53179_7353_1573450.jpg

That completes my first vow and now I will begin planning my next vow.

Archived