Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DanteWing Tactica

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

DominicJ

DominicJ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 824 posts
Nope, I get CAGs numbers

LD10 fails 3/36 (1/12) (that would be 66,65,56)
LD 9 fails 6/36 (1/6) (66,65,56,55,64,46)
LD8 fails 14/36 (7/13)

Against LD 8's, its going to have some use, but only some.

As a piece of Captain Wargear, it would be handier I feel.

Its not bad, its just weird, and it requires a lot of planning to use well.
Its hard to argue its worth the effort.

Killing it with fire since Angels of Death

Ushtarador

Ushtarador

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,199 posts
Death Masks are neat if they work, but without some modifiers to affect morale I would not spend points on them, not reliable enough by far. Also, who isn't fearless these days..

DominicJ

DominicJ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 824 posts
fearless is no defence, unless it was slipped in via a FAQ somewhere?

Apart from that, pretty much my thinking.

its unlikely to come into effect once in a game against anything useful, maybe not even every other game

Killing it with fire since Angels of Death

CitadelArmyGuy

CitadelArmyGuy

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts

A re-rollable 2+ fails 1/6 x 1/6 = 1/36. That is 1/3rd of what Ld 10 fails at ~ 3/36.

Spot on thanks Marshal, exactly right.

My Ld9 and 8 calcs are right, but idk what was wrong with my brain on the 10 haha.

Ld10 check is 3/36. Reroll 2+ is 1/36. Thanks mate spot on

Active Duty United States Army, Alumni of The Citadel Military College. 6th Edition: 54 Win - 6 Tie - 5 Loss // 7th Edition: 10 Win - 0 Tie - 0 Loss

Nine Principles of Warfare: Objective, Offensive, Mass, Economy of Force, Maneuver, Unity of Command, Security, Surprise, Simplicity. In tabletop wargaming, 8 of 9 apply.

Military terminology: A tarpit is a Fix. A bubblewrap is a Screen. Deathstars are Shock Units. Baiting units is an Ambush. Buffing is Force Multiplication. A pre-emptive decision is a Spoiling Action. Utilizing maneuver to influence your opponent's maneuver is Diversion. Special tricks that execute in 1-2 turns are Tactics, contrasted against your over-arching approach to winning a match is Strategy.

I play Semi-Competitive because after being a true believer and disciple of Competitiveness for years, I personally feel that 6th Edition made a mockery of game balance... but I've never had more fun than I do now! I still play nails-hard and I play to Win, but nevermore at the expense of fun for my opponent. Play what you like, or you won't like to play