Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Miscellaneous Debris

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

RipherChost

RipherChost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
To get all the old stuff up to date:

Two bezerker squads
Posted Image
Posted Image

Three Grey Hunters
Posted Image
Blasting across the artic tundra in a monkey powered rocket jet...

Hall of Honor

WiP

RipherChost

RipherChost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
I dug up an old assasin and re-based her to match a little better with my space wolves. Should they ever ally with Grey Knights.
Posted Image

I got a little excited over re-basing my fenrisian wolves from the old rectangles to the round ones and painted one as soon as it was done.
Posted Image

Then this week my inspiration was drawn from the dark vengence set that I can not afford to get just yet. I went to the second edition paint scheme to see if Thousand Sons eyes were always green and liked the semi reverse color scheme and came up with a positive/negative scheme that I will use to differentiate two of the three squads I have. I am leaning towards using the blue with gold trim on the third squad of Thousand Sons.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

C & C welcome

Hall of Honor

WiP

chaplainmikey

chaplainmikey

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,247 posts
Those 1k sons look fantastic!
I think I actually prefer this scheme over the 'offical' version. The horns in particular really stand out and the simple bolter conversion is pretty cool.

Mike.

ETL_2014_Banner_V2_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2015_Banner_02_Custos_Fidei_03.jpg

RipherChost

RipherChost

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 141 posts
Thanks chaplainmikey! It took a couple sittings to get the Thousand Sons just right, I kept comming back to them after a short break and felt they were missing something, I ended up alternating more blue and gold to get the final results. I forgot to mention I scrapped the green eyes and went with white, it seemed just as ghost like.

Now I am tempted to paint up a squad of bezerkers in a simular fashion bronze with red trim not sure if it will look as nice though.

My work week starts today so with some luck I will get something new on here in a week.

Edited by RipherChost, 13 September 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Hall of Honor

WiP