Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Today in the hobby I....

• Please log in to reply
10219 replies to this topic

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
  • Faction: Silver Skulls
YITH I removed the metal tabs from the bottom of my metal vets and masters of the chapter. I will be putting them on some cork basing. That's all I managed to do. :(

And no hobby time this weekend as I am taking the nephew on a cub scout camp out.
  • Dolchiate Remembrancer likes this

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,118 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard
Tithi found the ooold 'battle cars' gw game on the spectrum. Was at it for over half an hour and still didnt get any further than turning the car on the spot.
Got bored and built 6 raptors instead and managed to actually stab myself with a plastic cataphracti lightning claw. They really hurt!!

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Cap'm Heckus

Cap'm Heckus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 638 posts
  • Faction: Agamemnos PDF; Space Badgers
TITH I bought a Calth boxed set and ordered some more Black Templar sprues. I don't really want to replace my entire infantry but these guys are going to be awfully pretty...

" We have failed to uphold Brannigan's Law. However I did make it with a hot alien babe. And in the end, is that not what man has dreamt of since first he looked up at the stars?"  -Captain Zapp Brannigan

gallery_29004_6198_4761.pnggallery_30308_9518_1272.jpggallery_30308_9518_1551.png

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,923 posts
  • Faction: ΦΙΡΜΑΜΕΝΤΥΜ

Today I finished my fifth Dunecrawler and got my second Warhound back from its assembly commission.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

Do not suffer your zeal for the Chapter to lead you into argument with others.

CHXaGsb.png1cuUYGd.pnglM6PBhp.pngqYWJ4yS.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
Very Productive afternoon. Got my second WS sergeant about 80% done and filmed each stage. Also got a lone IF HB guy base coated.

treadhead

treadhead

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 688 posts

TITHI Ordered some anvil industries jump packs for my (sanguinary guard based) locutarus storm squad,  Surfed eBay and found Ten Mk IV legs to add another six marine legion tactical support squad to my XIIIth legion force, now I just need to find a use for the last four pairs of legswallbash.gif 

After 20 odd years hobbying my bits box is no longer A box it's more like a medium sized shelving unitblush.png

c & c welcomed, kudos accepted, blame shifted
http://s21.photobuck...readhead2/?sc=5
S,M,A,K,I,B,B,F,B

Reldn

Reldn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
  • Faction: XVII Legion, Blood Drinkers

Today in the hobby, I received my copy of the Angels of Death supplement as well as the new Psychic cards.

I'm also trying very hard to find the shake my painting depression and actually slap some colour onto my Imperial Space Marine I have primed. I keep convincing myself that: "It's going to suck and end up in a simple green bath anyways, so, why bother?" unsure.png

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Today in the hobby, I received my copy of the Angels of Death supplement as well as the new Psychic cards.

I'm also trying very hard to find the shake my painting depression and actually slap some colour onto my Imperial Space Marine I have primed. I keep convincing myself that: "It's going to suck and end up in a simple green bath anyways, so, why bother?" unsure.png

goblin green base, goblin green base, goblin green base.......

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Mard

Mard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 346 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels

Today in the Hobby I started to plan out my next epic army for a tournament later in the year.

• Aqui likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16045_3749.pngETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifETL_VI_Badge_Forum_Champion_Imperium_SOBETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_03.gifgallery_48988_10069_12051.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_7586.pnggallery_29004_10383_2014.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gifETL_Medal_03.gifgallery_48988_10980_7442.pnggallery_62972_10568_6124.jpg

KBA

KBA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,145 posts
TITH I bought more resin. A Malcador Heavy Tank to be specific :). Love this little super heavy.

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

TITH I received a little package in the mail containing the last bit I needed wanted for my Imperial Space Marine model (Thanks Jimbo!) and painted a bit.

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,605 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels
YITHI began prepping some ETL Vows...

Which is the first hobby activity I've indulged in since XCOM2 was released.
  • JeffTibbetts likes this

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current project: Escalation Campaign 2021

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Eagle Eyes

YITHI began prepping some ETL Vows...
Which is the first hobby activity I've indulged in since XCOM2 was released.

Was wondering where the heck you've been.
  • Disruptor_fe404 likes this

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

shandwen

shandwen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,886 posts
  • Faction: It changes with the season
TITH I primed my first Imperial Knight. Hopefully in the morning I can start getting the body painted and ready for the armor pieces to be glued on.

Now in Technicolor!

Ace Debonair

Ace Debonair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,698 posts
  • Faction: The Thousand Ideas

Today in the Hobby, I finally decided to paint over my WIP Red Lords who will never get used for anything, and replace them with a fresh squad from the Warminds Chapter.

So far I've half-painted a bunch of legs and back plates, leaving them a weird, extra-festive blend of red, gold and green.

I planned to go back and give them the fully green treatment...Then I remembered I actually need to be spending my free time on sorting out the Liber Campaign.  laugh.png

But given those legs have sat there unused for two years, I guess another couple of days won't be too terrible. sweat.gif

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
TITH I finished priming two Vindicators and started doing pre-shading on my MKIIb Land Raider (chapter house kit).

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,605 posts
  • Faction: Sentinels

Was wondering where the heck you've been.

Doing the Emperor's work, and liberating holy Terra from it's Xeno overlords.

Still deciding what more I should Vow for the ETL. So many options...
  • JeffTibbetts likes this

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current project: Escalation Campaign 2021

Astartes-ULTRA

Astartes-ULTRA

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 113 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines

Took delivery of a Calth tactical squad, terminator squad, dreadnought (for my lost legion project) and........ The base model for the Primarch of the lost XI legion.

This is gonna be awesome!

Edited by Astartes-ULTRA, 28 April 2016 - 04:59 PM.

New copy

Canadian_F_H

Canadian_F_H

++ SECTURATOR BIPENNIFER ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,822 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars
Tith I secured Deathwatch overkill and angels of death suppliment... Sadly had to pass up the new knight duel kit.. but I don't have a pile of magnets ready yet so I guess it can wait...

On a side note, this probably makes my tyranid army bigger than my imperial guard now...

Edited by Canadian_F_H, 28 April 2016 - 11:09 PM.

SickSix

SickSix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,211 posts
TITH I got more priming done. My MkIIb LandRaider is base coated. And I got my siege shields base coated and hazard stripes done.

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

Yesterday in the hobby I lost interest in playing The Old Republic, which should mean I'll soon restart painting my Salamanders.

• Viridia, SickSix and JeffTibbetts like this

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts
  • Faction: Eagle Eyes

Yesterday in the hobby I lost interest in playing The Old Republic, which should mean I'll soon restart painting my Salamanders.

I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but reading over the new Salamanders rules in Angels of Death should prove inspirational. :D 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

old git

old git

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 852 posts
  • Faction: The Red Tide
YITH I finished the two landraiders I scored off eBay to add to my Redeemer to try out the Spearhead formation this weekend. Very nice too if I do say so.

Edited by old git, 29 April 2016 - 05:06 PM.

• SickSix likes this

Brother Lame

Brother Lame

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 112 posts

TITH my copy of Angels of Death finally arrived. Now I'm desperately trying to find any information on something called an 'Iron Guardians' formation is, if it's even a thing at all (it's mentioned in the Sons of Gorgon section). I know what the unit composition is but not if it actually has any supporting rules/benefits.

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

Yesterday in the hobby I lamented once more that there was no original Warhammer song when you can't throw a stick on YouTube without hitting a My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic song.

Today in the hobby I took pictures for an update of my works in progress and for a new Hall of Honour thread.

I haven't had a chance to look at them yet, but reading over the new Salamanders rules in Angels of Death should prove inspirational. biggrin.png

I just want to be able to take two special weapons in a tactical squad. I'd trade everything from chapter tactics to the specific detachment and from heavy flamers in tactical squads to artificer armor and thunder hammers on sergeants just to be able to take two flamers or two meltaguns in my troops.

Edited by Knight of the Raven, 30 April 2016 - 02:02 PM.

• Disruptor_fe404 and JeffTibbetts like this

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)