Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITHI assembled my very first Allarus Custodian, who's joined now several 5 strong squads already assembled (2 of Prosecutor and 1 of Vigilator Sisters of Silence, 1 of Sentinel Custodians), all waiting for character building to get primed. My Ten Thousand's Ten Thousand project goes along, taking shape by the day.

Also after reading Two Metaphysical Blades and Blood Games I got again into Master of Mankind (How delightful are the Custodes' comments to Dorn).

:cool.:

YITHI looked at the paints I’m going to need to do Szarekh up all roight ‘n proppa’ according to his GW page and...

I’m going to need to buy a lot of paint.

And probably learn how to wet blend.

Edited by Daimyo-Phaeron Lenoch

I freely admit I failed my Black Templar pledge. The more I tried to paint the more energy was pulled out of me by work, and the more I fell into a negativity spiral which took me out of most of the communities I enjoy participating in.

I'm getting back on track with some World Eaters, though they too have a long way to go:

kUsSG6G.png

2uynT99.png

Basically I wasn't too fond of the old Berserker models and after mulling over using Raptor bodies, I settled on using CSM. They're less dynamic, yes, but I think they have the right amount of visual threat for a unit and will still paint up nicely. Plan is to build 30 of these guys (10 man units with chain axes and bolt pistols, 2 with plasma pistols and a power axe on the champ). I decided to not double down on the melee weapons only because I think with 9th having even a little ranged threat is important.

Models are made with the FW Berserker upgrade set, with the Chain Axes and spare hands from Conversion World. I think they look spiffy and appropriately threatening, even if they're less dynamic.

YITHI looked at the paints I’m going to need to do Szarekh up all roight ‘n proppa’ according to his GW page and...

I’m going to need to buy a lot of paint.

And probably learn how to wet blend.

Honestly, don't attempt to learn to wet blend on a big expensive centrepiece model like Szarekh - not only will you be afraid of messing it up, making it demoralising in the end, the effect will probably be too subtle to make a difference for you.

Tithi continued painting more terrain, converted a daemon prince by green stuffing a sturdier neck joint (ok did that bit the night before) just to use up a spare bloodthirster head and then painted him, Did more terrain, some detailing on two of my custodes dreads, Yet more terrain and to finish off I did a little more work on my grey knights sicaran (I know they can't have one but it looks shiny in silver :wink: )

Tomorrow I'm doing anything but :censored:  terrain

TITH I knocked over a bottle of micro sol. Managed to save about half. 30 seconds later I used it to clean yellow paint off my brush. It wasn't my finest hour!

Man, must have been a dead week for the hobby :P

TITHI purchased an old monolith on eBay because Why Not, it was cheap and I've wanted one of the old ones for a while. 

Also, a few days ago, I found the GW Guide to Making Terrain referenced in the 3rd Ed Space Marine Codex at a Half Price Books, among other non-40k finds. I look forward to experimenting with it. :D And if nothing else, my library of old relevant books is slowly expanding.

TITH I painted up my first guard squad in over a decade (well almost).  A couple weeks ago I got a couple tanks painted, but I've been playing mostly unpainted.  So I've figured out my paint scheme, got a guard & sgt painted, and now I can start to assembly line them.

God I suck at painting after a 10 year hiatus...

@Brainpsyk: It'll come back. Hang in there. 

TITH, I

• finished two troupe masters
  • finished four players
  • uploaded my list for my first competitive game in 6 or 7 years
  • think I'm nearing the end of building and painting my cosmic chorus army