The Minotaurs & also Horus (Updated August 18th)

Lorenzen

Its been a little while since I've posed anything on here as I've had a lot on my plate lately with work and recently bought a 2nd motorbike so haven't exactly had the funds for frivolous hobby spending.

however I have been considering getting a fresh start on codex: marines ready for the new book and have been discussing running the Orpheus campaign with some friends up at Warhammer World. As such I decided that I'd take on the bronze maniacs that are the minotaurs and create a small force of them for the campaign and eventually tournament play (with the goal of best army)

without further ado, i give you the first proper model I've been working on for them.

Veteran Sergeant Ajax "Porfyros Tauros"

Ajax is of impressive stature even for a space marine, his nickname Porfyros Tauros (The Crimson Bull) is in reference to his preference to be found charging straight for the heart of the enemy and his bloody appearance once he is finished with his task.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/217/5/8/ajax_by_typhion-d6gs0v9.jpg

Currently deciding whether my assault terminators will all carry the same shield as Moloc or if i should scratch build them custom ones.

damn, not content with owning my favourite and most frequently checked army on B+C, you know have to tackle the other army I was contemplating building!  I was going to do Minotaurs on the siege vanguard codex from IA10, which codex will you be using?

Cheers guys, I'm planning on running them from the standard dex with the orpheus additions, the seige list is a bit far out for future tourney use.. once the termies are done ive got hecaton aiakos to mess with, though i think he'll end up being a mortis pattern most of the time..

I'm currently working on a test model for them, ill be doing some verdigris but not a huge amout as i dont want them to look too sloppy..

993356_10151658923216406_1022678579_n.jpg

I'm trying to follow the imperial armour scheme as closesly as i can (hence the brighter shoulderpad) the stripes on the pad will be replaced with a transfer when i have them and I'm considering doing a bit of trompe l'oeil weathering on them to give them a bit of "oh these haven't just been drybrushed!" flair which metallic armies tend to suffer from in my experience.

I have a bits box full of resin waiting for the new marine dex before cracking on with the Minotaurs. I will be watching this closely! Given the standard of your Death Guard (and fire angels) these will be AAA.

- Martok

the armour is given a basecoat of warplock bronze mixed with a little vallejo model colour bronze (pretty much solely to get the warplock through an airbrush) i then did a zenithial highlight with runelord brass to get the main colour.. shaded the pannel lines with p3 armour wash and a little agrax earthshade, then mixed in vallejo model air steel with the runelord for some broad highlights, then finally pure vma steel on the very edges.. the gold shoulder pad is runelord brass mixed with vallejo bronze.

the photo is a bit iffy as my proper camera is on charge so it doesnt quite show everything.

its the painted on fake battle damage technique thing.. its french for tricking the eye essentially, done a bit of it on him now and added a head.. still unsure on how im going to base them, considering urban with a bit of snow.

968889_10151658987181406_954870235_n.jpg

i've chosen to go with the idea that the minotaurs armour isn't painted but is a bronze coloured ceramite (that happens to oxidize green) in a similar way to the deathguard ceramite being "ivory" and the grey knight ceramite being silver.. that and i like how it looks ;)

yeah, the death guards ivory ceramite was unpainted too according to betrayal.. its something i ummed and ahhed over for my dg termies for a while debating the fluff with others.

anyhoo.. final pic for today, done a test base for Ajax and made him a press mould shield.. its a bit rough in places which will be sorted out (or i may just replace it with a resin one) but it shows the overall look of the model better.. also he was looking a little wide so he's gotten the vexilia to add fake height to him too.

999583_10151659182446406_203221710_n.jpg

im working on them at the same time as this wench! the mino symbol was done with the left over gs/mp mix from your cloak!

honestly some people... tongue.png

for those who don't know.. im sculpting a praetor (or 2) for Rider..

1148818_10151658994526406_2008507439_n.jpg

he'll be getting a lion pelt and a bit more bling on him before long.. currently taking 3000 grit sandpaper to the cloak to make sure its pretty much flawless.

Archived