May The Wings of Sanguinus shield all of you brothers!

I am pledging Blood Angels Assault Squad, Sanguinary Priest and Flesh Teares Terminator Squad to shine in the colors of the Sons of the Angel, and bring eternal glory to the Sanguinus.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge.

So we can vow half painted models?  That might be incentive enough to vow that Terminator Librarian I started getting distracted by during the ETL so I can get distracted from him and paint a bunch of other random stuff.  I'll need to fish around first for those other Space Hulk Terminators too...vow to be made in a couple of days.

So we can vow half painted models?  That might be incentive enough to vow that Terminator Librarian I started getting distracted by during the ETL so I can get distracted from him and paint a bunch of other random stuff.  I'll need to fish around first for those other Space Hulk Terminators too...vow to be made in a couple of days.

in your case, the vow isn't considered complete until my BA and your BA fight...:whistling:

I, MadGreek, of the proud succesors the Blood Bulls, vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a squad of Sanguinary Guard before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.  I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

Congratulations, Gondow. You're the first to complete a vow. Well done. They look great!:)

You're thereby also the first to add manpower to the defence of Baal. The rest of us are still in transit to the battlefield. :yes:

May The Wings of Sanguinus shield all of you brothers!

I am pledging Blood Angels Assault Squad, Sanguinary Priest and Flesh Teares Terminator Squad to shine in the colors of the Sons of the Angel, and bring eternal glory to the Sanguinus.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge.

The beginning:

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t424/Vorganov/DSC02845_zps33ffa6d5.jpg

Very nice Gondow. I have question for you, I am still not buy myself a Mephiston, becasue I dont like the sculpt, the question is, is it possible to easily switch the hands? Especialy his gloves and plasma pistol?

email reminder of posts to the thread are a good thing, since they reminded me I needed to post pics.

First vow completed: pics here http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/256750-mercs-madness/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3459668

Second vow

I, Xmercx of the Nova Angels (working title for my succesor chapter), vow on the honour of the Primarch Sanguinius and of the Ninth Legion to paint and present a:

1 Drop Pod (my new Dread needs a faster way to get toe to toe)

before the 30th of November. I will present pictures of my progress in this forum.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

Vorganov, The sword arm is a separate part from the elbow, and the pistol shouldn't be too hard to remove.

I, Gondow of the Ninth Legion, vow to paint 5 more Lamenters for my Sternguard unit I painted for a Kill Team event, before 30th of November.

I vow to bear the CARCERES IRA badge in my signature, should I fail to complete my pledge. May Sanguinius guide my paint brush.

There will be pictures, and most probably different shades of yellow due to testing! :D

2013-09-13%252012.18.32.jpg

Loooking good everybody. And welcome to FashaTheDog.:thumbsup:

Gondow may be the first to complete the initial vow but xmercx certainly was close behind and he's now the first to declare his second vow.:laugh.:

We now have two Brothers going on their second vow. Hopefully many will join their ranks in the near future.  

Initial post updated. For The Emperor and The Great Angel!

And lo, the fourteenth day of the Campaign is upon us. Further information of the combat has been revealed as the Librarians study the event's history in greater depth.

The Blood Angels fleet was powerful, but cumbersome, a hallmark of the Imperium many advanced Xenos races such as the Eldar and Necrons knew. Ka'Bandha was going to open a huge warp storm amongst the Astartes ships, and Dante knew there wasn't enough time to relocate. 

He authorised the use of onboard Chapter relics, such as Siege shields from the days of the Great Crusade, many pitted with markings from battle damage during the Siege of Terra. These shields would prove vital in weathering the tidal wave of chaos spawn and daemons that would spill into reality and charge into the Marines' lines without fear or pause.

The Flesh Tearers were one of the first Successor Chapters to heed Dante's rally, and their Strike Cruiser, Curse of Guilt, was nearest to the first tear in reality through which the Daemonic host began to flow. As a gigantic Daemon Prince tore into the cruiser's armoured hide the Marines on board had little time to muster a defence, but the Astartes did what they could.

Those most entrusted with defending the Strike Cruiser were Brother Libelus, a Librarian almost without peer in the Chapter wearing a suit of revered Terminator armour, and a Tactical Squad led by Veteran Sergeant Gondow. Just as the massive talons of the Daemon prince's great hands were piercing the wall of steel in front of them, Gondow bellowed an ultimatum to his Squad.

"Brothers, if we fail here today we shame not only ourselves but our ancestors and Primarch. To admit defeat now is to condemn the brotherhood of Sanguinius unto eternal damnation. Cleanse the unpure, purge the hated and tear the flesh from those unfit to exist in the galaxy which belongs to the Emperor!"

His squad roared in response. "Brothers, we go to war once again!" The Daemon Prince, with one final strike, tore a great rent into the Cruiser's flank, and forced his way through the gap. His burning gaze drilled into Sergeant Gondow's eyes, and the Daemon roared in hatred before leaping forward. But Librarian Libelus had foreseen the arrival of a foe too powerful for mere Bolter fire to fell, and prepared heavier support in advance. Before the Prince could reach the Tactical Marines a Dreadnought threw himself against the foul creature from the side, servos whining as the machine's wicked power talons drove into its corrupt flesh. The daemon roared in anger and turned, its massive hand grabbing the Dreadnought's arm.

"You challenge Mercinus, and you have been found wanting!" The Dreadnought boomed in its impossibly deep vox-amplified voice. Brother Mercinus, known as Merc to his closer brothers, was a famed Furioso Dreadnought of the Nova Angels. With the wings of Sanguinius sprawled across the front of his armoured shell, Mercinus raised the gaping barrel of his Frag Cannon into the face of the Daemon, and let loose a volley of explosive shells. The Daemon's face was torn to bloody shreds, but he was far from defeated, the damage mostly superficial.

With the Daemon distracted, Squad Gondow let loose a hail of Bolter fire into the Daemon's back, supplemented by the squad's Plasma gunner, gouts of superheated energy melting the Daemon's skin. The Librarian strained and focused his mind, creating a beam of pure light glistening in a bloody hue. This lance of blood penetrated the Daemon's spine, crippling him. The spine would fuse together after a few short moments, but in that brief moment, Furioso Mercinus forced his power talons into the Daemon's stomach, reaching the crippled flesh and bone in the Daemon's back. Finding the end of the servered spine, Mercinus closed his grip, and tore the spine from the Daemon's body. It fell limp onto the ground, roaring in pain and anger. Before it could attempt to get back up he stomped down onto its head with his massive armoured foot, crushing its skull to a pulp.

"A fine piece of work," Libelus thought. But this was simply the herald of a far greater challenge. Through the gap in the ship's hull hundreds upon hundreds of lesser daemons surged. Mercinus turned and levelled his Frag Cannon at the oncoming horde. "WE SHALL NOT BE FOUND WANTING!" He boomed, as the cannon roared, spitting death.

//+TRANSMISSION TERMINATED+|

I, Phadeout of the Blood Angels, vow to paint 2 Assault bikes with multi-meltas, before 30th of November.

I'm loving the extra incentive of possibly being immortalised in fan-fiction too!

Must get cracking...

I have a Bolterback and a Stormraven that I need to get to "battle-ready standard" (a minimum of three base colours and a painted base) for my next battle in a month's time. For me, this standard is not a completion of the model, it's merely a stop gap to allow said models to purge the enemies of the Imperium on the battlefield once more.

Do these qualify me for the event? (Basically, I haven't got the time to complete them yet...)

@Phadeout. Welcome into the Angelic Host. :)

I too find that teblin is doing a great job.:tu:

@Jolemai. It's table top standard and fine by me. We're here to get closer to completion, not expecting golden demon standards.