[HH1.0] Night Lords Tactics

Verity

So when it says: if deepstrikes within 6" then doesn't scatter, does that mean that you place 1 model within 6" and then put the rest of them around that one model?

Or does it mean that all deepstriking models (the whole squad) within 6"?

Just the original. The whole squad within 6'' would probably verge on madness haha.

So saying, I'm actually not sure. I know this was a massive point of contention with my friends and myself when I played Daemons, and I know we resolved it to the point where that was what was played. But I can't work out why I believe that...hmm.

Edited by Verity

So for the Nostraman chainglaives - does it say that characters can have it, or just independent characters?

I ask because I want my cataphractii sarge to have one

Character or Independent Character is the wording, so your sarge is good to go!

Anyone know if it's reasonable to expect a chainglaive pack from Forge World?

I know you will find this list familiar verity ;)

*wink wink nudge nudge chuckle chuckle*

I wanted to do something fluffy with having a divination psyker with a jetbike squad and was thinking of the rite of war, but I would need to get a praetor or Sev to unlock (which come out to about the same points anywho). And I didn't have enough points for that extra compulsory slot haha

I look forward to your new list but here's what I came up with while bored inbetween class:

Praetor (170)

+cataphractii armor, switch power weapon for chainglaive (FO FREE!), digi weapons, teleport transponder, trophies of judgement

Librarian (170)

+Lvl 2 divination, force axe, artificer armor, jetbike

10 termies (400)

+ lots of gear, teleport transponder

15 tactical marines (220)

+swap bolters for cc weapons, nuncio vox, sarge with chainglaive

10 tactical marines (150)

+all have just bolters

6 jetbikes (270)

+2 plasma cannons

Raptor squad (300)

+5 chainglaives, 10 guys

Spartan tank (320)

+Flare shield

The plan is to drive up the spartan with the 15 man tac to the heavyist concentration of enemies, then pop out and precision deepstrike the Praetor and termies on the nuncio vox since they dont scatter!!! then use the termies to soften a unit up while the tac charges it, then termies do a next turn charge! muwhahaha

The 6 man jetbikes go with the libby who boosts them and the plasma cannons with rerolls to hit!!! nasty for the plasma so it gets to reroll gets hot. The bikes are also very bulky iirc so count as 21 models in cc to get that talent for murder :biggrin.:

The raptors are there to mop up any trouble makers and plug the line and the 10 man tac is there to capture another objective

Nightlord jet bikes with skulls painted on sounds awesome with maybe blades in the mini wings to decapitate sorry sods while they fly over head would be awesome. Can nightlords have jet bikes with chainglaives?

I think everyone who can get a power weapon can switch it for a chainglaive :D

and yes...thats why I'm getting some!!! They are brutal!

if I had the points then I would do a commandeathstar jetbike squad!!! muwhahahahaha

Ive gone from ferocity to sheer brutality and it feels good...hahaha there is no going back...they have come for me

Nightlord jet bikes with skulls painted on sounds awesome with maybe blades in the mini wings to decapitate sorry sods while they fly over head would be awesome. Can nightlords have jet bikes with chainglaives?

Yes and no. Any character or Independent Characters on a Jetbike who has access to a power weapon can replace the power weapon for the same cost. So if the sergeant can take one, then yes. If your HQ is on a jet bike and he takes one, yes. Can a standard Jetbike trooper take a chainglaive? No.

Oh damn, sorry if anyone mentioned it, but I didn't quite realise that Raptors would all obviously be two models for the purposes of the rule...Only clocked on with the bike thing.

That's pretty awesome to know. The fact that Raptors base and bonus are the same price as normal assault marines is pretty awesome as well.

So when there's more access to the book going around, would anyone be willing to collect and create a little tactica of sorts, with tips and tricks for running a Night Lords legion list? Include a few army lists with strategies (such as depthcharge's list, wonderfully dubbed the "Nostraman Curbstomp".) Put in the best ways to get the full effect of the special rules, etc.

Edited by Verity

Yeah, saw that and then recalled that Jump Infantry are all bulky. Meaning that with Chainglaives, Raptors are likely to be operating with S6, AP3 at initiative...Almost all the time if you play your cards right. On the charge, Onslaught gives them those nice bonus attacks, alongside Hammer of Wrath from being Jump...Just a shame about the whole jump pack tax the Legion Lists have.

EDIT: Must remember, it's only effectively S6 for rolling to wound. Still 5 for ID etc.

Edited by Verity

In my mind:

:HQ:

Praetor of choice/Sevatar/Curze

Consul ML3 (telepathy: really helps the Night Lords tactics, and making invisible Jetbikes/Raptors is fawesome) Jump Pack (going w/raptors) or Jetbike

Command Claw same gear than lord.

:Troops:

3x Mandatory Terror Claws each 10 man strong, 9x chargers, 1x flamer (10x charger if you don't like template weapons :teehee: ). Take melta-bomb just in case. DP if going all out Claw Assault, infiltrate otherwise.

:FA:

Jetbikes. Never used them, but in paper a unit of 5 to 7 (expensive) looks good. Add a chainglaive or mounted IC. Fast, shooty & choppy. Nasty :)

Raptors. Yay, raptors. I think that 10x raptors plus 10x chainglaives is awesomely expensive and choppy. I like that.

:HS:

Only option to me (because I don't like NL being armoured co.): Storm Eagle, but I like to spend points elsewere than in HS.

Just what I have on the top of my head, aka my 2 winged-skulls.

Thanks for the shout out Verity ;)

I ran my list past him and dubbed it the Nostraman curbstomp after shamelessly stealing some of his ideas.

This list is beautiful and pretty much lets the opponent decide how they want to lose lol :P and without spam or shennanigans to boot

I am really looking forward to the synergy between the 15 man tac squad and the 10 man termies plus praetor (though I might switch him back to arty armor with a plas pistol, refractor field, and a few other things.)

I want the tacs to jump out of their spartan (still on the table if in spartan i think to use their vox), but now that I think about it, reserves come first, so I think the termies could land within 6" of the spartan....

anywhoo the termies drop on the nuncio vox and dont scatter and absolutely waste a squad or weaken one for the tacs to overwhelm, then charge next turn to KILL!MAIM!BURN!

The raptors skitch behind the jetbikes to gain a 5+ cover save since the bikes have jink bwahahaha :D and the libby uses reroll for hits and whatever other power he gets to boost the jetbike squad and reroll 2 plasma cannons and 5 HBs.

Raptors clean house and the 10 man squad is there for Shizz&Giggs

15 Raptors count as 30 models. All with D3+1 on the charge. All with hammer of wrath. All totting +1S AP3 Rending

YEAH. BOY

And more than likely carrying around that +1 Wound.

:drool:

Insert vintage batman and robin fight scene with nothing but "pow" "wham" "bash" captions everywhere. Except there's blood. Lots of it. And screaming. And, most importantly, laughter

Edited by Flint13

"Holy bats Batman!!! Its Sevatar!"

"Good thing I brought my anti-bat repellant with me Robin!"

*BAM*

*POW*

*CHAINBRZZZZBRZZZ*

....so when Sevatar was hanging onto that thunderhawk on that ride to the invincible reason....did he go,

"DANNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH NIGHT LORDS!!!!!"

?

"Holy bats Batman!!! Its Sevatar!"

"Good thing I brought my anti-bat repellant with me Robin!"

*BAM*

*POW*

*CHAINBRZZZZBRZZZ*

....so when Sevatar was hanging onto that thunderhawk on that ride to the invincible reason....did he go,

"DANNAHNAHNAHNAHNAH NIGHT LORDS!!!!!"

?

I just LOL'd at that, very loudly and for a long time which is slightly awkward since it's almost midnight and everyone else in the house is in bed