[HH1.0] Word Bearer's Tactics

Brother Keyaetus

I dont think anyone really cares about Objective Secured. People care about the framework and restrictions because it makes a payoff meaningful.

As it stands, OS can be granted with RoW if you follow the restrictions, so that doesnt seem to be the issue. The issue to several of us, is the clown car FoC that GW has created with detachments within detachments, or the complete jumping of the shark that is unbound.

Well, thats the last I'll see of this thread.

Look at it like this Nehekhare. The WB Rite of War requires.

2 HQ's - One of Which is a Chaplain or Centurion, and one of which has Master of the Legion.

1 HQ - Diabolist.

That fills your normal FoC. FW has confirmed to me, that that is the intent, you are consuming your HQ slots for a very specific purpose.

With the 7th edition FOC, you say 'no problem' and just bring in another round of HQ/Troops, while still retaining your allies, in this case Daemons.

7th edition has essentially removed the restrictions intentionally set by FW as a balance and/or flavour mechanism.

Now off to the pits with you thread, I will likely not return. ;)

But you still can't take CD as an allied detachment unless you fulfill the restrictions of the RoW because Chaos Daemons are not part of the AoD allies matrix (nor Legions of the BRB matrix). Only then are you defined as battle brothers to them. The faction simply does not exist in 30k exept for this special case (until FAQ sais otherwise).

I wouldn't care too much about unbound - and you don't have to if your troops have objective secured btw ;) it's more of a narrative tool than competitive.

Alright, new forum smell!

As for that thread, yes you can retain the restrictions, but in 7th FOC, you could also find ways to get another HQ in there, not efficiently but possible, thats my issue.

---

As to the Bearers of the Word, what are you guys doing for Heavy Support?

I'm looking to shift a considerable portion of my list into shooting as I face heavy Mech and with the 7th Smash nerf, my Monsters are not cutting it against the heavy tanks (Spartan, LoW)

Well, considering y'all are the only ones who can take Daemons as Allies (so far), how would the Daemon's heavy support work out for you guys?

I'm not too familiar with Daemons nowadays, so I'll have to admit ignorance here. :sweat:

Heresy Red, its super nice. :wink:

The HS for Daemons is a bit light, and only 1 per army. I'm likely to bring a Daemon Prince to Support my Gal Vorbak eventually.

For now though, Basilisks? Str 9 Ordnance with Contemptor's in Elites?

Regarding Daemons though, I'm finding a squad of Plaguebearers invaluable, and the Greater Daemons (Bloodthirster) pack a mean punch considering there is no ATSKNF to save the squad from being run down.

All fall before the utility of Erebus though, he's the lynchpin of my lists so far.

Edited by Scribe of Khorne

I was actually thinking of Iron Warriors, and the fact you can take 3 Basilik's in a single HS slot for my Rite of War, add to my Breachers and you can see where its heading...Word Bearer Siege List!

• 2 weeks later...

If I wanted to use some admech walkers for my heavy support, like the new bot with the huge mortar, I probably couldn't now if I wanted to have daemons could I?

Unless I took Erebus then I could have a forgemaster right? or is that still not enough to be able to have the automatrons?

What's the best thing to do with Erebus psychic wise, Malefic, Biomancy?

Edited by WoT

Warhammer 40.00, the Rules:

You can include any number and type of Detachments in a Battle-forged army provided

you have sufficient units. Simply select a type of Detachment and organise some or all of

your units so that they fit within the restrictions and limitations detailed on that

particular Detachment.

Warhammer 40.00, the Rules:

You can include any number and type of Detachments in a Battle-forged army provided

you have sufficient units. Simply select a type of Detachment and organise some or all of

your units so that they fit within the restrictions and limitations detailed on that

particular Detachment.

Don't we use the force organisation charts as put down in the HH books?

The whole 40k/Horus Heresy Organisation charts is weird for me, I thought if you're playing a Horus Heresy army you use the charts put down in the HH books, not the 40k organisation chart. If I played using a HH chart with allies it's still the same as an battle forged list isn't it anyway?

How are you guys running your tactical squads - is their a necessity to run them in squads of 20 with leadership being less of an issue with the true believer rule? 

Running in squads of 15 wouldnt be too bad surely or is it the fact that they cost cheaper 'by the dozen'?  or is the extra killing power of the extra 5 just a better deal in comparison to points spent elsewhere ?

true believers - WB units roll 3D6 for morale checks using the lowest 2 results.

I'm deciding whether 2 squads of 15 + support/heavy support squad is better than 2 squads of 20? I have 50 x MkIV of which i may put some with Volkite weaponry but as i want to do a 2.5k list that is competitive what is best tends to matter.

With rules existing in a few chapters that give them a distinct advantage if i'm outnumbered it would avoid that from happening but volkite threats are pretty serious so could give me the edge elsewhere in the complex rock/paper/scissors list i'm building.