Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

Time for a second ETL vow for the Chaos Gods. And still to add to my Flayers too. Though these are an addition to the Iron Warriors Champion that recently joined.

2x Vindicator Siege tanks with Siege Shield, Combi-Bolter, Dirge Caster, and Warpflame Gargoyles.

Now, I don't like the DC you get in the kits so I've use a few of the small beast heads. And Warpflame Gargoyles...well, I've settled for a flame at the top of each cannon and I'll add some glowing runes too.

These will not be to the standard of the Lord but should sit well on the table with him and the rest of the army. So here's how they look after heavy dry brushing of VMA black metal, VMC gun grey, GW mithril silver, VMA chrome, and an all over wash of AP Dark Tone.

med_gallery_29004_10691_857029.jpg

Still to do is:

• add black, turquoise, and purple panels. Though I may do turquoise and black chevrons.
  • pick out trim in tin bitz and bronze
  • paint tracks charadon granite
  • add any transfers
  • sponge chip with black to look like pitting and dents
  • use washes to build up grease and oil
  • dust up with pigments, and any soot
  • paint glowing runes, flames, and any osl from the flames

So as you see, I'm not cutting corners but using a different approach. I let you know how it goes :thanks: :tu:

Update time...

I finished the Vindicators a few days back and did them...wait for it...at a more gaming standard than my usual fussy painting. Though they've still had weathering added using sponge chipping and pigments.

med_gallery_29004_10691_111207.jpg

med_gallery_29004_10691_451890.jpg

So after that "why aren't they as tempting as my usual standard" bombshell, it's time for a third (yes, third..I'm surprised at it too) ETL vow. And what have I put forward this time.....

+++VOW #3+++

Chaos Lord in Terminator Armour with the Burning Brand, Black Mace, VotLW, MoN, Sigil of Corruption, and Combat Familiar (don't think I've forgotten anything.

But...it's not going to be a gaming miniature but a display piece on a plinth and I'll aim to post a full step by step in my Work in Progress topic as it wont be part of my Divine Flayers. Link is in my signature :tu:

That lord is so awesome I don't even want to look at my own models... :P

Don't forget how long it took. Or that it took me three tries to create one I was happy with.

That lord is so awesome I don't even want to look at my own models... tongue.png

Don't forget how long it took. Or that it took me three tries to create one I was happy with.

Yeah, I have a project myself I'm going to undertake when my bits come in the mail...it's going to take forever...

I'll just hope that it will be as awesome as this. :)

Ah sweet! I've been waiting for another large vehicle out of you ever since the super heavy!

They better look like wacky, mobile disco clubs when you're done :D

Ah sweet! I've been waiting for another large vehicle out of you ever since the super heavy!

They better look like wacky, mobile disco clubs when you're done :D

Sorry to disappoint you but they're finished. I do have a third to do at some point, and Rhinos too.

Finish lord & vindicators tanks look really cool Forte.  What model will you be useing as the base for your Nurgle display lord?  I rememeber you use the fantasy Nurgle Lord for the secret santa that was happen on the forum last year.

This is going to be built from the standard Chaos Terminator Lord. I need to build up the thighs as they look skinny. Think I'll break the chest plate to give space for a distended gut too. Got an Imperial TDA heavy flamer to convert and a black mace to try and build too.

Archived