Forté's Slaanesh minis. Inc. Divine Flayers.

Forté

ahhh, got all excited then thinking there was new pikkys... :'(

There will be. I'm painting at the moment. Mostly bases though (sorry).

+++ETL3 UPDATE 4+++

Finally got my act together to get the brushes wet after a few too many over tired nights (and painting with tired eyes is always a great idea). Mostly drybrushing which I always find quite fun when being done on large areas. So here's the pics.

med_gallery_29004_9523_456246.jpg

Now, I don't know why I always try to get the bases done first these days. Used to always leave till last. The greys are done so it's just picking out the details really. And painting the unfortunate Black Templar too msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_29004_9523_249241.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_301762.jpg

Forgefiend starting to take shape. Some drybrushing with VMC Black Grey, Dark Blue Grey, and VGC Bone/metallic medium before picking out the metal areas with VMC Gunmetal Grey. Next will be fun with washes to smooth it out and add an unnatural feel to it all.

med_gallery_29004_9523_85255.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_26357.jpg

More work on the shadows. Most of which don't seem to show in the pictures (typically) but still a long way to go.

med_gallery_29004_9523_77772.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_68464.jpg

And shadows started on the little fella too.

Overall I'm happy with the direction these are going but do realise I have a lot to do if I'm going to finish them b the end of May so I can start the next bits.

Cheers for your time and good luck with your own vows thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

You've inspired me to do a sub-cult of the Severed Angels with those flayed faces all over their armour. Beautiful, idiosyncratic looking force.

Always a good thing to hear. Look forward to seeing them and have fun :tu:

Welcome back B&C (thank you Brother Argos).

Bit of a frustrating night all round really. No B&C, decided I didn't like how the shading on the sorcerers cape was going, and after sitting down and getting into a nice flow...a fuse blew in one of my lamps furious.gifcensored.gifwallbash.gif So here's where I got to (which isn't a huge change really):

+++ETL3 UPDATE 5+++

Sorcerer

med_gallery_29004_9523_119002.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_23321.jpg

You can just about see the shading on the robes but I need to work on those a bit more in the deepest areas. The cape needed to be taken back to the base but has had it's first glaze. Think I need to get a skin colour on the head too. Mainly to get rid of the white blobs yes.gif

His little friend is fully shaded and ready for highlighting

med_gallery_29004_9523_43428.jpg

Forgefiend

Gave the biomechanical areas a purple wash and the went over the metal parts with some old armour wash. Should be ready for highlights now.

med_gallery_29004_9523_59429.jpg

med_gallery_29004_9523_163610.jpg

And some more work on his dinner too

med_gallery_29004_9523_203073.jpg

And that was all I got done really....well....there was a bit of building, but nothing important

med_gallery_29004_9523_208974.jpg

Just got to finish building that and take the mini drill to it for some true damage. And to deface the Aquilas.

Lastly, for those of you painting for Chaos. This is the other area that's been taking a little time

gallery_29004_9303_633928.png

Anyone can add the following to a post in the original ETL3 Realms of Chaos Strategium thread

I offer my soul to the Gods of Chaos right now!

By the time the E Tenebrae Lux challenge ends on August 1st I will double the points I have pledged in my first oath and crush the dogs of the Imperium!

There's even some little trinkets which will be yours if you complete.

So, as ever. Thank you for looking, good luck with your vows (unless you're a Black Templar whoops.gif ) thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

Welcome back after technical hitches (well done Brother Argos for getting us up and running again).

+++E TENEBRAE LUX UPDATE 5/6+++

Had a couple of sessions since the last update. One a bit more successful, but you'll see that below.

So, on to the first session for starters.

med_gallery_29004_9523_25628.jpg

Base is done. Familiar is a nice pink (colour in the picture looks quite washed out. Need to check my phone settings), face is pink too, highlighting started on the robes, and cape restarted as I wasn't happy with the shading.

med_gallery_29004_9523_90820.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_34418.jpg

My first ever Black Templar (well, half). First time using Vallejo Decal Medium too. Think I need to invest in some Decal Fix too but I'm still happy with the result.

Then before session 2...my five year old got a good shot with a Nerf gun!

So, the staff got snapped! I was...shall we say, a little annoyed. It wouldn't glue flush and I couldn't sculpt stitched skin round it as the break kept coming apart (I have pinned it too) so he now looks like this

med_gallery_29004_9523_57791.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_394447.jpg

That will be painted as more flesh but with runes on.

I really wasn't in the mood to paint so I thought I'd carry on with the Stormsword construction and got this far

med_gallery_29004_9523_251839.jpg

And then my poly cement ran out furious.gif So not a good day really.

Hopefully I'll get more painting done next time as Mr Forgefiend is starting to look a little left out and colourless.

Thank you for looking. Next time I'll remember to crop my pics too. And if you're with Chaos, don't forget to make your Soul Vow thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

+++ETL3 UPDATE 7+++

Got some more painting done tonight. More focusing on the Forgefiend to try and get some colour going. Once the highlights and trim go into place it'll look much better I'm sure.

med_gallery_29004_9523_330124.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_230581.jpg

Still loads to do but heading the right way. Got to work out where to add some garish crazy stuff and the forearm plates may get that treatment.

med_gallery_29004_9523_142116.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_81998.jpg

Had to do some work on him. Mainly shading the face and backpack. Basecoats on some flesh areas and the staff too. Just to keep things moving.

I'll have a look at my phones camera settings as I don't like the pics it's taking so I'll play with the settings. Hopefully get some less washed out photos next time.

Cheers for popping by. C&C greatly received thanks.gif thumbsup.gif

Looking ace! Now, seeing the face with paint on it...that head looks perfect for a slaaneshi sorcerer!

Cheers. I'm almost tempted to do the eyes black too.

woah What happened ? yesterday you were just layer and know it looks like a jump in a warp later

Excellent choice with the head (where is it from again ? :D) 

He actually look quite big as any SM should

very cooll

woah What happened ? yesterday you were just layer and know it looks like a jump in a warp later

Excellent choice with the head (where is it from again ? :D)

He actually look quite big as any SM should

very cooll

Still so much to do on him though. Glad I got some paint on the head though. It was putting me off with the white bits. The head is from the Chaos Champion kit btw.

You should note of many time people asked you for "where the head from",

:D 

Got you on this one  :D

It was to prevent any gun barrel that I might omit to drill :D

Even if I was (past sentence since I haven´t painted anything in a decade) never able to do it I think that putting the base color on all the mini really helps to balance the colors and most of all gives you an idea of the final product and prevent the frustration you felt. For me sometimes the mini would be looking good only when the edges of the base would be properly painted. 

Some painters start all their models by finishing completely the head before starting the rest. They say it helps them to create the character of the mini and might prevent the frustration or motivate you. 

don´t know.

It actually terrifies me to take the risk of  accidentally touch the head with my loaded brush while painting the rest of the mini and ruin my paint job.

anyway, always great to see your progresses and your bold color choices !!!

Wow, some great work there Forte!

Im always impressed by the way your colour choices compliment the minis, especially a sit looks like you have those paint schemes in mind when you make them.

Youve managed to convince me the mutation sprue is worth using, the claw arm one was my most hated piece but you made it look amazing with simple colour contrast.

Im looking forward to seeing what else you make. Im thinking of using some 30k outrider bikes and keeping them sleek and having some really far out Slaaneshis riding them.

Oh, and the blastmaster is gorgeous, ill buy 8.

@Darth Mustard. I usually painting from the deepest parts to the highest so base coating the whole thing for me is almost a return to how I learnt from GW painting guides back in the '90s.

@Strazhakov. Steal away. You do need to remove quite a bit to make the head fit but it's well worth it.

@emperors immortals. Cheers. I do always try to plan out the basic colour areas when I paint. And it doesn't always work. Trial and error often comes into it too and I've had loads of uncompleted figures over the years.

The claw is from the Possessed kit which has some excellent bits (and a few duff ones) and mixes too well with marine parts.

The 30k bikes are quality. I've already started building a Stormsword to do next. Still need to do some Noise Marines (and finish the Blastmaster). And I have some non-Slaanesh, non-bright coloured things in mind too. Just as a break. I also have things from other games and companies which are trying to get me to paint them so there's plenty coming.

+++ ETL3 UPDATE 8 +++

Woo hoo...update time. And with slightly better quality pics msn-wink.gif

First up, Mr smiley
med_gallery_29004_9523_50246.jpg
The white is nearly done but plenty more work needed.

And now the fiend
med_gallery_29004_9523_246612.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_244812.jpg
med_gallery_29004_9523_243775.jpgmed_gallery_29004_9523_100088.jpg
Much more colour on the Forgefiend but still more needed. For a change msn-wink.gif

Not even going to guess at how much longer these will take but hopefully they'll be done by mid June.

Cheers for looking. C&C greatly received thanks.gifthumbsup.gif

I can't decide if your paint style is stunningly beautiful or beautifully stunning. Even the bases complement the models and make them look slightly... ethereal? Ghostly? I'm not sure what it is. Forte, would you be so kind as to post some pics of all your Slaaneshi models? 

@Augustus. I'll do that after the ETL. I do have a thread in the Hall of Honours for my completed stuff. Which is basically everything I've finished from this thread.

Problem I have now is I have an urge to try a small display piece on a socket instead of a base. But it won't be in power armour or even 40k so I'll have to find somewhere else to post that one. Not that I don't have other 40k Chaos stuff in mind too. Lord, Noise Marines, Cultists, and Possessed spring to mind. And the Stormsword, Khârn, Charcharodon kill team, 30k Night Lords... Time and funding is never enough is it ;)

Archived