Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

++Augustus' thread/ HUUUUGE berzerkers! p240

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
6000 replies to this topic

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,263 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

Wow, those helmets make the scouts look so much better.

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

K0rtmer

K0rtmer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 762 posts
Gasp. That Deredeo dreadnought is pure awesomeness. The posing but itself is extremely well done, very dynamic and characterful, but what you managed to pull off with those oversized ammo belts is beyond words. You're a great artist, good sir. I salute you.
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this

— Visit K0rtmer's echo chamber: slow-burn, random projects, Death Guard, Space Crusade. You know, hobby butterfly. 

gallery_80057_10843_8937.jpg

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Scouts with helmets instead of their ugly heads ... thumbsup.gif

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,076 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

@ShVagYer: Oh really? I actually really like the spiky head. You see, I've always imagined the Imperial Fists to be based on the German Empire. In that regard, the spiky helmet is super fluffy! Incidentally, did you know that in Dutch sign language, the signal for 'German' is a clenched fist, with the index finger pointing upwards, the stem of the index finger pressed high against the forehead? It mimics the WWI spiky helmets! I've always found that incredibly funny.... biggrin.png

@Quixus: I know right? They suddenly become this special ops team.

@Brother Kortmer: Thank you! I always strive to get the most out of models pose-wise, so I'm super glad it came across. Thank you for the humbling compliment smile.png

@Atia: INDEED!

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 21 September 2015 - 03:28 PM.

ShVagYeR

ShVagYeR

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 430 posts

Wow I didn't know that. I guess pickelhauben are kinda iconic and one of the first things that you think of when you hear the word "German". I understand your justification and your choice. :)

ultrassig.pngwhitescarssig.pnggallery_45765_11559_3638.pngbatllemuster2.PNGgallery_29004_10383_9517.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_7614_2623.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_29004_10383_212.png

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,945 posts
  • Faction: 7th Terran Regiment

Imperial Fist culture is heavily based on the German Empire and Prussia, the spiked helmet is the perfect representation of that. I considered it for my 30K fists, but decided against it when the DG had it added to their look. 

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,076 posts

Yeah, it´s a shame the Death Guard kinda stole the idea, it´d have been much more apppropriate for the IFs - especially since the Death Guard seem to be recruited from North-Western Europaeian Old Albia. 

Anyway.

I did some work on the IF scouts. Most of the base colours have bene layed down. I went for a mostly black armour, with the Shoulder guards, Helmets and the fists themselves being the iconic yellow colour of the Legion. The chest aquillas and the bolters will be red - so I'm a bit torn what colour to do the cables - red or black??

Advice or ideas welcome. 

temporary_zpseqci7i3l.jpg

• Kizzdougs and Armond like this

Armond

Armond

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,328 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords and Executioners

Steady as she goes!  Keep it up, progress is always great to see from you.  Always a treat to see what you put out!

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

Sneak like a cat, sting like a bumblebee. biggrin.png

• Dosjetka likes this

geektom

geektom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,071 posts
  • Faction: Storm Brothers

That's an awesome idea for a head swap, though imho they could do without that silly world war one-style spike on the helmet. msn-wink.gif The ones without that look much better.

I agree-- love the ones without the spike.

Come visit the WIP thread of my White Scars Successor Chapter, the Storm Brothers:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281932-new-army-blog-storm-brothers/

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,543 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

If there was 5 of the beret scion head I'd make an all scout army immediately 

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Those helmets looks great, Augustus, nice idea. I'm quite fond of the dark scheme your'e going for, can't wait to see 'em finished. Also, love the bases you've gone with.

Tyrius_Of_Baal

Tyrius_Of_Baal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 21 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Looking awesome buddy smile.png

Quotes:

"Three Legions of Marines stand to defend you, sire. All of us will unflinchingly place ourselves between you and the war’s desolation. We are the greatest humans ever born – we are the flame of Humanity where the rest of the galaxy is just the spark. In centuries of warfare, against the vileness of the alien, the lies of the heretic, the foulness of the mutant, I have never known fear – but your silence terrifies me."

"For The Emperor & Sanguinius"

gallery_88350_11342_7206.jpggallery_88350_11342_8174.jpggallery_88350_11342_9956.jpg

hushrong

hushrong

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,483 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors
The armor is looking snazzy! I also like the headlights too as they look more proper for the gothic setting.

I would like to found out where they are from for a bike or two.

Black Legion: The Fire Rises

Dornian Heresy: Iron Hands Raiders

Alpha Legion: The Heads of the Hydra Strike

Emperor's Children: Cult of Golden Tears

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,076 posts

Aaaaand scouts done. Yay! Despite the hate they get, I really enjoyed painting these. The yellow turned out a little too bright - and unfortunately the Legion symbol tranfers that are on eht standard transfer sheet are WAY too big for the shoulder pads. So I didn't do them. I'm currently considering whether or not I have the skills and the patience to freehand them...

Anyway, here they are!

All angle shots of all the scouts individually±

Bolter scout:

4%201_zpsoqeqqjru.jpg

Bolter scout:

3%201_zpslgfmpi7w.jpg

Missile scout:

6%201_zps4xsa11gt.jpg

Bolter scout:

1%201_zpsedzgfwxm.jpg

Sergeant:

2%201_zpsbnayhfao.jpg

And the entire squad together:

WP_20150925_021_zpsr3fty1kt.jpg

I really like how they turned out -despite the transfer problem Also, the gubbins you get with them, like grenades and pouches and rope, give them really nice detail - and a very hands-on, pracgmatic look. 

Thanks for loking and let me know what you think of them!

Replies:

@Armond: Cheers buddy! Always nice to read your comments. smile.png

@KotR: Haha indeed. The colour scheme fits, right!?

@geektom: Haha well, I like the picklehauben! I love it's WWI imagery!

@SkimaskMohawk: There are 5 of the beret scion heads!!! :) There's even 9 different ones and they all come in the kit. So I guess you have your all-scout-army-work cut out for you! http://www.bitsandki...c-6_54_892.html

@Tarvick: Cheers mate! What do you think of the finished ones?? 

@Tyrius_Of_Baal: Thanks 2u2 buddy! smile.png

@hushrong: Reading your comment first made me go "Headlights? What headlights?" Then I figured you're probably talking about the Night Lords Predator Annihilator with the baneblade lights - which feels like ages ago but come to think of it was only a couple months back. Thanks!

Edit: Punctuation.

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 26 September 2015 - 08:19 PM.

• Noserenda, Kisada, Kizzdougs and 5 others like this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

love the scouts ^_^

the helmets make them indeed thousand times better :D

thumbsup.gif

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,543 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion

Woops, I meant the beret with faceplate head

Awesome job friend :)

Kisada

Kisada

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 904 posts
  • Faction: Black Templar

Damn ... gonna have to check out some bits sites or ebay now ... those scout heads are 1000% better than the ones they come with

Signature not compliant with forum rules.
QUOTE (Nobu @ Feb 1 2012, 01:38 AM) [url=index.php?act=findpost&pid=2982745]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/url]
We'll crusade them so hard they'll die to death.

[img=http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_VI_Banner_02_Oathbraker_.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_6916/gallery_38474_6916_6036.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12908/gallery_45765_12908_58195.png][img=http://i.imgur.com/CdLHFYf.jpg][img=http://image.bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_11559/gallery_45765_11559_3638.png]

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,192 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Very nice! The scouts turned out really well :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Knight of the Raven

Knight of the Raven

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,688 posts

Lovely scouts!

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

These are excellent -- such an easy, yet brilliant kitbashing idea. You've given me some very cool inspiration for a couple of Inquisitorial spec ops troopers, you know ;)

Oh, and as for that bit of a stylised gesture for a Pickelhaube being the "official" gesture for Germany, it's the exact same thing in German sign language as well. I guess zat's just ze way we roll, ja? ;)

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,076 posts

Thanks everyone for liking the scouts. :) With them finished, I really need to start working on at least one of my six units I vowed for Call of Chaos. So I'm going to work on the Chaos Lord with an IF Deredeo on its base. The one with the awesome bare ammo feeds.

As explained in a previous post, a couple pages back, I had to extent the ammo hoppers on both the guns and the magazines on the dread's back. I'm still working on the magazines. I managed to extend the hoppers on the guns themselves, however, using some plasticard and some good 'ol greenstuff. 

temporary_zpsu3ij3plq.jpg

They now are long enough to be able to fit the miniature NATO magazines.

temporary_zps79cr6nnb.jpg

What do you think? Good enough?

Replies:

@Atia: thanks! Yeah, but that's easy, because the regular scout heads are just astonishingly ugly. ;)

@SkimaskMohawk: Oh, I see. Yeah, that facemasked beret head is also pretty cool. I might try to get my hand on one for one of the other two scout squads I plan on building. 

@Kisada: Here's a great site.

@kizzdougs: Thank you KD! Glad to see you commenting again :)

@KrautScientist: Hey buddy! Super glad you're back! I'm looking forward to those spec ops inquisitotial henchmen. And good to see our native languages are also alike in the sign variant. ;)

• Midnightmare likes this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Do they fit?, it is kind of hard to tell from that picture alone.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Quixus

Quixus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,263 posts
  • Faction: To be decided later

And here's another one. Speaking of great sites, where does the beautiful ammo belt come from?

gallery_48988_16308_29741.pngsml_gallery_48988_16308_4210.png

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,076 posts

Do they fit?, it is kind of hard to tell from that picture alone.

Well, the length of the bullet is shorter than the length of the hopper itself. The rectangular hole is just a mm short. It was impossible to leghten the hopper any further, and seeing as the holes of both the hopper and the magazine will be facing downward, I think I can pull off the illusion that the bullets fit. :tu:

And here's another one. Speaking of great sites, where does the beautiful ammo belt come from?
Ah, thanks! I linked to the ammo belt website a couple pages back. There's a picture in the post, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it. :tu:

Edited by Augustus b'Raass, 28 September 2015 - 08:21 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2), Bing (5)