Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Augustus' thread// Started THIRD World Eater Army p235

Night Lords Airbrush Plasticard Chain Greenstuff Augustus bRaass Augustus bRaass Raass

• Please log in to reply
5889 replies to this topic

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

The Skull Champion is finished, along with another two-handed axe dude, of which I haven't even shown you the WIP pics. With this, my first squad of World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers is finished, and I can somewhat begin to justify that reddish Lord of Skulls in my sea of blue Night Lords.

So here's the Skull Champion, named Arekh Haar. I decided to not do do the blade of his power axe in blue but just stick to the regular metal colour. The axe's size is enough to justify that AP3, I believe! ;)

Berzerker%208_zpsq3h6wmci.jpg

And then there's the last of the eight berzerkers in Squat Haar. I love the helmet of this guy, wherein his face is visible through a damaged bit over his right eye. 

Berzerker%207_zpsf2qvjets.jpg

Hope you like, and as always: feedback more than welcome. :D :tu:

Replies:

@KrautScientist: I know right? That head is just too good to pass up. I regularly scour bits sites just looking for it. I will take your encouragement under 'advisement', meaning I will most definitely think about doing another daemon engine. You have given me the idea of making my own blood slaughterer... which might even feature the ogre gut plate ;)

@Midnight Runner: Haha thanks mate! Seven foot psycho was what I was going for!

@sockwithaticket: Cheers mate. Hahah yeah he might be compensating for something? I agree about the group shots. I'll take one of the whole bunch soon, 

@Elduderino: That's a wonderful looking Khorne champ and those ears look the part. I understand that the pads might get in the way though - which is why I'll prolly stick to the FW khornate termies...  And I agree with KrautScientist that you should finish him! FINISH HIM!!

@Atia: Trophies are the best aren't they?

@AlanofAngels: Yeah the chaos warrior torsos make him bigger, no?Try this for chains: http://www.modelling...s.co.uk/19.html

@Paerson73: It is! Ask Kraut where he's from, I have no idea...

@MrBear: Well thanks! I love doing them so far, so I'll keep this up for a while. Perhaps until the ETL, after which I have several predators to finish. And don't you dare sway completely off the path of the VIII, as I sure won;t ;)

@Tarvick: Aha! I checked and the axe is from the gorebeast chariot! 

• daemonclaw, Forté, Xavier Targhost and 8 others like this

Atia

Atia

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,369 posts
  • Faction: The Horus Heresy

Awesome! what did you use for their back-pack trophies?

Get your daily news, rumours and hobby stuff  http://war-of-sigmar.herokuapp.com/

My WIP Thread (30k, Kill Team, Necromunda and ADEPTUS TITANICUS!)

gallery_29004_10383_126.pngL_T_2_2016_Badge_09_Delegatus.jpgsml_gallery_29004_12090_760.pngETL_2016_Badge_10_Badge_of_the_Artificergallery_29004_10383_2014.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_01f.gifCall_of_Chaos_10_Medal_01f.gifgallery_29004_9303_10186.pnggallery_29004_15471_5616.pnggallery_48988_15151_1164.pnggallery_48988_15151_6604.png

>> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? <<

KrautScientist

KrautScientist

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,879 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters

Bautiful. Simply beautiful!

Dragonlover

Dragonlover

++ PATRIS ANGUIGENA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,144 posts
  • Faction: Stygian Lords

Arekh is the bomb dude. Is the axe on his squadmate a kitbash?

@Atia: looks like one of the backpacks that comes in the Chaos Marine box. Either that or Possessed.

Dragonlover

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts

@Atia: Yay! The backpack is simply the champion backpack from the normal CSM box, with two Secret Weapon Sack 'o Skulls skulls on a 1mm steel carpenter's nail. 

@KrautScientist: Thanks man. Also thanks for all your encouragement :D

@Dragonlover: Cheers! The axe is a FW chainaxe axe head on a space wolves' two-handed power axe's haft. :tu:

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords Legion
Would be AP 2, must question the usefulness of the one chaps helmet :P excellent champion model, really looks brutal, lovely paint job, wicked cool
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Damn fine work Augustus. Any chance we can get a whole squad photo?

-Tarvick

AlanofAngels

AlanofAngels

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

Awesome link for the chains, man! Thanks! Those guys look excellent with some paint on 'em; I actually think I like the normal 'zerker the most, with that awesome pose, about ready to lop off the head of some unfortunate emperor lackey tongue.png I've always had a soft spot for that helmet too, the one with the big chunk of faceplate missing. 

Night Lords (Current)

Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion

gallery_47732_9950_12581.jpg friday-award.png  gallery_29004_9303_6178.png Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngNight%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.png

"If every time the populace gazes toward the night sky and thinks of us, that is the purest victory of all. Fear. And it lasts forever."

-Raptor Captain Delantyr Orion, Night Lords XCl 'Tenebrous Winter' Company

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

He looks great, and that axe looks sweet on him.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts

A picture of the entire squad of World Eaters Khorne Berzerkers... 

Berzerkers%201-8_zpskylhtyc1.jpg

Hope you like!

I'm already working on several more - and scavenging MkIII legs off of pre-airbrush Khorne Berzerkers for my old Word Bearers... 

@helterskelter: allright, AP2. But will it ba a counts-as power fist then? The helmet is there for cosmetic reasons only ;)

@Tarvick: your wish is my command! Here ya go!

@AlanofAngels: yup, he's my fave too. The champion is pretty cool, but the busted up helmet just gives this guy soo much character :D

@Noctem Cultor: thanks! I don;t mean to sound douchy, but which axe? ;)

• EdT, Hrolf the Cunning, firestorm40k and 12 others like this

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

@helterskelter: allright, AP2. But will it ba a counts-as power fist then? The helmet is there for cosmetic reasons only msn-wink.gif

I think he mentioned it because power axes are +1 STR, AP2 Unwieldy.

Also, those bunch look great all assembled together.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,725 posts
  • Faction: Word Bearers, Adeptus Custodes

Some how I feel I had an influence on these here Berzerkers. :D

They look great, Augustus, truly. 

"Dawn Cometh!"

Dawn Cometh – A Word Bearers Log | Noctus Cornix – My Instagram

To the Bitter End – The Badab War | NCornix – My Twitter               

daemonclaw

daemonclaw

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,380 posts

some fine looking zerkers there .they do look so right on FW legs as it balances out the look

and very nice posing 

i am the itch in the roof of your mouth,i am the sting of the icecream headache. i am the chill down the nape of your neck and the breathing in the shadows. i am chaos
DAEMONWORKS
http://www.bolterand...ules-and-alphas

THE TRUE WORD
]http://www.bolterand...-the-true-word/[/url]

chaplain mortis

chaplain mortis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 951 posts
What DC said▲▲▲▲▲!

Looking sweet Raass!!
Signature non-compliant due to photobucket...
Hidden Content

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
The entire squad is amazing. The Skull champion especially so.

Oh and the Icon Bearer has helped solve a problem I was having with my a Word Bearer Icon/Vexilia guy. It's the feel of reverence I was finding hard to get, and you have done it very simply.

MrBear

MrBear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 596 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Sons of Horus

That Skull champion looks sharp mate (pun kind of intended). The 47th better watch out so that they don't become an offering to the Blood God msn-wink.gif

Don't worry about my guys though, I have too fun working with them to give them up. Besides, I haven't got much of a clue what legion to paint either tongue.png

Edited by MrBear, 03 February 2015 - 07:20 AM.

• Augustus b'Raass likes this

Noctem Cultor

Noctem Cultor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,031 posts

@B'Raass

I see your point that squads packing axes. The Champions axe, it makes the others look like playthings.

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,838 posts
  • Faction: Crimson fists and a small amount of Imperial fits
These are some fantastic looking models and poses brother
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,039 posts

Ok, so after a month-long stint at painting red, I really need my blue fix ( - although don't worry, he who shall not be named but hails from the lands of Jhermani, I'll get right back at them once this is finished). It's the most depressing of the lot, he who oozes grimdark, the guy that goes "BOO" in the night. The reason I'm painting this guy now and not waiting for the ETL for him is because as a Chaos player I cannot vow this model as the Night Haunter himself, but would have to proxy him as a daemon prince, which would require me to give him a mark and think of some wargear and that all would feel too wrong for this model. So here I am painting him in February.

Damn I really like the model - but does anyone else who did him feel like he's out of balance somehow? It kinda feels like he shouldn't balance like this. Weird. I do see that it needs another soapy brush job, because the glint shows that there's still some mold-release agent. 

WP_20150203_0011_zpsqh8xl6pm.jpg

Replies!

@Teetengee: Hey man! Glad you came by. And thanks - I had no idea power axes are that good biggrin.png

@Noctus Cornix: You must've had, sir! msn-wink.gif

@daemonclaw: Thanks mate, yeah the MkIII legs just give them that punch, mass-wise? 

@chaplain mortis: Well then what I said ^^^ msn-wink.gif Cheers Chaplain!

@The Hydra: Thanks mate. Notice that I skewed the icon bearer's head a little to the right, so that he's fully enthralled by it? I'm interested to see yours and will stop by your WIP. thumbsup.gif

@MrBear: Haha well they won't. Perhaps Curze is here to counter that plan. 

@Noctem Cultor: Yeah axes are awesome! Way cooler than those flimsy swords... Oh wait no they're not. But I did watch both seasons of Vikings during Christmas and I'm kinda stoked about axes right now. msn-wink.gif

@Grizzly_bear: cheers brother! Glad you like them!

• GrandMagnus likes this

Forté

Forté

+ + OBLECTAMEN SACRISTAN ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,390 posts
  • Faction: Divine Flayers
It's a very Manga action pose but I like it (and will hopefully paint one this year too). Be good to see this in your style :tu:

gallery_29004_9303_17868.pnggallery_29004_9303_708.pnggallery_29004_9303_27433.pnggallery_29004_10691_328.pnggallery_29004_10691_4210.png

Click on the images above for the different thread links

My Putty & Paint gallery

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,977 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Blood Angels

World Eaters look great man! Looking forward to Curze, I've been planning my build of him as well :)

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

Tanhausen

Tanhausen

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,353 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, Astra Militarum

@TanHausen: Duuude! As a jab at your failure to send me a termie to put on my titan's base (after your vow during last year's ETL), I decorated the champ with a nice DA helmet. msn-wink.gif

Nice detail on the helmet ;) You'll always be my favourite Night Haunter (yes, primarch naming intended :P)

BTW, I'm just starting my first FW project (a dread chaplain) and I want to do a mini-diorama on the base.

Don't mean to hijack your thread, so please have a look here, it would be much appreciated :)

Herald of DA fun, vocal supporter of proper manners and fostering enjoyment!

2015 Projects - FW Dreadnought Chaplain WIP Painting a Hellbrute just for fun

ETL_03_Custos_Fidei_Vow_01.jpgETL_2013_03_Custos_Fidei_01.jpg

Flint13

Flint13

++ GLACIES FORTIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,704 posts
  • Faction: World Eaters XII
Oh my gosh, I'm so glad it isn't just me!

Kurze is totally a little tilty in a way that isn't obviously apparent from the FW photos, right?

Oh, so I totes just got my Night Haunter too... Surprise! :D
  • Augustus b'Raass likes this
"You roared your defiance, now scream your regret." ~Jhadek Redcrow
"NOTICE ME Khârn-SENPAI!"

1NhkqVK.pngwe_badge01_100x100_flint.pngBowVersion2_zps24c06b20.png92FgJOl.pnggallery_70393_10089_12589.pnggallery_29004_9303_1337.png

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
I've got Kurze on the way to but I am doing something different with mine. Something much different.

Trysanna

Trysanna

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 828 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Ultramarines

Very much looking forward to seeing you paint up some more Midnight Clad, especially the Primarch. 

-Tarvick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Night Lords, Airbrush, Plasticard, Chain, Greenstuff, Augustus bRaass, Augustus, bRaass, Raass

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (3)