Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fanthology -- Lots of work yet to do.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
122 replies to this topic

MasterHQ

MasterHQ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
When we get the approved list finished I may request your full piece. But that is some weeks down the road. We also dont want 19 10k word stories, more for our sake editing than anything. I will let you know.

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

I have no experience of it but somehow I feel like a cheerleader waiting to see if i made the squad... I may need to get out more.

" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

NomadPainting

NomadPainting

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,901 posts

When we get the approved list finished I may request your full piece. But that is some weeks down the road. We also dont want 19 10k word stories, more for our sake editing than anything. I will let you know.

That's entirely understandable my friend, I'm happy for it to stay at the 3k, I just don't know how the end paragraphs come off to someone else. 

++ Vis Sanctimonia ++

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

I didn't think it was too abrupt, honestly. And either way, we'll have plenty of time for additional drafts so if that's something that needs to be addressed, we'll have a chance to do so. :D 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

++ victorus aut mortis ++

Follow me on Twitter @linguartisan for pics and banter.

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,923 posts

Happy to help!  I'll be out of town for the next week on vacation, so don't think that I'm ignoring any PMs or tags during that time!  I simply won't see them.  msn-wink.gif

Edited by CommodusXIII, 13 June 2014 - 01:45 AM.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

Do not suffer your zeal for the Chapter to lead you into argument with others.

CHXaGsb.png1cuUYGd.pnglM6PBhp.pngqYWJ4yS.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

Sanguine_Knight

Sanguine_Knight

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 183 posts

I have no experience of it but somehow I feel like a cheerleader waiting to see if i made the squad... I may need to get out more.

I agree!

I'm stoked to see how this turns out even if i don't make the cut.

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Just checking in to let you know I'm still cranking away on reading the submissions. I appreciate your patience, as we all have day jobs that sometimes turn into night jobs as well. :D 

gallery_74115_9011_2349.pngtn_gallery_74115_9313_33227.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_9491.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_110464.png gallery_74115_9011_12025.pngtn_gallery_74115_9011_3499.png

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Fair enough. 

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

helterskelter

helterskelter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,576 posts
Give me something to proof yo :P
gallery_48988_10980_7442.png

My referal code for eternal crusade:EC-MHXKY9RLYIIEH

MasterHQ

MasterHQ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
Soon helterskelter. Jeff and I are still reading subs. Then once we have an approved list we go to first/next draft and then peer review.

Deus Imperator Vult

Deus Imperator Vult

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 567 posts

EDIT: Added Vult to the list. His email got screwed up the first time around. Also, thanks, Ludo, for putting them in order. biggrin.png

Gratitude brother glad the hear the resend made it through. Hope you're enjoying the reading rather than cursing us all for the weight of words. So are we introducing ourselves here? Like Hi, I'm Deus and I abhor the witch aha anyway looking forward to working with you all.

"I am The Emperor's will made manifest!"

Apologies for any spelling errors I am cursed with dyslexia.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

Phew! I up there! Massively exciting for me personally. I hope I make it into the final text. Anyway, I cannot wait to meet everyone and discuss our stories! 

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Okay. The reading and commenting phase is drawing to a close. I've given everything a good read, as has MasterHQ. I'll be conferring with him and then we'll start contacting the writers and setting up initial feedback sessions. 

First impressions:

• We are, unsurprisingly, a very talented and original group of writers with fascinating ideas.
  • Where are all the renegades and chaos cultists?
  • BL is so good at 30K that we must not want to get into those waters. 
  • Who knew how much we all love librarians, and how fascinated we are by the Inquisition?
  • This. Is. Going. To. ROCK! 

MasterHQ

MasterHQ

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 182 posts
What he said.

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,694 posts

That is surprising. I would have thought we would have had TONS of those stories, since we have so many awesome and creative Chaos fans on the board. 

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

I've got some. Well... they'd be rebels at the time.

• BL is so good at 30K that we must not want to get into those waters. 

My story is set during the heresy (whether or not it's apparent in the notes, I can't remember). I don't know about the rest of you.

• Who knew how much we all love librarians, and how fascinated we are by the Inquisition?

Now that is interesting...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,046 posts

I'm sorry that I just found this. I've had quite a few ideas for short stories for some time now. Ah, well. Can't wait to see what the others have written. :)

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Andurin Marvak

Andurin Marvak

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 270 posts

I could switch out one of my ideas for another involving a Chaos Lord devoted to Malal.....by the way, which idea are you guys using, or did you just want me to go ahead and try to write both? Honestly, I could theoretically do all three, since the one focusing on Chaos is pretty much one dude brooding in his throne room and getting interrupted by something once or twice. It by nature would have to be short or it would get exhausting far too fast.

Without Him, there is Nothing.

My sister is in dire need of help with medical debt for a surgery that saved her life, all help is gratefully received, be it prayer, financial aid, or even a simple signal boost. And hey, by donating, even just a dollar, you can get a free short story Anthology specially crafted and compiled for this cause!

https://www.gofundme...TVpEj1Ae_-JSZFk

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

That is surprising. I would have thought we would have had TONS of those stories, since we have so many awesome and creative Chaos fans on the board. 

Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Based on the modeling boards I thought we'd have tons of both 30K and chaos stuff, but really they were quite few. They showed up in a lot of stories but not as the protagonists.

I'm sorry that I just found this. I've had quite a few ideas for short stories for some time now. Ah, well. Can't wait to see what the others have written. smile.png

Don't worry, man. If this goes as well as I think it will, I want this to become the first in a series. :D 

I could switch out one of my ideas for another involving a Chaos Lord devoted to Malal.....by the way, which idea are you guys using, or did you just want me to go ahead and try to write both? Honestly, I could theoretically do all three, since the one focusing on Chaos is pretty much one dude brooding in his throne room and getting interrupted by something once or twice. It by nature would have to be short or it would get exhausting far too fast.

Not sure which story yet. MasterHQ is doing some homework (thanks, man!) so we can see just how much of what we've got. I'll consider your offer though, because MALAL! That poor guy (or god) is probably never going to get any official fluff again so it's up to us now.  ;) 

embalancer

embalancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

Don't complain least we have a theme for the next anthology as the thing I found hard about this was our brief was just write a short story about 40K. With such a rich and massive universe that's kinda hard .... I need boundaries man BOUNDARIES!!!!!! tongue.png

Edited by embalancer, 26 June 2014 - 11:17 AM.

====
The Librarian Chronicles: The Beginning

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

Don't complain least we have a theme for the next anthology as the thing I found hard about this was our brief was just write a short story about 40K. With such a rich and massive universe that's kinda hard .... I need boundaries man BOUNDARIES!!!!!! tongue.png

You know what? You're completely right. I'm the same way. All my finest creative work comes from having strictly defined limits and challenges.

For something like this, though, at least initially, all bets were off. We HAD to see what you all could come up with, and it worked brilliantly. Maybe next time around we will be more prescriptive now that we've begun to establish a framework. I actually briefly considered making this first version all about loyalists and making the next one chaos, but opted not to. It's just not fair for the inaugural one. 

CommodusXIII

CommodusXIII

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,923 posts

I'm willing to bet that, now that you've indicated a relative lack of Chaos work, you'll be inundated with it next time around.  Communities thrive on filling scarcities.

Personally, I think they are coming. Like a massive electrified thousand ton ball of barbed wire with hundreds of trapped and frustrated gamers embedded in it, rolling down a hill. "That, Bilbo Baggins, is the sound of inevitability."

Do not suffer your zeal for the Chapter to lead you into argument with others.

CHXaGsb.png1cuUYGd.pnglM6PBhp.pngqYWJ4yS.pngaewF76X.pngOMdByNw.pngyxM5U2C.pngDfj1FgF.pngcrSIVmA.jpg

JeffTibbetts

JeffTibbetts

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,675 posts

I'm willing to bet that, now that you've indicated a relative lack of Chaos work, you'll be inundated with it next time around.  Communities thrive on filling scarcities.

Oh I hope so. Even if it's not all-or-nothing it'd be nice if the next is a bit heavier on the chaos. Like I mentioned, I was just a bit surprised it wasn't like that this time around. 

Captain Juan Juarez

Captain Juan Juarez

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,518 posts

I went the renegade route, rather than full-on Chaos - although if there was ever a future version of my tale then full on Chaos is a possibility.

" They made you to be untouched by God or mortal. As I cannot kill you, so I curse you, not with death but with life.

I curse you - with the pain of ten thousand days in the Dark Place, with the life's blood of a mage's sacrifice, with Death's authority held in my hands.

I curse you, and I strike your name from history, stripped of arrogance and pride, empty of the self you once knew, gutted of all you are. I take your name and all you have won by the strength of your hand. I curse you for eternity, to find only darkness where once you knew your own face.

And I dub you the Ragged Man."

embalancer

embalancer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 114 posts

Ok we're getting a little side tracked here with Anothlogy #2 (when chaos comes to call). When we still need to do #1 (Giving Libbys the love they deserve ... and other stories). But seriously whats the next step Jeff?

====
The Librarian Chronicles: The Beginning