++ Gods of the Arena - A World Eaters Community ++

Flint13

@ The Nookie: Welcome to the fold! You don't need a company to be one of us, I guess. Here's your badge:

we_badge_thenookie.png

Wear it proudly! :smile.:

@ Adra'Melek: Quite an entry -- that was an excellent fluff snippet! Welcome aboard, and have a badge as well:

we_badge_adramelek.png

I was going to point out that the 14th company had already been taken by Jaspc...erm Kurama (no need to kick up the discussion about legion organisation or whether a company and echelon are the same thing in our legion. I am just referring to the continuity, for lack of a better word, of this community), but then I realised that it would make sense to give the number to a different company, once your Hounds of Molossia had been exiled -- so it could all work out rather beautifully in the end. I think... :wink:

On the matter of Khorne Daemonkin, I think it's a good choice to have a dedicated topic for them -- while I think I speak for all of us when I say that all of you KDK madmen are welcome in here, the faction does seem like a beast of its own. After all, the codex can really be seen as "Codex Definitely Not World Eaters" -- if they had wanted to provide a Codex for us, they could have gone with the existing Traitor Legion, after all...

Come to think of it, we could even have a hobby challenge between this forum and the KDK forum, once it's up and running. That would be sweet! And we all know that Khorne cares not whence the paint flows ;)

Edited by KrautScientist

Hmm, first of all, I would move it to its own webspace: The easiest way to do that would probably be to host it here in the B&C gallery. After that, you just use the small image icon, paste in the URL and you should be done. Remember, whenever you try to embed a picture, you need the actual URL of the image, not the URL of a page where the image is displayed along with other content.

If there's anything we can do to help, just say the word ;)

@ Nookie - The quick and simple breakdown I give everyone when they ask.

1. Click the badge. It'll pop up a window. 

2. Click the "SAVE" button in that window.

3. It'll display the badge on a white background in your browser. Copy the url in your address bar.

4. Open your "edit signature" page from your personal profile. It will look just like the window you use when you post a reply on the forum.

5. Click the "Image" button in the control panel at the top of the window. (it looks like a little landscape picture, in between the hotlink and code buttons)

6. Paste that URL in the pop up box you get.

7. Victory:

we_badge_thenookie.png

Edited by Flint13

@ Nookie - The quick and simple breakdown I give everyone when they ask.

1. Click the badge. It'll pop up a window. 

2. Click the "SAVE" button in that window.

3. It'll display the badge on a white background in your browser. Copy the url in your address bar.

4. Open your "edit signature" page from your personal profile. It will look just like the window you use when you post a reply on the forum.

5. Click the "Image" button in the control panel at the top of the window. (it looks like a little landscape picture, in between the hotlink and code buttons)

6. Paste that URL in the pop up box you get.

7. Victory:

we_badge_thenookie.png

This is amazing advice! It would still be cool to move the image to the B&C gallery before, though, because it's currently hosted on my blog, and will disappear when I decide to delete all of those small World Eaters icons one of these days ;)

the C: Khorne Daemonkin release managed to draw me to the World Eaters at last. so here I am :P currently I'm waiting for some FW and GW bits for a 1500 pts force consisting of a lord, 29 Berzerkers, 5 Termies, 10 Raptors and a few other things. I look forward to sharing with you guys.

I've been planning on building the Cruor Praetoria, Angron's Bloodthirster Bodyguard from the 1st War for Armageddon, for a while now. Khorne Daemonkin has really upped my keen on the project, and made me want to add in some Chaos Space Marines as well as Daemons. So...

I am Hans Kho'ren. I marched with Angron in the assault on Nuceria; I followed him with delight in the worship of the Blood God; I broke my company for him on the bloodied walls of the Emperor's Palace to bring forth our Neverborn allies; and I am proud to fight alongside him once more as we march on Armageddon. I command the remnants of the 19th Company, the Skull Takers of Hans Kho’ren, and even if we die we shall bring him strength. Khorne cares not from whence the skulls come.

My project log, so far Daemon rather than Marine focused but that will change, is at http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/302073-lords-of-blood-the-cruor-praetoria-bloodthirsters/

Freakin' sweet!

Are you thinking a bunch of conversions or running stock apart from FW bits?

Well I've never been one for stock parts :P I have some conversions lined up, but that's mainly to the GW parts. I absolutely love the FW parts (those helmet grills :drool: ). And at some point there will be Cultists and Daemons too.. I just need the Codex before I plan the list entirely :P

@ The Nookie: Lookin' swag, Brother-Slaughterer ;)

And yes, I suppose the esteemed members of this forum would be more than willing to comment on your World Eaters ;)

@ Luther: Welcome aboard! Here's your badge:

we_badge_luther.png

Looking forward to seeing your conversions!

@ miteyheroes: Hey there, glad to have you aboard! Those converted Bloodthirsters of your are excellent!

Have a badge as well:

we_badge_miteyheroes.png

Two way: Upload them to your gallery: Go to your Profile -> Gallery -> Create a Gallery/Album then upload to it. Once pictures are uploaded, in the text box within which you are writing these messages, click the 'My Media' button and go to 'Gallery Images' within which you should find the images you've uploaded to B&C.

Conversely, you can click on the little landscape picture beside the "<>" icon which is to its right and the Chain icon to its right.

That will open up a textbox that you can use to link URLs  such as links from Photobucket , IMGUR, etc.

If you're on mobile...I've got no help for ya...

This should work..

The code for doing images is like this:

[img=http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121218210647/warhammer40k/images/d/de/Angron_Istvaan_III.jpg]
Which does this:

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121218210647/warhammer40k/images/d/de/Angron_Istvaan_III.jpg

^^' My first suggestion is to quote even more Night Lords in your signature :D

I kid! But not really.

Looks like a pretty darn good start. Your weathering is effective (especially the rhino), your blood splatter isn't overdone, your Blues are nice and rich.

Good job!

My next suggestion would be to check out the basing tutorials in our Painting/Modeling forums and find something you like. Awesome minis need awesome basing.

Thanks for the input! obviously have a long way to go till my army will be ready but my plan is to use spare parts to make dead ultrasmurfs all around their bases to recreate the battle of Armatura and the shadow crusade. 

But i'll definitely look into the forums and look for more ideas, as i said looking for ruined city and dead smurfs 

You could try looking for Space Marine casualties on eBay - I've seen people pulling the ones from certain Primarch bases off and offering those for sale. As for ruined cityscape type bases, I think several third-party manufacturers make them. 

I really should pop by more often. But you lot really need to vary the decor and mix a few more scents in with the smell of blood. It's just so old now ;)

More importantly...Incinerator...did you do more to that apothecary? I've only just seen it and and really like where it was going. Think it's the first mini I've seen of yours too and you've left me wanting more.