++ Slaves to the Voices - Crimson Slaughter ++

Lucio

++++ CRIMSON SLAUGHTER ++++

gallery_81724_10136_1243400.png

Deep in the void within the Eye of Terror, lies the Lost Hope, home to the Space Marines, formally of the Crimson Sabres Chapter, but now blessed with a name of power the Crimson Slaughter. We, the humble thralls of the chapter hope to document the glory of those who reside within, detailing their many warbands and factions, their battlefield tactics, captured images and their history for the glory of Chaos.

Those that pledge themselves to Kranon the Relentless, Master of the Crimson Slaughter, shall recieve unending glory as we burn the galaxy to ashes!

We stand above those brothers of ours in the Legion, let them nurse their millenia old grudges, our hatred burns hot and fresh, we all still remember how we were persecuted and hunted, betrayed despite our martial excellency.

The Imperium of Man shall be torn asunder!

------------------------------

Warbands of the Crimson Slaughter

++ The Quintos - Tactical Advisor Lucio, remnants of the 5th Company of the Crimson Sabre

++ Prot's Warband

++ The Dark Disciples

------------------------------

Crimson Slaughter Resources

++ Kranon's Helguard Formation

++ Colour Scheme Discussions

Edited by Lucio
Hot-linked image turned into a link.

Thank you for the quick response.

So here is my question, I've asked this before and gotten a few replies but I am wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the CS god alignment. Obviously many are Khorne but are there Tzeentch followers sprinkled in? A few Nurgle as the "slow decent into madness" sounds an awful lot like Nurgle. Tzeentch obviously had some influence but is probably not very popular anymore. Slaneesh I see being the least likely as "excess and feeling" is kind of what got them where they are now in a very round about way. Plus Khorne straight hates slaneesh.

So that's my question to you who follow my beloved warband of CS. Are there any other Gods affiliated with us? Do we just drowned in the blood and Khorne flakes or what? Mainly a fluff question but I've found that is my primary reason for playing anymore and honestly I am having a hard time figuring this one out even after reading the supplement several times.

For me, a Renegade Warband means not having to follow a "convention", there's no right or wrong answer as to which god to follow.

The Quintos are led by a Slaaneshi worshiping speed freak, but contain a Tzeentchian sorcerer with a daemonic contigent (Obliterators, Warp Talons, Possesed and some daemon forged warmachines, a Nurgle Lord (my Typhus counts as), with Plague Marines and Plauge Zombies and will eventually get a Khorne contingent as well (though this is likely to be a R&H force)

In summary, I've chosen a god for each major personality in my army, and are building up a retinue for each.

I think after failing to get a colour scheme for my slaanesh army I like and after reading the crimson slaughter fluff in the codex combined with a strong interest in going undivided to open up more possibilities I reckon I'll be reprinting to these guys. Have to strip a couple tanks but should be fine. I also love the idea of possessed as troops even though they are totally overcosted.

In the official background, a Lord of Change possessed their head Librarian while casting an illusion that made them kill the innocent civilians alongside the Cultists. A Greater Daemon of Khorne in turn cursed them to be haunted by the ghosts of those they killed unless they were out killing people. The Catch 22 was that when they were fighting, the spirits would possess their bodies and slaughter without restraint while also becoming Possessed. There is also a Slaanesh daemon-sword involved that had some sort of plan with the Librarian, but that was never expanded upon.

Although, the captain who owned the sword was thinking of going his own way when we last saw them, and there is mention of one group breaking off and fleeing further into the Eye.

So officially, everyone but Nurgle gets a part. That said, it can be very easy to ccfeate that representation.

I've read everything I can get my hands on for Crimson Slaughter, plus the audio books.

My take on it is that even though Kranon will kill that specific Lord of Change Daemon on sight (he's also told Abaddon this during a Black Crusade planning picnic / meet and greet), I still believe they benefit from the favour of Tzeentch.

I think it's a marriage of convenience. Because the Crimson Slaughter still operate as a fairly intact chapter with resources including geneseed (stolen from DA, and whatever else) and the technology (helped along with the assistance of Fabulous Bile), I don't think they'll ever dip entirely into a 'World Eaters' mentality.

Plus as mentioned there's evidence of them participating in kills with the assistance of various chaos powers.

So truly a Chaos Undivided warband then. Each little minion has his own ideas on what god etc to align with and make it work out. It makes sense when you look at it from a standpoint of just a generalized chapter.

I like everyone's thoughts on this and greatly appreciate the input. Unfortunately only fluff I've been able to get is the supplement so that's all I've been working with.

So is the recruitment process still find cultists.........stick them in bottom of space hulk. Let them play with the monsters in the basement and whoever lives gets a chance at getting some of the gene seed? Or is this changed expanded upon in any of the other books?

Lucio and Prot greatly appreciate you guys getting the CS thread started and running. They might be a new warband but there fluff is not bad and the artwork is awesome.

The ebooks only cover their fall and the novelization of the starter set. So most of the information is in the supplement.

But yeah, they pretty much stick with creating their own soldiers. I'd also imagine they wouldn't mind picking up any potentials who happen to survive a Crimson Slaughter assault, since that's a small miracle in its own right.

From the Dark Vengeance Painting Guide:

Chosen/Helbrute/Kranon:

Red Armor Part 1:

- Mephiston Red - basecoat (Spray)

- Brass Scorpion 

- Agrax Earthshade

- Mephiston Red - layer

Red Armor Part 2:

- Evil Sunz Scarlet

- Wild Rider Red

- Sycorax Bronze 

Bone:

- Rakarth Flesh

- Agrax Earthshade

- Pallid Wych Flesh

- White Scar

Metal:

- Leadbelcher

- Nuln Oil

- Runefang Steel

Cultists:

Red Cloth:

- Khorne Red

- Agrax Earthshade

- Wazdakka Red

- Squig Orange

Black Cloth:

- Abbadon Black

- Skavenblight Dinge

- Stormvermin Fur

- Steel Legion Drab - drybrush

Grey Cloth:

- Skavenblight Dinge

- Agrax Earthshade

- Stormvermin Fur

- Administratum Grey

Light Brown Cloth:

- Steel Legion Drab

- Agrax Earthshade

- Tallarn Sand

- Karak Stone 

Dark Brown Cloth:

- Rhinox Hide

- Nuln Oil

- Gorthor Brown

- Baneblade Brown

Cream Cloth:

- Zandri Dust

- Seraphim Sepia

- Ushabti Bone

- Screaming Skull

Cultist Skin:

- Bugmans Glow

- Reikland Fleshshade

- Bugmans Glow

- Cadian Fleshtone

- Kislev Flesh

Other:

Fur:

- Steel Legion Drab

- Seraphim Sepia

- Agrax Earthshade

- Zandri Dust - drybrush

- Screaming Skull - drybrush

Sword Part 1:

- Leadbelcher

- Nuln Oil

- Caledor Blue

- Ironbreaker

Sword Part 2: 

- Runefang Steel

- Teclis Blue

- Lothern Blue

- Pallid Wych Flesh

Tentacles:

- Daemonette Hide

- Druchii Violet

- Slaanesh Grey

- Pallid Wych Flesh

Blue "Eye":

- Stegadon Scale Green

- Sotek Green

- Temple Guard Blue

- White Scar

The supplement fluff is definitely of good quality

We are not Slaaneshi, we do not care about the quality of the "fluff", only the ongoing tide of slaughter!

Try slaughtering for a few more thousand years. It soon needs a little inventiveness to hold the interest ;)

I'm sure more fluff will happen but don't forget that the CS are still the new kids with stylish armour and fleshy bits, but still new nonetheless :tu:

So my recent models painting a Nurgle Chaos Lord (counts as Typhus) and a Noise Marine makes me wonder how people chose to paint their cult troops. Do you retain Crimson Slaughter red? Does it become an accent to the main cult marine colours?

This also applies to our brothers in the other legions to an extent, where the main force isn't a cult army to begin with.

I was wondering the same thing actually. I thought of doing Nurgle as well as Tzeentch (obviously) and one thought for Nurgle was to have some of the "leaky" black oil coming out of joints for the marines as one of the Nurgle type Warbands is renowned for this. I figure Crimson Slaughter colors with Nurgle oil leaking. No idea what to do for Tzeentch accept more mutated maybe? Khorne is obviously covered but since it was brought up what about Slaneesh as well? Part of the appeal to me is the color scheme and I don't think I want the colors of the rainbow on the table when I place them. So how would you brothers make each selected god stand out?