Welcome to the 10th Edition of the Dark Angels Forum Arena of Death!
Why tenth? Because it started 10 years ago when I was promotod to DA mod. It had 2 editions but not more unfortunately... This would be the tenth edition so I figured it would be fitting and cool to name it that way.
What is the Feast of Blades?
The Feast of Blades is an event were DA players chose their DA champions to fight against each other until only one emerges victorious and it's crowned champion.
How can I participate in the Feast of Blades?
It's quite easy. Submit a photo of your dark Angel champion along with his equipment (chosen from DA Codex) and a brief biography of him.
Chaplain Lucifer: Interrogator Chaplain, Progeny of Corswain, combi-plasma. 150 points
When does it start?
The Feast of Blades event will start in the 1st of March. You have until that to submit your champion to the contest.
Arena of death rules:
- I will be the GM. Any decision I make will be final, but I will listen to convincing cases.
- 160 points limit.
- No named characters
- No Terminator armour
- Any Character has full access to DA armoury.
- No bikes but you can have RW characters that will retain all abilities and equipment.
- There is no instant death. A melta weapon/Force weapon will cause D2 wounds instead.
- Any character allowed from a 1W Sgt to a Company master. A sgt will cost token 15 points upgrade to vet will cost double.
- Characters with special rules will always try to use them to their advantage.
- In case of odd numbers I will have a stand in character ready.
- First pairings are random, further parings will follow a bracket scheme.
Characters and perks
- Sgt and Vet sgts of any kind will have "rugged and experienced" rule. You don't get to Vet. Sgt by dying easy so 1W characters will have 6+ Inv. save that can be staked with other inv. saves.
- Librarians, before battle will always roll on a table or tables chosen by the player.
- Librarians will always use 1 dice of the dice pool to try and cast Force power.
- Jump packs give a +1 to initiative rolls to see who goes first.
- If one model has 2 different CC weapons, the attacks will be split evenly between both or at user's discretion upon submitting entry.
Perks you can buy (One per character):
- Progeny of Corswain. This character was implanted with the gene-seed of beloved Corswain. Once per duel he can re-roll a to wound roll to finish off an opponent . 40 points
- Progeny of Naaman.This character was implanted with the gene-seed of Vet Sgt Naaman. Once per duel he can force the opponent to re-roll an armor save. 30 points
- Progeny of Gideon. This character was implanted with former GM or Ravenwing Gideon. He can re-roll initiative tests to see who goes first. 30 points
Contestants start 18" from each other. To see who goes first a D6 and added the characters Iniative. The model going first will get to move, shoot and assault. The model being assaulted can overwatch at full BS.
However if assault fails the model that overwatched can't shoot on his shooting phase. Combats will be resolved just as a normal 40K combat until one model is left with 0 wounds.
How will I know the results?
A battle report after each battle will be written describing the battle.
If there are any questions that I did not clarify enough or doubts you have I will add to the FAQ.
Edited by Chaplain Lucifer, 27 January 2015 - 07:13 AM.