@Dracos is this your first time visiting? Thanks, we like toys.
Alright, update time. With 9th on the way, there’s lots of new models for me to be building and painting. Which means I need to finish a lot of old models. Currently there’s a whole apocalypse box (30 intercessors and a redemptor) and the vanguard Marines. I also bought a box of infiltrators so I could use some of the heads for the vanguard box. Also about 230 guardsmen/chapter serfs, but with the points increase I will most likely need to restructure them, so they are on hold as of today.
My plan is to add the vanguard forces first, so that I have more available to me for choices to play with. An extra 5 intercessors just means I can play 35 intercessors, but a squad of suppressors means I have a whole new unit available to me. So I’m starting with the eliminators, then I’ll do the suppressors and the Phobos characters. After that, assuming the new goodies aren’t here (Emperor willing I can work faster than that) I’ll do some infiltrators. Hopefully all 20 before the crusaders are available. I’d like to squeeze the second redemptor in there somewhere, because it seems like they are going to be awesome in 9th. I’d also like to get a third repulsor, some impulsors, an invictor or two, and more eliminators; but there’s no way there’s time for all that.
On to the update.
Pretty standard right? I added the chapter symbol to the sergeant, not sure what I’ll do about painting a name on him, I’ll probably just have to forgo it or hide it in the cloak. I’ve got the blue based and shaded, and the cloak is going to be very similar to these guys below. I’m not exactly sure what the logic is to the camo cloak and the blue armor with the white and the gold, but I think it will look good.
So these guys were a little bit of a test trial for the camo cloaks. In the end, I like how they came out, but the pattern is going to be slightly different for the Marines, more in line with how I painted Rightious Indignation. But these guys weren’t the only addition to the 75th this week, In addition to this command squad, I also finished a special weapons squad, an astropath, and my second company commander.
I don’t like the commanders hair.... I might rip his head off and replace it. I painted his base red so that second platoon can be different from first, though in the end they’ll probably all end up intermixed. I’m not worried about it.
So that’s all for now. I’ll probably also get around to finishing the last layer of the outpost this week or next, depending on when the shipment of parts comes in. I need to get around to selling my old space wolves, and writing out all of my paint recipes so I don’t loose them.