+++E Tenebrae Lux IV - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

OK I updated the first page for the last time. Please check your entries and let me know if you spot any discrepancies. Only mistakes will be corrected now - no more completions are allowed. 

UPDATED FOR THE LAST TIME!

Good job everyone! We may not have won but at least we pulled together, got some models finished, as well as beat the space wilves in our challenge! Thank you Captain Semper for running this event as well as everyone else for encouraging me to start painting!

From the Fallen

~Sapphon

Well brothers that's it for this year. Although the DAs did not reach the top position the quality and output of those who completed their vows was top notch. A great collective effort that made the First proud!

I guess after being in the top positions in so many instances since 2012, finally fatigue settled in. However this can only mean one thing: renewed vigour for next year as half a decade after the first challenge of the Glorious First to all other lesser Chapters it will be time again to teach them humility and respect for their betters!

Until then make plans and plot your course of action. For in nine months the Inner Circle will return and ask for every sword and every bolster the Unforgiven can muster!

I got back into the hobby too late to participate. I take a very long time to paint things and I would not have even been able to finish one squad. Perhaps for next year I'll finally order some Forge World and churn out some dreadnoughts.

Thanks for running this event again this year Captain Semper! Thanks to you I have about 2k more of painted models, including an Assault Squad with jump pack that I have been putting off for at least 6 years! Considering that I have 2 more Assault squads to go, its a move in the right direction.

Its always a blast to read your break down at the end and to see all the great models by our fellow brothers.

Unforgiven, but unbowed. For the Emperor and the Lion!

On reflection the 'trick' is to build up points with upgrades that can be modeled, so gain points, and then painted really quickly e.g. MoR or something similar.

That's my plan anyway! Who knows, an airbrush might be a worthwhile investment during the next 9 months...

I must admit this is my 3rd observed ETL (I lurked these forums a good long while) and 2nd participating.  I think this was a pretty respectable showing.  I think the decline in participation is pretty closely linked to that of the enthusiasm for the codex in general.  Mayhaps next year we'll be riding the wave of the new codex, if the codex out before the deadline for entry maybe we would have seen more.  

May I suggest for next year Captain Semper, a community Golden Daemon Bolter of sorts.  Each forum selects a single vow to represent it on the grounds of quality, maybe individual model or a full squad.  Those are then sent into the pool in a voting match!  There were so many good entries I'd love to vote for from this forum as well as others.

Now I can get back to focusing on playing the game!!

Alright everybody all the badges are now posted and you can find them here. From now on the ETL IV thread in the Forge will be unpinned but will remain open and the same applies for the DAs Strategium. If you need anything ETL related don't hesitate to PM me. 

Archived