Mars Pattern Warlord Psi-Titan: The Red Comet Walks

Athrawes

The prayer scripts are an nice touch and thanks for the information on the Psi Titanicus symbol i was unaware of that.

Would it be too much trouble to measure the overall length of the Main guns since they are of the same model as my Lucius Warlord and I am curious how the measure up scale-wise to my scratch built. My Warlord's Main guns are twelve inches long overall; about 30 centimeters.

BTW your's is the best pose I have seen bar none.

The prayer scripts are an nice touch and thanks for the information on the Psi Titanicus symbol i was unaware of that.

Would it be too much trouble to measure the overall length of the Main guns since they are of the same model as my Lucius Warlord and I am curious how the measure up scale-wise to my scratch built. My Warlord's Main guns are twelve inches long overall; about 30 centimeters.

BTW your's is the best pose I have seen bar none.

You're not planning on building one by scratch are you?

Might be more squat, because the shoulder batteries/void generators aren't as prominant I think, plus it's not as blocky as the other warlord style...admit it tho...I know that sly grin blackadder...you and baldric are up to something..."a cunning plan!"

No problem at all Blackadder, here is a Volcano Cannon next to a ruler:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/2B350AA4-AA5A-4D13-8682-ED5D5C81694F.jpg

It's just a little over 13 inches long. Is that what you were hoping, or is it too large for you to use?

Also, I'm pleased that you like the pose, it was hard to achieve but i think it turned out well (plus it is very well balanced). I wanted to convey that the weapons the Warlord carrier are incredibly massive and so even a warlord would need to brace on both legs to fire a single Volcano Cannon.

No problem at all Blackadder, here is a Volcano Cannon next to a ruler:

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/2B350AA4-AA5A-4D13-8682-ED5D5C81694F.jpg

It's just a little over 13 inches long. Is that what you were hoping, or is it too large for you to use?

Also, I'm pleased that you like the pose, it was hard to achieve but i think it turned out well (plus it is very well balanced). I wanted to convey that the weapons the Warlord carrier are incredibly massive and so even a warlord would need to brace on both legs to fire a single Volcano Cannon.

Thanks for the info and my guns including the shield are also 13 inches long so the two are compatible surprisingly. The muzzle barrel has an outside diameter of 17 mm and a bore of 10.77 mm on my volcano cannons

http://i.imgur.com/NgEqa30l.jpg

My apologies for this seeming attempt at hijacking your thread but this info is vital to me and I haven't found a willing source 'til now. BTW; consider me subscribed to your excellent documentation of this project.

Any subsequent measurements you would care to impart I am sure would be of great interest to your readers and of course, myself.

Dono: That's a hard question for me to answer. 

Here are the pros and cons as I see them for giving the warlord titan a base.

Pros: Base makes the Warlord harder to tip over, opportunity to model a scenic base

Cons: Warlord titan is already fairly well balanced/stable without base (can only be topped over if you push it and try to tip i over), a base big enough for a warlrod would be very difficult to move around a table, not to mention silly, I would have to model a scenic base.

It basically boils down to stability versus being able to deploy around terrain. I've always thought titan bases are so big they are silly and destroy the possibility to place it on a modeled table. But the warlord is an expensive model, and while i feel it is pretty stable, how can I tell whether it is stable enough to free stand?

Here is what I was considering using for the base if I go that route. The thing is, I have never based something this big before, would I attach it permanently or try to pin it? I have no idea. 

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/8a9ee990-541f-43af-b9ce-12a611721cbb.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/1aef7950-6a4b-45fa-86bb-d2eb5aa08bd4.jpghttp://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i327/nickfayette1/98de1de0-0dcf-4469-9ffc-fc2f08841ebe.jpg

I'd really appreciate getting all of your input on this idea of basing a titan.

Why not magnetize the base? Is it possible to add magnets to the feet of the Warlord without messing with it's stability? That way on open terrain you could use the base for added support and when it gets into difficult terrain you could remove the base and pose it around the scenery.

First, wow. This is awesome, and thank you for sharing your process. I agree that your warlord has the best pose I've seen to date - i'm a stickler for poses, particularly on large models, and you've nailed it. :tu:

Second, I read in your first post that this is going to be a psy-titan and you're planning on putting a psy turret on top of the carapace. Would the turret of the acquilla strongpoint be N option for this, or is that too small?

Third, the base. You're right in that bases can obstruct your playability, but they also give you the opportunity to further insert hints to the rest of your army, by doing a scenic base in the same style as your regular bases. That being said, I'd suggest making the base as small in surface area as possible - so an oval base might not be the best thing to do. You could either go for pinning using pretty big pins - 4mm or something, which go well into the legs (but that only works if your titan's legs stand vertically on the feet, which considering the dynamism of the pose might not be the case) or you could go for magnetizing. I did this on my warhound, and it's worked pretty well in terms of stabalizing the model. You need STRONG magnets though. Www.seupermagnete.de is a good supplier, in my experience.

In any case, good luck with the build. Have fun, and keep us updated please!! :tu:

Nah, giving each foot a base will most likely make it less stable, plus it'll make gaming even momre difficult. :) if you connect the surfaces that the feet cover by a small 'bridge' of base surface and not make it look like the silhouette of a dumbell, that'll probably be the most practical. :tu:

Archived