Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

Horus Heresy White Scars Legion

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,455 posts
Nicely done Javelins...enjoy ur fluff as well
  • Brother Pheidias likes this

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,184 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

Great work on the Javelins :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Reldn

Reldn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 805 posts
  • Faction: XVII Legion, Blood Drinkers

Excellent work all around. Love the Javelins and their accompanying fluff! You're convincing me, good sir, that the Vth Legion needs to be my third HH project.

Phatsquirre1

Phatsquirre1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

Gah. I had just talked myself out of starting a Scars force (after reading The Path of Heaven) and then I go and look through this thread again. 

D*** you and your beautiful minis, Brother Pheidias. D*** you. msn-wink.gif

(Those javelins look fantastic, btw.)

The Salient Cluster, my WIP thread:

http://www.bolterand...-wip-update-44/

Echoes of Solitude: An Account of the 209th Co., XVth Legion Astartes:

http://www.bolterand...vth-legion-log/

Honor to the IVth!

http://www.bolterand...ow-with-titans/

gallery_77459_12304_45268.pnggallery_48988_15465_28771.png

jimbo13

jimbo13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,016 posts
  • Faction: VII Legion

Dang... looking good. How'd you do the power weapons? I finally looked at this not on my phone, so I could see the images better....

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Gah. I had just talked myself out of starting a Scars force (after reading The Path of Heaven) and then I go and look through this thread again. 

D*** you and your beautiful minis, Brother Pheidias. D*** you. msn-wink.gif

(Those javelins look fantastic, btw.)

Haha, thanks! How does it go again, that old refrain...

...part of the ship, part of the crew, part of the ship, part of the crew, part of the ship, part of the crew...

Excellent work all around. Love the Javelins and their accompanying fluff! You're convincing me, good sir, that the Vth Legion needs to be my third HH project.

Allways room for more White Scars!

Nicely done Javelins...enjoy ur fluff as well

Thanks, really trying to stay loyal to the tone set out by the official sources, and taking ques from all of the talented people doing marvellous things on this forum as well.

Dang... looking good. How'd you do the power weapons? I finally looked at this not on my phone, so I could see the images better....

Black all over, pure white on some edges and in lightning-esque patterns, followed by a glaze of old enchanted blue and a glaze medium. I want to go back and add some sharp white highlights eventually.

Great work on the Javelins thumbsup.gif

Thanks! Not quite as much a labour of love as the Scimitars, but still enjoyed them!

Nemac Vradon

Nemac Vradon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,178 posts

These are great Pheidias, now I really want to see what you can do with a Cassius model :D. I love the gritty look that your Scars have, It really makes them stand out :D.

Nemac

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Scant metres below, the ground was hurtling past at a blinding pace, boulders and tufts of dry grasses blurred by sheer speed, even Tenghudais enhanced senses unable to distinguish any details. The green glow of the Tac-screen underlighted his helmet, jadelight playing across the polished bronze. The Minghan was spread out to either side, Jetbikes and speeders sweeping across the barren plains. Ahead, slowly materialising from the haze were the greenskinned horde. the Hain, brutish and warlike. Tenghudai felt his heart soar as the distance to the prey diminished rapidly, the laughter and shouted oaths of the Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear already flooding the comms, Tenghudai raised his blade. "Minghan Khagarsajad! For the Emperor! KHAGAN!"

DSC02075_zpsk6tdph6s.jpg

DSC02074_zpsgm5faemz.jpg

DSC02073_zpsdk3nqlju.jpg

DSC02067_zpsfyw0venp.jpg

DSC02070_zpsapgec5bj.jpg

DSC02069_zpsyfspejls.jpg

DSC02068_zpsiqwemzec.jpg

So, the Khan arrives!

Thanks Nemac, it'll be a while before I do anything not of the Vth. Legion though.

• MrBear, svane jotunsbane, Soric and 14 others like this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,762 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
That's a wicked sword, man

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Idomeneus

Idomeneus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

Amazing work. Always nice to see foot and mounted versions of a character as well.

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 852 posts
Love the detailing on the jetbikes control panel, nice attention to detail! The gold looks great alongside the White/red scheme too. How do you weather your units? Do you use any weathering powders?
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

It's from the Deathwatch White Scar, soon as I saw him, I knew I had to use it for my Khan/Praetor :D

Amazing work. Always nice to see foot and mounted versions of a character as well.

He's magnetized at the waist, so I guess it's 1½ models really...

Love the detailing on the jetbikes control panel, nice attention to detail! The gold looks great alongside the White/red scheme too. How do you weather your units? Do you use any weathering powders?

Thank you! It's really more of a bronze, but the weather wasn't conducive to photography. Weathering is sponging with grey, brown, black and silver followed by washes of sepia and umber mixed with a glaze medium and finally AP strong tone for the bronze. I'm planning a tutorial when I've got the time for daytime painting, and the weather cooperates ;)

• Cadmus Tyro and bluntblade like this

Idomeneus

Idomeneus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 89 posts

He's magnetized at the waist, so I guess it's 1½ models really...

Even cooler!

Cadmus Tyro

Cadmus Tyro

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 852 posts

Thank you! It's really more of a bronze, but the weather wasn't conducive to photography. Weathering is sponging with grey, brown, black and silver followed by washes of sepia and umber mixed with a glaze medium and finally AP strong tone for the bronze. I'm planning a tutorial when I've got the time for daytime painting, and the weather cooperates ;)

Bronze/Gold it works well! I've found using smoke weathering powders quite effective for creating exhaust markings, gives a finer more blended edge to the effect and a great texture too.
Alpha legion and Iron hands work in progress:

http://www.bolterand...legion-wip-log/

Blackshield/World eaters log:

http://www.bolterand...omega-complete/

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,762 posts
Might we see some more soon?

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Might we see some more soon?

Uhm, yes.

Got a few small things on the way, but I've been slightly derailed by real life. The Shattered Spear will ride again though biggrin.png

Edited by Brother Pheidias, 04 December 2016 - 08:47 PM.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,762 posts
Fair enough, I figured it'd be something fairly big that'd kept you away.

Do you reckon you might give your Khan a bodyguard, or maybe do some assault marines? Was thinking some Scars with claws and axes could look real sweet.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

Yes on both counts, really.

In the long run, Full Jetbike Command Squad, including a Stormseer. In the shorter run, tooled-up CC Vets wearing Scarified Mk. II in a Land Raider Armoured Proteus... Sub-optimal, but too cool to pass up laugh.png

• Phatsquirre1 likes this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

tooled-up CC Vets wearing Scarified Mk. II in a Land Raider Armoured Proteus...

:wub: :wub:

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,527 posts

tooled-up CC Vets wearing Scarified Mk. II in a Land Raider Armoured Proteus...

wub.pngwub.png

Don't get too excited, I still have to buy the bloody lot :D

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,455 posts

Indeed, a weapon worthy of a khan...good stuff

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,762 posts

The Scars always struck me as one Legion where a Terminator bodyguard doesn't make that much sense. Not on the same level as with the World Eaters, but I'd have thought something like the Dark Furies would be more appropriate. Then again the Keshig are awesome in the fluff, so I can generally let it slide.

Phatsquirre1

Phatsquirre1

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

In the shorter run, tooled-up CC Vets wearing Scarified Mk. II in a Land Raider Armoured Proteus... Sub-optimal, but too cool to pass up laugh.png

Just the thought of them...drool.gif

The Salient Cluster, my WIP thread:

http://www.bolterand...-wip-update-44/

Echoes of Solitude: An Account of the 209th Co., XVth Legion Astartes:

http://www.bolterand...vth-legion-log/

Honor to the IVth!

http://www.bolterand...ow-with-titans/

gallery_77459_12304_45268.pnggallery_48988_15465_28771.png

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,455 posts

The Scars always struck me as one Legion where a Terminator bodyguard doesn't make that much sense. Not on the same level as with the World Eaters, but I'd have thought something like the Dark Furies would be more appropriate. Then again the Keshig are awesome in the fluff, so I can generally let it slide.

Yes...I think the WS terminators should sacrifice a bit of armour for some additional speed

What is the "lightest" pattern of terminator armour? I'd have the Keshig use that

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,762 posts

Tartaros or Indomitus. Pretty sure it's Tartaros

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horus Heresy, White Scars Legion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users