Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

Horus Heresy White Scars Legion

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

Tartaros allows sweeping advances, so definitely the most mobile. And best looking IMHO :D

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
I think Tartaros makes sense

Have a hard time picturing WS lumbering about in Cataphracti

Fenbain

Fenbain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 309 posts
Though I agree that Tartaros would probably be more appropriate, I was under the impression that it had been stated (or at least heavily implied) in fluff that they were in Cataphractii. I'm not sure where exactly, but I think possibly on Prospero when the Khan and the Keshig investigate?

marshal seanisi

marshal seanisi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 304 posts
  • Faction: Black Templars

Fantastic work!!

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

@marshal seanisi: Many thanks!

Though I agree that Tartaros would probably be more appropriate, I was under the impression that it had been stated (or at least heavily implied) in fluff that they were in Cataphractii. I'm not sure where exactly, but I think possibly on Prospero when the Khan and the Keshig investigate?

That's actually true, Jaghatais personal Keshig are mentioned as wearing Cataphractii when Ilya Ravallion first goes to meet him on the Swordstorm in "Brotherhood of the Storm". In Scars it's stated that one of the rebellious Noyan Khans (forget the name) has his own Keshig when he takes charge of the Swordstorms bridge though, so there's plenty of Keshig to go around and put in different armour :D

• Fenbain likes this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
Probably Hasik, the one who gets stabbed by the Khan

The loyal one is called Jemulan
  • Brother Pheidias likes this

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,758 posts
  • Faction: Inkspillers
Both Hasik and Jemulan brought a Keshig to that fight

Humble scrivener - alternate Episode IX attempt now complete!

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
It's interesting that Hasik, an old school Chogorian, is totally on board the Horus bandwagon

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,758 posts
I like that detail. And the old school Chogorians were probably as close to Horus as any Terrans

Caretaker of the Lightning Bearers and member of the Broken Throne alt-Heresy project

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

It's interesting that Hasik, an old school Chogorian, is totally on board the Horus bandwagon

I like that detail. And the old school Chogorians were probably as close to Horus as any Terrans

That's also a really great way of further emphasizing the foundations of the Khans doubts, as there's plenty of reasons he could have chosen to side with Horus, particularly all his reflections on the impermanence of all thrones and empires... But it also drives home the profound depth of betrayal the Khan will have experienced, to see an old friend and comrade trying to force his hand in such a way, considering the great trust he generally put in his warriors, and their ability to make the right choices.

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
...or perhaps Hasik sincerely believed that he was doing what the Khan would want

Though it did seem he was overstepping

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

He probably did, but that's where the overstepping comes into play, nobody puts the Khagan in a corner furious.gif

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

Doublepost, but I've been slightly sidetracked by something else...

DSC02077_zpskv4wuaqr.jpg

I might have to start another log in not too long...

• Brother Callius and bluntblade like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,523 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN

Please tell me that you're doing classic Index Astartes-style Heresy Fists...

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

Please tell me that you're doing classic Index Astartes-style Heresy Fists...

Dingdingding!

I'm refurbishing my 40k-Fists, sending them backwards through time. Headswaps, some new painting of markings, and eventually expansion.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,758 posts
Beaky Scars? Oh yes

Brother Callius

Brother Callius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: VII legion - 41st Company

I'm liking where you're going with those helmets Pheidias, we all know that there's only one legion who can pull of red helmets... (And it's not the ultra-smurfs msn-wink.gif)

I for one would be glad to welcome you back to the ranks of Dorn's finest. Will be keeping a close eye on your progress thumbsup.gif

gallery_58716_5536_33524.jpggallery_58716_5536_16960.jpg  gallery_58716_5536_42133.jpg  gallery_58716_5536_7698.png

ETL II 2013 Reaver Titan                                                      VII Legiones Astartes - 41st Company

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

"It was always readily apparent that the warriors of the Vth. Legion were never going to be the most uniform in appearance or armaments, quite unlike the serried ranks of the Iron Warriors I saw on Kolta. I remember my first meeting with Brother Noigu. I had until then never seen the snouted helmets that would later become synonymous with the Astartes in Mk. VI, and to see him riding a Scimitar sporting as archaic a weapon as a Volkite Culverin was baffling. When I inquired about his equipment, he had nothing but a shrug at the novelty of the helmet, citing the random and infrequent resupply most of the roving Brotherhoods had grown accustomed to.

DSC02078_zps177lsssn.jpg

DSC02079_zpsd9aghtjw.jpg

DSC02080_zpsinvgsvh0.jpg

Volkite ahoy!

Always enjoy painting Scimitars. Want more.

@Bluntblade: Like this?

@Brother C9allius: Thank you! I am slowly replacing heads, then it's some slight repainting of markings and reweathering. Will likely get a lot done over the holidays (4 days of work, then 12 days off!

• Dosjetka, Brother Callius, Olis and 6 others like this

b1soul

b1soul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,448 posts
Looks like a swift horseman

Jackalwolf

Jackalwolf

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,680 posts

Really like it! The black burnt weathering is made with sponge chipping black or powders?

Brother Callius

Brother Callius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 348 posts
  • Faction: VII legion - 41st Company

Lovely as usual, really diggin' that bronze for the trim thumbsup.gif

gallery_58716_5536_33524.jpggallery_58716_5536_16960.jpg  gallery_58716_5536_42133.jpg  gallery_58716_5536_7698.png

ETL II 2013 Reaver Titan                                                      VII Legiones Astartes - 41st Company

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

Looks like a swift horseman

Thanks, yeah, I think the Mk. IV adds to that?

Really like it! The black burnt weathering is made with sponge chipping black or powders?

Sponging all the way.

Lovely as usual, really diggin' that bronze for the trim thumbsup.gif

Thanks!

I tried doing a single marine with red trim, but I really didn't like it.

bluntblade

bluntblade

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 9,758 posts
Of course I do. Silly question :P
  • Brother Pheidias likes this

Ironwithout

Ironwithout

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 486 posts
I haven't looked at this thread in so long and man these are truly beautiful!
Probably shouldn't have as I'm now seriously missing my Scars... must resist buying a new army

You're a bad influence bro!

Brother Pheidias

Brother Pheidias

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

I haven't looked at this thread in so long and man these are truly beautiful!
Probably shouldn't have as I'm now seriously missing my Scars... must resist buying a new army

You're a bad influence bro!

Sorry, not sorry :P

With a nice Chrimbo-present of £120 of gift voucher, I'm finally set to order the next expansion for the Brotherhood. In the meantime, I've got some bits and bobs that I'll work on tomorrow evening. surprises incoming :D

• Ironwithout likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Horus Heresy, White Scars Legion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users