Brotherhood of the Shattered Spear

It'd be quite fitting, as the Scars seem to have targeted the IW very frequently. I really want some good WS campaigns in a future FW book

Aye...hope FW gives them some love after Angelus, which I am very excited about as well.

WS should have multiple battles against SoH, DG, EC, and IW..."reaping ruin" upon the Traitors' advance before being cornered and constricted

• 2 months later...

Yes, I have to get some paint in, there's Giant Fanatic coming up in a months time, and I need to finish up what remains of my 3000pts List, and maybe add some stuff as it's a "Lethian" style dynamic campaign event, which will be interesting to say the least. I also need to sort some new photo-hosting, and I think it'll warrant either a new plog, or maybe a compilation in the Hall of Honour.

So, in the immortal written sign of Esme Weatherwax, I ate'nt ded yet :D

• 1 month later...

In the grey half-light of the dust-shrouded dawn of Raltac Prime, ten ivory-armoured figures crouched. Amid the detritus of milennia of ceaseless industry, they waited. Patience was a hunters' virture, something that Ögter felt was often forgotten amongst his brethren. The quarry was closing, a hunt that had begun nearly thirty hours ago would soon come to its inevitable conclusion.  Ögter flexed his powered gauntlet as he regarded the stream of tactical data scrolling past his vision. As if on cue, the gun-metal slab of a IVth. Legion Land Raider rounded a scrapheap the height of a battle-titan, some 50 metres northeast. It churned through the rustpiles, the inexorable scrape and grind of metal on metal heralding the approach of another of its kind, and behind his reinforced faceplate, Ögter broke into a feral smile. The Iron Warriors vehicles rumbled onwards, and as the lead tank slewed into a northwards turn, the ten warriors of the Khaijl Bhaina sprinted forwards, meltaguns spewing doom.

5UWrNnQ.jpg

Pict depicts Ögter, Darga of the specialized Khaijl Bhaina. Tasked with defeating the heaviest armour, Ögter bears a suit of modified Mk. III battleplate, imminently suitable to ward off most close-defense weapons on enemy armoured units.

cVDYTx2.jpg

In addition to targeting enemy armour, the Khaijl Bhaina would also accompany Vth. Legion boarding parties in void engagements.

5zKH4wP.jpg

Like many members of the Brotherhoods, Ögter bears Chogorian glyphs in lieu of personal heraldry.

XL9g3y1.jpg

While the protection afforded by Mk. III-plate was rightly prized amoungst the Khaijl Bhaina, some warriors, like Jaghuchu pictured here, preferred the improved speed and stealth capabilities of Mk. VI plate.

So, I finished rearming some ten warriors of the Brotherhood with Meltaguns, and completed the Sergeant as seen above. With Outflank and a Rhino, they're an exceedingly costly choice, but I have a feeling that they'll be wiping the floor with most Superheavy Tanks and quite a few Knights as well. As ever, the sons of the Khan go big or go home!

Nice fluff too...reminds me of this

"Perturabo – by the gods, Perturabo. He would be left standing while the Khan’s savages ran rings around his trenches, and the Scars have no fortresses for him to lay low."

- Warmaster Horus

One of my favourite quotes too, and funnily enough also most of my experiences with battling the IVth. so far :D

• 5 months later...

"While the standard armament of the Scimitar Jetbike was usually more than sufficient in dealing with the myriand threats of the Great Crusade, the Volkite Culverin became a favoured replacement amongst the warriors of the Shattered Spear during the Ullanor Campaign. Capable of reaping a fearsome toll on the greenskinned hordes, the Culverin was also superbly suited to minimizing the required cleansing following the defeat of an Orkoid force, as the intense heat generated by the Volkite weaponry tended to burn away Orkoid spores."

G49YTWg.jpg

Small sign of life, added the option of Volkite Culverins so I can run a full Skyslayer Support Squadron.

Here at the Third Legion, our jetbikes are considerably better than yours.....

That said yours are looking pretty schmexy! Great to see the thread back in action!

I'm just about to magnetise the weapon options on mine. I've been procrastinating!!

Did you think to do anything Scar related with the custodes bikes?!

Edited by Lord Commander Eidolon

What are you adding to the Brotherhood next?

Next up is a Command Squad on foot, just because I want it. Next purchase is likely a number of Predators to support the Glaive (I'm adding actual Laser Destroyers to the model, just awaiting bitz...).

Here at the Third Legion, our jetbikes are considerably better than yours.....

That said yours are looking pretty schmexy! Great to see the thread back in action!

I'm just about to magnetise the weapon options on mine. I've been procrastinating!!

Did you think to do anything Scar related with the custodes bikes?!

Thanks!

Going slowly forward as usual. And I must say, I like the Scimitar too much to mess around with the Custodes Bikes, which while nice, doesn't really fit anything I envision for the brotherhood.

It's mainly to build a cool looking Keshig in power armour, but I'm considering a pair of power glaives (I know, power axes...), one with two Scimitars (counts as Lightning Claws), one with a power maul and combat shield, and the standard bearer with an axe. Eventually they'll ride in a Land Raider with the Khan whenever I feel like running an armoured breaktrhough with my Glaive and the aforementioned preds...