+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Ah I see, I was wondering about that as I couldn't quite tell from the small amount of the ETL formula I had looked into. It would actually be a bit lower then I guess once they figure out what Leonaides vow would be worth. Either way not a bad showing and some really good completion rates. Great job everyone. 

Those numbers are out. Our uncompleted vows totaled way over 2000 points.

Our total uncompleted vows were 5,422 (not including leonaides). There were 540 points that were completed, but were lost when a later vow was not completed. 

All I want from this is to be first among the loyal chapters, that would be awesome.

I dunno know if Leonaides vow should count, really. He never completed the view by adding the point total, so her pledged zero.

That seems fair. Though I think, in the end, it will be up to Semper. 

All I want from this is to be first among the loyal chapters, that would be awesome.

I dunno know if Leonaides vow should count, really. He never completed the view by adding the point total, so her pledged zero.

Plus no picture was posted either.

This argument holds more water than no points total IMO..  He did lay out the unit and its wargear selection so the points total is just a matter of adding stuff up..  But if he came up with photo of the completed model without a starting photo, it would still not be admitted because prerequisites were not completed..

Despite looking forward to a break from 40K after the ETL I found myself starting a Rhino/Razorback last night... ah well. It's nice to work on something with no deadline ;)

I have not looked at the formula at all but I am content to just wait and see how we fair when Semper releases all the details. I'm sure we'll have placed higher than we ever thought possible at the start of the ETL.

That is coincidence - I started a Razorback yesterday too. An old MK1 / Rouge Trader one I found on ebay. Looking forward to having a nice spectrum of old vs new models in the collection, although the difference in scale is quite obvious in some cases.

Haha! Well you can never really have too many transports ;) I have an olde Rhino and Razorback (Las/Plas) kicking around somewhere but I would never field them, they're too small these days. A friend has an old Vindicator and it does look odd when he uses it compared to his fleet of newer Rhino chassis vehicles!

Brothers, for various reasons I did not complete my vow on time.  I am nearly done, but I am sorry.  How do I get my Badge of Shame?

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0045_zpstjfvz9sa.jpg

Well done, everyone. I couldn't ask for a better set of comrades. We should be proud of this, a truly outstanding effort by us all. We did not win by points, but we certainly won in spirit and in heart.

Hold onto this victory, brothers. Let it warm your heart this coming year, and may it ignite a fire in your blood once more in the incoming year.

It was my first ETL and it was a great feeling with every comrade pushing each other from vow to vow in the ETL Thread.

I thought we would took an higher over all place but i know we are playing a niche army and can understand that point outcome.

We got the second best completion rate. Which is great.

http://i1368.photobucket.com/albums/ag185/Slaughter3000/Something%20BA_zpsg7gzopsn.jpg

Overall i´m pleased with the ETL as i wouldn´t have painted this much points in this short time.

I´m also happy to have finished that much projects as i have now much things to to till end october. Hobby time will come short. :(

So gratulations to all participators and other army forums for their placing. See you in the next ETL.

We were never going to compete with the heavy hitters, so I am pleased with 5th and a special shout out from the venerable Captain Semper ;) You can have the latest fashionable codex and the most participants, the most models prepared to paint and the most prolific of painters standing ready - but an acknowledgement of our comraderie and drive is seperate from the hobby itself and is something to be very proud of.

So, no matter how we do or where we place in ETL VI next year I hope that the Sons of Sanguinius repeat our Strategium performance :)

Well done guys and girls. We gave them a run and losing to bigger factions is no shame. More importantly we all seemed to have had fun and the bond in the group seems to have grown - and surely that's the real win.

And of course thanks to Captain Semper. Super job in getting it organised and doing all the math.

Archived