The Sea provides for Thee

Uprising

Its good to be back.  I missed you Guys and Gals. 

I could never figure out my chaos force.  I keep changing my mind over the years.  But, my vision of the warp, chaos in general has not change.  The warp has always seem like an ocean, like a sea of freedom, of opportunity, of embracing the madness/order of the universe.  I am considering converting my R&H and Dark dark mechanicus into an ocean theme force.  A force from the abyss, that reflect it.  I have made two maulerfiends with the theme in mind, but now its more possible because of the Knight/mech releases.  So this is the first step toward maybe making my dream force of hundreds of cultist support by BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!  Basically chaos Pacific Rim.  

Anyway talk is cheap, vow 1 for ETL V.

Here are the Daemons

DSCN1183.JPG

DSCN1185.JPG

DSCN1186.JPG

Well spent the day working on the skin for the lot.  My goal is to mimic this coloration, how should I do the eyes?  Pure black?

http://www.ryanphotographic.com/images/JPEGS/Squid%20from%20kaikoura%20montage%20copy.jpg

Well spent the day working on the skin for the lot.  My goal is to mimic this coloration, how should I do the eyes?  Pure black?

http://www.ryanphotographic.com/images/JPEGS/Squid%20from%20kaikoura%20montage%20copy.jpg

Pure Black, but maybe with sort of a wet gloss to it, as if to emphasize it being unnatural?

It looks great :tu:

Crypt ghouls are great for conversions. They go a long way toward making anything creepy.

Perhaps add a brown wash to the feet to make them look dirty? Or weathering powders...

I'm no where near your ability level, but here are my two cents. Maybe add a subtle blue-greenish shade to the flesh. That may be going overboard with the theme, ;) but its an idea that might float. He is awesome as is though.

It looks great thumbsup.gif

Crypt ghouls are great for conversions. They go a long way toward making anything creepy.

Perhaps add a brown wash to the feet to make them look dirty? Or weathering powders...

Thank you. In my personal opinion, I think the dirty feet is not need. It just emerge from the sea, would you be dirty from that? i don't know.

I'm no where near your ability level, but here are my two cents. Maybe add a subtle blue-greenish shade to the flesh. That may be going overboard with the theme, msn-wink.gif but its an idea that might float. He is awesome as is though.

I want to avoid the greenish hue, I personally really like the white, koi fish like look.

Cthulhu and baby Cthulhus! I love it!

But Wait, their more. Here the second one.

DSCN1203.JPG

DSCN1200.JPG

DSCN1202.JPG

DSCN1201.JPG

I feel like the white skin is off. Any idea how to fix it? I do love the red, so nice.

Got it. They need to look more like that iradescent wet skin look if you want to match the cuttle fish...

Perhaps those gem paints Gw just advertised would work... Specifically like the grey knight example.

That or a very faint wash of color and some gloss varnish to get that sea monster sheen...

I see an awesome set of terrain in mind to go with this... (that coral back drop you have...)

Got it. They need to look more like that iradescent wet skin look if you want to match the cuttle fish...

Perhaps those gem paints Gw just advertised would work... Specifically like the grey knight example.

That or a very faint wash of color and some gloss varnish to get that sea monster sheen...

I see an awesome set of terrain in mind to go with this... (that coral back drop you have...)

What new paint do you speak about?  Yes the coral is some terrain, I am repainting it, red. 

I think you've inspired me to make filthy xenos from these conversions

Just as planned.  Embrace the madness. 

I hope your watching Dagon as your making these.

Explain, is the movie any good. I been using the Pacific Rim soundtrack while i paint.

Aye its a good film, worth a watch. Cant beat fish demon things trynna suck your eyeballs out whilst painting.

This is too awesome for me to think about right now. I really wana do some deep sea marines somehow.... I really need some crypt ghouls in my life. Damn you!

Here are two examples

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?336406-Mariners-Blight-A-Maritime-Inspired-Lovecraftian-Chaos-Marine-Army

http://www.superpunch.net/2011/02/chaos-space-marines-from-davey-joness.html

I hope your watching Dagon as your making these.

Explain, is the movie any good. I been using the Pacific Rim soundtrack while i paint.

Aye its a good film, worth a watch. Cant beat fish demon things trynna suck your eyeballs out whilst painting.

I googled it, I must watch it now!!!!

Also hi slave, long time no see. 

Archived