Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Death Guard WIP (May 2 - more Defiler paintwork)

Nurglemania

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

codyrstuart

codyrstuart

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 813 posts
Sweet baby Emperor, that is awesome...
My Space Wolves/Tyranids WIP- The Bloodmaws, Bran Redmaw's Company

sml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifsml_gallery_79710_12195_5745.pngsml_gallery_79710_12195_2101.jpggallery_45765_13882_2878.png

Isengrin

Isengrin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 529 posts
Fantastic! The new face is indeed an improvement over the original one, which looks a bit too goofy for my taste.

My only nitpick is the length of the blade. I think it would look better, if it were shorter.

Edited by Isengrin, 09 October 2016 - 09:45 AM.

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,877 posts

Wow superb GS work as usual. Its amazing how you can make every model so characterful (even the rhino haha). Good luck with your new job too!

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Dorn Lysander

Dorn Lysander

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 75 posts

These miniatures are absolutely phenomenal, I love the aesthetic you've managed to achieve, the sculpting creates some really unique miniatures, and I love the almost dry looking green, it's amazing!

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

All build work finished on Yersinis:

IMG_0285_zpsgkptheg5.jpg

IMG_0286_zps9b2nxttc.jpg

IMG_0287_zpsq3ygi9iu.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsqhucidpd.jpg

And some detail shots:

IMG_0296_zpsfwkrrc1t.jpg

IMG_0297_zpsdodo7qsw.jpg

IMG_0298_zps3yrwzg91.jpg

...painting work has begun :)

Carrick

Carrick

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 130 posts

Svartmetall your work with Green Stuff is insanely good. It just totally blows me away what you are able to create.

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

Great work as ever Svart, can't wait until you get some paint on that thing.

My B&C WIP Thread is this one (but more pictures generally end up on the blog).

banner_bc.jpg  

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

And here he is, basecoated: 

IMG_0302_zpsfgjfsa23.jpg

IMG_0303_zpsk0kfknmo.jpg

IMG_0304_zpsrc5u08um.jpg

IMG_0305_zpsoctt58fc.jpg

IMG_0307_zpsowv7h85k.jpg

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

Wonderful stuff and great to see some colour on him, but I think you are missing some of the flesh around the back of the left shoulder?

banner_bc.jpg  

Spikedhalo

Spikedhalo

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 81 posts

Wow, amazing GS work!!! So detailed... ohmy.png  

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

Wonderful stuff and great to see some colour on him, but I think you are missing some of the flesh around the back of the left shoulder?

Yeah, I totally missed that; only spotted it late last night way after I'd posted the pics. Will get sported this evening. 

Vairocanum

Vairocanum

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,877 posts

Man the DP is gonna look great painted up, the guts are gonna be so gross (in a good way) if they'll be painted anything like the rhino mouth. Can't wait to see the next update.

Y0524hx.jpg

TtEbRVB.jpg

My WIP Projects

Instagram

Photobucket, I will not forget this betrayal.

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
It's big, squishy and green! Definitely an improvement on the stock derp marshmallow face, making it an awesome whatsit with a face only papa nurgle would love!

Can't wait till the flesh goes proper gloop

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Follow on Twitter @AndvarrA

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,184 posts

Incredible Daemon Prince! The sculpting is excellent :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 837 posts

Probabyl a little late to the party but: Nice greenstuffing, that demonprince looks great!

And - I never thought I would say this, but- that Hellbrute is awesome, too! :)

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

IA: Twilight Wardens http://www.bolterand...ilight-wardens/

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

Bit more progress:

IMG_0314_zpsywancezk.jpg

IMG_0315_zps053u13kv.jpg

IMG_0313_zpsdkij4yph.jpg

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts
Nice paints, it's bringing out the head details exceptional!

Kinda reminds me of the birkin transformation in resident evil 2 with the face. Certainly an improvement over the original baron harkonen wannabe

"Imperium?... Yes I know of what you speak, and speak, on this no further... A rotting carcass of stupidity, ignorance, and of worlds that don't know, that they are already dead!"

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

To be fair, if I'd just sculpted a paper bag over its head that would still have been an improvement over GW's original sculpt :D

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

I'm enjoying the fact that the closer I try to figure out what is going on with his head, the more my head hurts. Chaos well done there.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

Based, and with more highlighting done:

IMG_0318_zpsuwwxppvg.jpg

IMG_0319_zpseqq3n8vp.jpg

IMG_0320_zpsafji9w4v.jpg

IMG_0321_zpskrmm5q32.jpg

IMG_0322_zpsg3qmnezx.jpg

I didn't get him finished in time for Dreadtober, which I've been beating myself up about, but on the positive side I now have a game-ready Daemon Prince, which I've never had before. And it's made me more keen to get the other two DPoNs I have sat around, barely started, to the same state of readiness.

Oh, and this is what happens when you give some of your Nurglings tins of paint and tell them to cover up all the red on that Word Bearers Rhino you captured a while back...they drank half the bloody paint before it even got to the Rhino:

IMG_0323_zpsswj8uae5.jpg

Svartmetall

Svartmetall

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 151 posts

I'm enjoying the fact that the closer I try to figure out what is going on with his head, the more my head hurts. Chaos well done there.

Success! :D

Andvarr A

Andvarr A

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 700 posts

Success! :D
If a jobs worth doing...

Edit: it's awesome to see the DPoN come more to life than ever. It will be suitably gribbly when it's finished

Edited by Andvarr A, 03 November 2016 - 02:41 PM.

The_son_of_Dorn

The_son_of_Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,794 posts

Are you Black Legion? Because you just stole all my like's for today! 

My alternate Heresy http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/326705-another-alternate-heresy-with-no-fallen-primarchs/

"When you decide to die remember to give your enemy the same honour"  

Mister Feral

Mister Feral

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 161 posts
The sculpting work is as disturbingly detailed and creative as I remember from your models past.

The different greens on the Rhino merge together really nicely. Since it was "acquired" from its previous Word Bearer occupants, perhaps some of the original crimson colour could peek through where the Nurglings missed a spot (or through wear and tear)?

Thousand Eyes

Thousand Eyes

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 964 posts

Looking forward to seeing him all painted up Svart.

banner_bc.jpg