gallery_62972_10568_348966.jpg

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Overview of the RTS

Welcome to the third incarnation of "From Rage to Salvation" the Blood Angels sub-forum’s painting event!

We all have that half complete army, the squad you always wanted to expand; the Death Company jump squad that was left half-done. The Librarium Painting Competition and the E Tenebrae Lux built on that with competitive incentives for painting new additions by challenging the other forums. However, there are those who did not participate, those who failed their vows, and those who did not vow as much as they had hoped to. The "From Rage to Salvation" event will provide us with an incentive to complete these half done projects and to keep the inherent artisan flame inside us burning for longer.

In its simplest form, this is a casual event that will allow us to complete our old projects and/or begin afresh in a stress-free setting, all at a time when the Blood Angels need both enthusiasm and loyalty from Frater new and old alike.
For those new to the event, welcome! Should you be interested, the servitor-thralls have unlocked transcript logs of the first and second event and these can be found here and here respectively. To our veteran participants, welcome back!

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Spirit of the RTS

Just like the ETL, there is a set of unwritten rules for self-regulation amongst the Frater. Like any painting competition on the B&C, they exist to help you all to improve your technique and the standard of your painting, be it asking and giving advice and generally improving your painting regardless of your skill level. Bear in mind that one shouldn’t compromise their skill level during this competition - it’s better to do a smaller vow painted to the best of your ability than a large sub-par job (according to your own personal standards of which you are the only judge).
A good example of that is basing. The fact that doing bases is not compulsory for a Primary Vow in the RTS is for the benefit of those who do not yet posses the skill of doing proper basing or have yet to decide on what scheme they wish to use. If, however, you do posses the skill and you will not consider the model complete unless you base it then it is expected that you do base it.

In short, this event aims to help you achieve something you can be proud of. Something you can say that the RTS helped you complete and quality over quantity will always be preferred.

In addition to completing those half done jobs, the purpose of the RTS is also give the opportunity to people to paint their minis how they like them, not necessarily according to GW doctrine- it’s all about creativity and imagination. As such, it is possible to see some unorthodox painting/modelling - such as World Eaters Legion Rampager Squad suitably converted to Flesh Tearers Death Company or Stormcast Eternals as Hammenators/BA Daemons (see below). All these are totally welcome and well in the spirit of the event. However, if people are using the count-as to just paint totally unsuitable models (using Space Marines Tacticals to represent Blood Angels Tacticals for example) then this works against the principle of the RTS. After all, the RTS is all about faction loyalty to that of the Blood Angels.

Another point (that is actually part of the official rules) is that it is expected that you start work on your entries after you submitted your vows and not before. Similarly, one should not mock the competition by entering (for example) a Tactical Squad needing only their eye sockets painted as a Primary Vow, and so on.

Lastly, the RTS is an opportunity to paint your army while having fun interacting with other Frater within the BA community. There is an element of friendly competition – which is intended and welcome; friendly banter is not only tolerated, but anticipated. That said, this is still intended as light-hearted fun. Please keep that in mind in your exchanges and also that there may be a language barrier or that people can be on a different wavelength. Make sure you use appropriate tone and don’t forget the smileys – they go a long way to give context and remember, B&C rules always take precedence so play nice.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Rules for the RTS

Below are the rules which govern From Rage to Salvation 2016:

Duration
Just under three months from September 15th to November 30th, 2016. Participants can join at any time during the lifetime of the event.

Entry requirements
  • As this is a Blood Angels event, participants must pledge anything relevant to our Faction from any system covered by B&C, chosen from the “Primary Vows” list below. You may pledge as many of these as you wish.
  • Additionally, you may choose something off the “Secondary Vows” list to work on alongside your Primary Vow. You may pledge as many of these as you wish and both this and the Primary Vow must be finished for your vow to be deemed complete. Finally, Secondary Vows can be added at a later date once cleared with me by PM but can't be made without a Primary Vow
  • Models can be at any state of completion when entered, from completely unpainted to almost done!
  • Each vow must be finished before another one is made
  • A vow is registered by declaring your vow and posting a starting picture. It is declared complete when you post a completion picture
  • A vow is made using the following template:

I [insert name here] rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete [insert units here] on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the [insert Chapter/Legion/Strikeforce/etc] I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Primary Vows
Primary Vows are any unit that can legally be chosen to represent a Blood Angels force in the 40k universe at the time of writing:

• Any legal unit from Faction: Adeptus Astartes Blood Angels
  • Any legal unit from Faction: Legion Astartes Blood Angels
  • Any legal unit from Battlefleet Gothic pledged to the Blood Angels (or her Successors)
  • Any legal unit from Epic 4000 pledged to the Blood angels (or her Successors)
  • Anything from the following list:
    • Cypher
    • Any Cerastus-pattern Knight
    • BA-themed Fortification
    • Any Imperial Titan
    • Marauder Bomber/Destroyer

Secondary Vows
A Secondary Vow represents all the little extra things that go along with our collections. Things such as pintle weapon choices, magnetisation choices, single Tactical Marines, and so on go here. These can be added at a later date should you wish, but they will need to be cleared with me first via PM.

• Any unit/model upgrade for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Any extra/alternative weapons for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Artwork for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Fluff for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Bases and/or transfers for those in the Primary Vow category
  • Daemons – only a legal unit of those that can be summoned via Malefic Daemonology
  • Anything from the following list:
    • Any Imperial Knight from Codex: Imperial Knights, Gerantius, or the Obsidian Knight
    • Any Assassin from Codex: Assassins
    • Any Inquisitor from Codex: Inquisition

sml_gallery_62972_10568_109145.jpg
Death Company
Death Company
As is customary with the ETL, those who fail their vows bear the badge of the Oathbreaker. To tie in the RTS with the ETL, this year the Oathbreakers have been inducted into the Death Company whereby they will receive their own special mission:
  • To fully complete their ETL vows thereby casting aside their rage and attaining salvation

Those admitted to the Death Company ranks have been automatically entered into this event. Ideally, they should be carrying the BA Oathbreaker badge in their signatures from the ETL event:

gallery_62972_10568_73818.jpg

Should they complete their vow and attain salvation during (or even before) the event, they are encouraged to pledge something else. Should they fail, damnation and a fate with Astorath awaits...

Re-vowing
If participants have achieved their target before the end of the three month period they can pledge again. There is no upper limit on vows but any failure will nullify all previous completions.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Awards

If participants have achieved their target before the end of the three month period they can pledge again. If at the end of the 3-month period they have completed ALL their pledges they'll get the IRATUS DOMINUS badge. If not they have failed Sanguinius and may carry the badge of CARCERES IRA!

Behold and feast your eyes on the:

IRATUS DOMINUS

gallery_62972_10568_26224.jpg

And the:

CARCERES IRA

gallery_62972_10568_20441.jpg

The award is won, and may be carried, when completing a vow but lost if any vow's are incomplete by the end of November. As for the Death Company, if Salvation is attained there may be a secret award lying in wait...

Who will shine the most in this display of loyalty to our Primarch and Legion?

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg FAQs

Q: How incomplete can something be for a valid entry?
A: The rules state that something can be entered from unpainted to almost complete, however, as per the spirit of the RTS paragraph, you should vow something that will earn you the Iratus Dominus award. For example, a Tactical Marine Squad that requires only its eye sockets painted green isn’t a suitable Primary Vow. If in doubt, send me a PM.

Examples:

Suitable vow:

gallery_62972_9848_519491.jpg

This needs 1/2 more coats of red, shading, highlighting, metallics, magnetising, gluing, and so on. It is a valid Primary vow.

Unsuitable vow:

gallery_62972_9848_689936.jpg

All these models need is some highlighting and some tidying up - I consider them 95% complete and feel they aren't suitable for a Primary vow. However, I could vow them as a Secondary vow...

Q: Why is the Imperial Knight a Secondary Vow when the Cerastus Knight is a Primary Vow? They are the same Faction choice.
A: Quite correct, they are both Faction: Imperial Knights. However, at the time of writing the Cerastus-Knight Acheron/Atropos/Castigator/Lancer and the Questoris Knight Magaera may be chosen as a LoW choice for a Blood Angels force using a Combined Arms Detachment, whereas the Imperial Knights do not.

Q: Given that we can use any Formations we want in our army, with the only restriction being how they interact with our other Detachments/Formations, are Formations permitted for the RTS and if so, what Faction may they be?
A: As this is an event with a BA focus, the only Formations allowed are those with Faction: Blood Angels.

Q: Why are Allies not allowed within the RTS when there are non-BA choices to choose from?
A: Allies are not a valid choice for the RTS as this is a BA event. However, there are exceptions. The Primary Vow exceptions are those which can be fielded within a BA-specific Force Organisation Chart. The Secondary Vow exceptions are those which often appear as singular units alongside BA forces and ones which many Frater have in their collections but are considered illegal to paint for the ETL.

Q: Why have I been entered into this event without my knowledge?
A: If you have been automatically entered into this event it is because you failed your ETL vow. Please note that there have been notifications of a challenge for those who failed since the last month of the ETL. Basically, it gives you an extra four months (1 in the gap between ETL and RTS, and 3 for the RTS event) to complete your vow. Please don’t be offended, we’re all eager to see your vow completed!

Q: What do you mean by a BA-themed Fortification?

A: Basically, we don't want any old Fortification entered. As this is a BA event, and Fortification needs to be suitably identified/claimed by the Blood Angels. This could be simple as adding transfers to the walls, to a full Baal-flavoured scratchbuilt Bastion. The limits are simply your imagination.

Q: What does a sample vow look like?
A: Vows can be a combination of things: you could choose one or more from the Primary Vow list, or a selection of choices from the Primary and Secondary Vow list. For example, a vow could be:

• Tactical Squad
  • Tactical Squad and Bolterback
  • Tactical Squad, transfers for three Tactical Squads, and all three new FW pintle-weapons for a Cerberus.

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Acknowledgments

Many thanks to Taranis for inventing the From Rage to Salvation event for for his blessing as we continue it in his absence.
Thanks to the Moderation Team for their blessing regarding the event's revival and for their assistance.
Thanks to Charlo and Herald of Sanguinius for their work on the signature awards
...and finally thanks to the B&C and the B&C Frater for being here and thereby having an interest in such things. Hope you all enjoy the event!

sml_gallery_62972_10568_1098.jpg Vows

The Angelic Host
What follows are the vows of the Angelic Host. These follow the vow format for non-Death Company Frater and will be separated out into Primary and Secondary Vows where appropriate.

appiah5

• Primary Vow: 1 x Devastator Squad

Boudan

• Primary Vow: 1 x Land Raider Crusader

Brother Lemartes

• Primary Vow: 2 x Drop Pod, 1 x Chaplain
  • Secondary Vow: One Drop Pod

Father Mapple

• Primary Vow: 1 x Raphen's Death Company
  • Secondary Vow: One boltermarine

Hannibaal

• Primary Vow: 1 x Death Company Chaplain
  • Secondary Vow: Storm bolter

Jolemai

• Primary Vow: 1 x Stormaven Gunship
  • Secondary Vow: 1 x DC Marine, Stormraven options

Mad Greek

• Primary Vow: 1 x DC Chaplain
  • Secondary Vow: Tweak Squad Pyros (Raphen's Death Company), one SM bike

Mehman

• Primary Vow: 1 x Captain

Nicodemus Doloroso

• Primary Vow: 2 x Plaserback, 1 x 10 Tactical Squad

Noserenda

• Primary Vow: 1 x Legion Moritat, Leviathan Dreadnought, 1 x 10 Tactical Squad, 1 x 10 Despoiler Squad, 3 x Drop Pod

Optimvschristvs

• Primary Vow: 1 x Death Company Chaplain
  • Secondary Vow: Four Death Company Marines

Sinsinatus

• Primary Vow: 2 x Chaplain, 1 x TDA Librarian
  • Secondary Vow: 1 x Imperial Knight

Slothysaur

• Primary Vow: 1 x RAS

SM1981

• Primary Vow: 1 x Chaplain, 1 x 9 Death Company

The Psycho

• Primary Vow: 1 x Legion Chaplain

Tyriks

• Primary Vow: 1 x Mephiston, 1 x 5 Death Company

Uveron

• Primary Vow: 1 x 6 Scout Squad
  • Secondary Vow: 1 x Vindicare Assassin

Xenith

• Primary Vow: 1 x Devastator Squad, Death Company Dreadnought
  • Secondary Vow: Squad markings and freehand stuff

The Lost
What follows are the vows of The Lost. Note that as they are charged with completing their ETL vows before making any further vows, their vows are slightly different from those who are entering the competition and using the RTS format.

Charlo
  • 1 x Captain Karlaen
  • 1 x Captain Tycho
  • 2 x TDA Librarian
  • 4 x Captain
  • 1 x Bike Chaplain
  • 1 x Vanguard Veterns
  • 3 x Land Speeders
  • 2 x Attack Bikes
  • 2 x Bike Squads
  • 2 x Javelin Attack Speeders

Dont-Be-Haten

• 1 x Astorath
  • 1 x Chaplain
  • 1 x Drop Pod

Helias Tancred

• 1 x Astorath
  • 1 x Baal Predator
  • 1 x Chaplain
  • 1 x Command Squad
  • 1 x Death Company Dreadnought
  • 1 x Furioso Dreadnought

Jikof

• 1 x 10 Tactical Squad
  • 1 x Gabriel Seth

Leonaides

• 1 x TDA Librarian

Mad Greek

• 1 x Raphen's Death Company

Mandaloriano

• 1 x Chaplain
  • 1 x 5 Death Company
  • 1 x Vanguard Veterans

Moritan

• 1 x Contemptor Dreadnought

Sir Ovbov

• 1 x Captain
  • 1 x Predator Annihilator
  • 1 x 5 Tactical Squad

The Unseen

• 1 x 10 Astorath
  • 1 x 10 Death Company

Tags

/equip modhat

The correct use of tags can be found here. Basically, this is a method of making things easier to search to people can gain fast, easy access to your work and that of others. The official RTS tags are:

• Rage to Salvation
  • RTS
  • RTS 16

... in addition to all the usual things like Blood Angels, WIP, and so on. If we can remember to add these to our work then that would be great.

Edited by Jolemai
Updated!

I Jolemai, Reclusiarch of the B&C BA Sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Stormraven Gunship with full magnetised options and one Death Company equipped with a thunder hammer on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Angels Chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

gallery_62972_9848_944880.jpg

Edited by Jolemai

I Charlo, Damned Brother of the B&C BA Sub-forum and first of his name, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete two Bike Squads with 2x Grav Gun and Combi-Grav, two Multi-Melta Attack Bikes and three Land Speeders with Multi-Melta and Assault Cannons on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Sanguine Vision Chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

I'll keep it simple and to what's on my painting desk ;P

Though I do need Terminators for them fancy new formations.... D:
Edited by Charlo

I, Father Mapple, of the Blood Suns, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Raphen's Squad from Deathstorm on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Suns, a Blood Angels successor chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Pictures forthcoming hereinbelow.

EDIT: I originally posted the picture back in the ETL, and will use that as my entry picture. I tried to take a picture, but I got to wait until my phone can charge up again!

Here's the post the picture came from:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321146-etl-v-brief-blood-angels/?view=findpost&p=4386420

Here's the picture:

26748520362_df3864e3a5_c.jpg

Edited by Father Mapple

I, Father Mapple, of the Blood Suns, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Raphen's Squad from Deathstorm on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Blood Suns, a Blood Angels successor chapter, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Pictures forthcoming hereinbelow.

Glad to have you onboard :)

I really enjoy the painting challenges, and have loved this sub forum since the 5th edition codex came out. It's my pleasure to have frater dedicated like you and Morticon to running these things.

I just wish I could paint and post more! This is why space Marines aren't self employed, or have families... It makes them much more efficient time wise. Lol

Edited by Father Mapple

I,Boudan, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one (1) Land Raider Crusader with magnetized Hurricane Bolters, Pintle Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter, and Twin-linked Assault Cannon, on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Lamenters Chapter and the Blood Angels subforum, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my forum signature as a reminder of my shame.

http://i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w371/Brendanguilford/1DE60B7E-700D-48B2-A944-CE9279EBBA34_zpshgmw9bgp.jpg

Edited by Boudan

I Uveron rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and a Misslie Launcher and a vindicare assassin on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the “Emperor's Harbingers, Scions of the Blood of Sanguinius” I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Edit: Pictures added

gallery_63905_11231_1436405.jpg

gallery_63905_11231_1291266.jpg

Edited by Uveron

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete (1) Death Company Chaplain, re-mark Squad PYRROS (counts as Raphen's Death Co), and (1) Bull Rider (counts as Space Marine Bike) on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the KHALKOTAUROI (Blood Angel Successor) I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0232_zpsjmdwqltz.jpghttp://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0234_zps0q9cce2i.jpg

Edited by MadGreek

gallery_78067_11287_99054.png

The sun is shining
and the birds are singing
and because today
is the very last day

they will sing forever.

-- Proverb

A Choir of Angels, giving voice to lament. A Requiem for the Fallen. Many voices, together as one. Our company was there, at Terra, at the End. Azra'il sang for our Father.

-- Zhel Varost, named Urumva'il, Requiem, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

By blood and by bolter,

With tooth and with claw,

In honor and in glory.

Forever.

-- Oath of moment, Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

Remember, my brothers. We are His sons, the blood of a Godless Angel. We have been broken, at Signus and elsewhere, but today we are reforged. We are the Emperor's Sword, as the VII serves as His Shield, and today is the day we shall right the wrong that has be done to us. We won't do it for honor, or glory. We won't do it for Terra or Baal. We won't even do it in the name of our Father, or the Emperor. No. We'll do it for the Fallen: for Ca'aphas, for Ma'adai, for Ta'avi and a hundred hundred more. We can never forget their names, and we can never forgive their deaths. So, brothers. We go to war again, with their names on our lips and their memory in our hearts, and take a red tithe from those who brought their deaths. We may die here, but if we die, we die bleeding from a hundred wounds, with blades in our necks and spears in our guts, our war cries echoing throughout eternity. We defy the enemy today. We may die, but as our namesake Angel of the ancient mythos, we will not allow the darkness to go unpunished. Go! Now! In the name of Ca'aphas and Ma'adai and Ta'avi! In the names of the Fallen of Signus! In the name of Vengeance!

-- Vael Morrigan, named Khama'el, Voice of the Host, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion at the dawn of the Last Day.

med_gallery_78067_12186_331900.jpg

Vael Morrigan, named Khama'el of the First Circle, Voice of the Host and the Choir (closest analogous Legion rank: Chaplain?), Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

+++

I, the Psycho, a loyal son of Terra, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Legion Chaplain on or before 30 November 2016. Should I succeed, I shall bring honor to Azra'il Company of the IX Legion, and bear with pride the badge IRATUS DOMINUS badge, but should I fail I will bear the mark of CARCERES IRA for my penance.

Edited by The Psycho

I really enjoy the painting challenges, and have loved this sub forum since the 5th edition codex came out. It's my pleasure to have frater dedicated like you and Morticon to running these things.

I just wish I could paint and post more! This is why space Marines aren't self employed, or have families... It makes them much more efficient time wise. Lol

Indeed it does :laugh.: Oh, and if you like events, keep an eye on the forum in February/March next year :wink:

I couldnt wait and completed my counts as seth yesterday!

But i will join in to finish my assault marines and find something else to earn that sig!

Nothing on your painting desk or something on the back burner you can do? Much better to finish stuff rather than start anew (it's a bit early to save stuff for the ETL but...)

Can we add to our vows later on or does it all have to be vowed at once? 

Not entirely sure what you mean.

You can make as many vows as you want during the event, with the only proviso is that you need to complete the current one before adding another. New vows are made by using Primary vows, Secondary vows (i.e. those little extra tidbits we've got lying around) can either be made when you make a new Primary vow or you can add them in by PMing me. Note that everything still needs finishing before a new Primary vow is made.

Hmm. I don't have all that much free time and already have three other challenges to complete in a similar time frame for which I shall do everything I can to not fail... but then again I do need to redeem myself in the eyes of Reclusiarch Jolemai who cannot stop reminding me of my double (triple?) failure in the Blood Angels' name every week or so. Also I do have some Blood Angels bits and pieces just lying around unused.

Hmm...

Hmm. I don't have all that much free time and already have three other challenges to complete in a similar time frame for which I shall do everything I can to not fail... but then again I do need to redeem myself in the eyes of Reclusiarch Jolemai who cannot stop reminding me of my double (triple?) failure in the Blood Angels' name every week or so. Also I do have some Blood Angels bits and pieces just lying around unused.

Hmm...

:laugh.:

Pfft, I'm not that bad. To be honest though, you might want to clear your backlog first... 

Thread updated!

I,Boudan, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one (1) Land Raider Crusader with magnetized Hurricane Bolters, Pintle Multi-Melta, Storm Bolter, and Twin-linked Assault Cannon, on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the Lamenters Chapter and the Blood Angels subforum, I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my forum signature as a reminder of my shame.

Wouldn't be an event without some Lamenters involved :thumbsup:

I Uveron rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete 6 Scouts with Sniper Rifles and a Misslie Launcher and a vindicare assassin on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the “Emperor's Harbingers, Scions of the Blood of Sanguinius” I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

Welcome to your first BA event :smile.: Looking forward to seeing your Successor Chapter (don't forget to add a starting image!)

I, the Mad Greek, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete (1) Death Company Chaplain, re-mark Squad PYRROS (counts as Raphen's Death Co), and (1) Bull Rider (counts as Space Marine Bike) on or before November 30th, 2016. Should I bring honour to the KHALKOTAUROI (Blood Angel Successor) I will proudly wear the IRATUS DOMINUS badge; should I fail I will display the CARCERES IRA on my chest as a reminder of my shame.

http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0232_zpsjmdwqltz.jpghttp://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/t371/MDemetris/IMAG0234_zps0q9cce2i.jpg

Hey MG, thanks for making a vow even though you completed your ETL pledge before this event started :smile.: Have you got other bullriders on your plog?

gallery_78067_11287_99054.png

The sun is shining

and the birds are singing

and because today

is the very last day

they will sing forever.

-- Proverb

A Choir of Angels, giving voice to lament. A Requiem for the Fallen. Many voices, together as one. Our company was there, at Terra, at the End. Azra'il sang for our Father.

-- Zhel Varost, named Urumva'il, Requiem, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

By blood and by bolter,

With tooth and with claw,

In honor and in glory.

Forever.

-- Oath of moment, Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

Remember, my brothers. We are His sons, the blood of a Godless Angel. We have been broken, at Signus and elsewhere, but today we are reforged. We are the Emperor's Sword, as the VII serves as His Shield, and today is the day we shall right the wrong that has be done to us. We won't do it for honor, or glory. We won't do it for Terra or Baal. We won't even do it in the name of our Father, or the Emperor. No. We'll do it for the Fallen: for Ca'aphas, for Ma'adai, for Ta'avi and a hundred hundred more. We can never forget their names, and we can never forgive their deaths. So, brothers. We go to war again, with their names on our lips and their memory in our hearts, and take a red tithe from those who brought their deaths. We may die here, but if we die, we die bleeding from a hundred wounds, with blades in our necks and spears in our guts, our war cries echoing throughout eternity. We defy the enemy today. We may die, but as our namesake Angel of the ancient mythos, we will not allow the darkness to go unpunished. Go! Now! In the name of Ca'aphas and Ma'adai and Ta'avi! In the names of the Fallen of Signus! In the name of Vengeance!

-- Vael Morrigan, named Khama'el, Voice of the Host, late of Azra'il Company, IX Legion at the dawn of the Last Day.

med_gallery_78067_12186_331900.jpg

Vael Morrigan, named Khama'el of the First Circle, Voice of the Host and the Choir (closest analogous Legion rank: Chaplain?), Azra'il Company, IX Legion.

+++

I, the Psycho, a loyal son of Terra, rise to the challenge of From Rage to Salvation and vow to complete one Legion Chaplain on or before 30 November 2016. Should I succeed, I shall bring honor to Azra'il Company of the IX Legion, and bear with pride the badge IRATUS DOMINUS badge, but should I fail I will bear the mark of CARCERES IRA for my penance.

Welcome aboard! First IX Legion entry and we're all eager to see it :thumbsup:

(this forum needs more IX Legion imo...)